Proline Badlands 2.8 balloning prevention?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arawak420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
Got wheels on great traction in corners and take off, but in loose dirt at speed its pretty squirly as i can see the wheels balloning. anyway to cure that to keep wheels more planted? Tires are glued damn good to rims or id tape the inside of tire. Any other options?

Venting your tires from the outside and tape the holes inside should reduce ballooning. You can also use fishing line and rap the outside (inside the grooves) and ca glue the line.

Venting your tires from the outside and tape the holes inside should reduce ballooning. You can also use fishing line and rap the outside (inside the grooves) and ca glue the line.
i looked and there is no holes on the inside of the rims.

i looked and there is no holes on the inside of the rims.
Look inside the spokes holes should be there. Should be 2 holes opposite of one another per wheel. Venting will reduce ballooning but won't remove it completely. It does help the tires to last longer, though.

Awsome gonna try that. Im new to this brushless game. Im still on 50% power 3s 60c lipo poppin wheelies. 100% is insane. This version bigrock came with 20t pinion.

I did try the o-rings but didn’t find it necessary as I generally don’t try to speed run my Granite anymore. ???

I thought it was @Notorious J

You can also try strapping them with braided fishing like or Kevlar kite string.
it may have been.. i cant quite remember.. hopefully they will chime in..
I did try the O rings, but it was @jondilly1974 that first brought it to my attention. @Arawak420, the o ring size that i found to work the best were 90mm Inner Diameter 95.3mm OD 2.65mm Width https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X98L5PJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is what I used. I also added the braided fishing line after a couple runs because the orings stretch. They were fine on 4S but needed some help on 6S. I would recommend the 2.5mm over the 3mm though.

7DEB8DA3-8E73-4C58-8346-C0BECD632A67.jpeg

C2771E75-2CB5-47F3-9AE1-C0FD99B9C7F3.jpeg

14E396DB-0859-450A-A5BA-08ACAB5E4151.jpeg

500lb kevlar cored string works well on 6S trenchers, not sure how tall the nubs are on badlands. I used 70lb braided kevlar kite string on my 2.8 trenchers, but ended up not really needing it on 3S. They balloon, but not too bad. Just enough to give me more control in the air.

I used 2-3 wraps of the 70lb stuff on my eJato rears and later removed it as it was killing my air control completely:
2019-0329-eJato-WrappedTiresReceiver.jpg

I don't have it geared that fast, probably 40mph on 3S and I don't hold the throttle WOT when in the air for long doing a flip or whatever.

How long do the seals last before theyre stretched to hell. Im on 3s bigrock.

Oh, if you’re on 3S then I don’t think they will stretch. I have these on my Typhon 6S with a 17T pinion which is quite a bit more rpm. They’re fine on 4S too.

The o-rings are a lazy mans fix to the problem. The braided fishing line is the best solution but it takes a while to do which is why I wanted to give the o-rings a try.

I've had terrible experiences with ballooning tires... glad I bought the belted version!

Although messing with kevlar and fishing line seems kinda fun. The fishing line method looks tried and true. Some amazing line out there now versus 5 years ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back