proline 3.8 badland 17mm belted wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djhammy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
seeing whos had these badlands and has similar issues, the hub adapters that you can swap are useless, they split or crack to easy. now i know proline offers the hubs in aluminum, but for $46a pair, but out of atock, ofcourse they are...lol...like i already paid $154 for the wheels but these hubs are just junk... anybody make theyre own that hold up better?

20220423_170756.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't run the plastic for too long I upgraded to the aluminum hubs because these armas run better on the Zero offset wheel hubs. But you can easily tighten them too much which I'm not saying you did but could easily have happened. If you think about it all those racing wheels and stuff they're using way thinner and lighter plastic and they're not cracking like this

i guess i should mention i have a kraton, its a basher, and compairing a monster offroad wheel to a much tinier and lighter wheel just don't fit the bill... all my wheels are offroad, heavier ect. but none broke at hubs, light tumbles, sometimes roll overs, flips, ect. allthough all other wheels hubs wernt removable either. u may have a point though on going with a zero offset, as im allready using 13mm hub extenions too, i like how it drives wider but i can see how theres more abuse to having offsets, maybe i should just remove the extenders and suck it up and buy the aluminums....dang

thats the only beef i have with these prolines, they should have just been one mold, rim and hub, after droping more money on the aluminum hubs, got the belted badlands, but still....these wheels are just too heavy now, i have much more fun with the backflips

I'm running them with a half 6s kraton/6s Kronos xtr with a Max 6 1650kv on a 26 t pinion. (insane) I got the max 5 800 kv combo in my k8s for how expensive prolielne is they should have aluminum rims.
Bad ass

Attachments

• PXL_20230201_032846740.jpg
    PXL_20230201_032846740.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20221225_001816884.jpg
    PXL_20221225_001816884.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 33
But then look at this thing....
Looking at this thing, my first thought is, "Man, that's sick!" Then my second thought is, "Man! That would be utterly impossible to drive. You wouldn't be able to see diddly over your ridiculously enormous tires, sitting that low." It looks cool though.

As far as these aluminum hexes, I can't get it out of my head. I'm glad I spent the money. I had been spinning the hexes right out of backflips on a weekly basis. The whole center of the wheel just melts, and the tire eventually spins off into the sunset. Well crap! So that's why I decided to try the Pro-Lines, and why I went with the metal hexes. I'm happy with them so far, but for what they're charging for these things, it's kind of criminal.

The part I can't get out of my head is trying to figure out whether I could make them myself. The bolt circle, I have that down pat. Machining the internal hexes on a manual mill, I'm confused trying to figure out how I would set that up.

I made a lantern pinion for a clock, so I could definitely get part of the way there.

1680687913653.png

Looking at this thing, my first thought is, "Man, that's sick!" Then my second thought is, "Man! That would be utterly impossible to drive. You wouldn't be able to see diddly over your ridiculously enormous tires, sitting that low." It looks cool though.

As far as these aluminum hexes, I can't get it out of my head. I'm glad I spent the money. I had been spinning the hexes right out of backflips on a weekly basis. The whole center of the wheel just melts, and the tire eventually spins off into the sunset. Well crap! So that's why I decided to try the Pro-Lines, and why I went with the metal hexes. I'm happy with them so far, but for what they're charging for these things, it's kind of criminal.

The part I can't get out of my head is trying to figure out whether I could make them myself. The bolt circle, I have that down pat. Machining the internal hexes on a manual mill, I'm confused trying to figure out how I would set that up.

I made a lantern pinion for a clock, so I could definitely get part of the way there.

View attachment 290594
The hexes are crazy expensive. They are my favorite tires but you are 90% the way there with he backflips at half the cost.

I tighten my lugs before every run and sometimes even use locktight.

The issue I have more often then not is the rim getting stuck on the hex, which i suppose is a better problem than it stripping and spinning the tire off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back