Proline Badlands 3.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spar69!

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Talion
Anyone know the size difference ( outside diameter/width )between the stock Talion Katar tires and the Proline Badlands 3.8 ? ( Not the MX38's )

Never mind found my answer.....Prolines- 5.85 tall/2.72 wide.....Katars-5.75 tall/2.24 wide....... for whoever has these on a V3 Talion how do they handle/hold up to 6S ???

Oh poop thanks @chevys10zr2003, just saw your post

I am thinking of putting some badlands on my Talion too... also wondering how they like 6s.

I have them on my V3 Talion. I love them besides they came unglued on 6s. It does wheelie a lot more. Awesome grip. Ripped my wing off a few times. Also using 17 tooth pinion. They do ballon big time but makes it easier to do backflips. Just make sure you buy extra glue.

3.8 Badlands are great tires. They have been the go to bashing tires for years. They have awesome grip, good wear and simply look Badass with that aggressive moto-x tread. They are the perfect size for the Talion. I have some 3.8 Badlands I still need to mount (stretch) onto my 4.0" "superlight" DE Racing Speedline Plus wheels. I will take my time spending extra time gluing them to ensure they stay put (I'm using AKA premium tire glue).

However, I have heard Badlands do balloon on 6S, so I'm also thinking of using one wrap of Gorilla tape (with 1/2-1" overlay), or I may even try some small thin strips of Gorilla tape (kind of like steel belted), in order to help minimize some of the ballooning and to also help the tires from coming unglued. I will also put 2 small holes (using solder iron) in the outside of the tire (middle part of the tread) to help with ballooning, etc (& obviously cover the 2 holes in the rim with black silicone)...

Cmcrc: have you changed your front diff fluid (10k) to thicker yet? If not, this may help some with your Badlands ballooning too much & tires coming unglued? I have 50k front on my V3 Talion.

Last edited:
So fill the holes in the inside of the rim and burn 2 small holes in the center of each tire will help with ballooning ?????

I burned two holes in my crawler tires. 180° from each other to let the water out of them after water crossings

3.8 Badlands are great tires. They have been the go to bashing tires for years. They have awesome grip, good wear and simply look Badass with that aggressive moto-x tread. They are the perfect size for the Talion. I have some 3.8 Badlands I still need to mount (stretch) onto my 4.0" "superlight" DE Racing Speedline Plus wheels. I will take my time spending extra time gluing them to ensure they stay put (I'm using AKA premium tire glue).

However, I have heard Badlands do balloon on 6S, so I'm also thinking of using one wrap of Gorilla tape (with 1/2-1" overlay), or I may even try some small thin strips of Gorilla tape (kind of like steel belted), in order to help minimize some of the ballooning and to also help the tires from coming unglued. I will also put 2 small holes (using solder iron) in the outside of the tire (middle part of the tread) to help with ballooning, etc (& obviously cover the 2 holes in the rim with black silicone)...

Cmcrc: have you changed your front diff fluid (10k) to thicker yet? If not, this may help some with your Badlands ballooning too much & tires coming unglued? I have 50k front on my V3 Talion.

I have the 3.8 trenches and 3.8 mashers and they balloon like crazy on 6s. I wrapped mine it helped big time. I had to re glue mine twice before I ended up wrapping them.

I have the 3.8 trenches and 3.8 mashers and they balloon like crazy on 6s. I wrapped mine it helped big time. I had to re glue mine twice before I ended up wrapping them.
William, did you use Gorilla tape to wrap & did you use just one wrap with approx 1" overlay?

spar69 yes, that is correct from what I've heard it can help somewhat with tire ballooning. It also helps any dirt/water to escape from inside the tire which is part of the reason why tires sometimes come unglued, etc. If your tires are already pre-mounted, just be careful with the foam & maybe try pinching tire outwards when burning in the 2 small holes & do not penetrate too far into the tire with your soldering iron. Even have a water squirter around for extra measure to ensure foam inside is not burned at all.

PS, it never hurts to run an extra bead of glue around each side of your tires, as this also helps prevent tires from coming unglued.

William, did you use Gorilla tape to wrap & did you use just one wrap with approx 1" overlay?

spar69 yes, that is correct from what I've heard it can help somewhat with tire ballooning. It also helps any dirt/water to escape from inside the tire which is part of the reason why tires sometimes come unglued, etc. If your tires are already pre-mounted, just be careful with the foam & maybe try pinching tire outwards when burning in the 2 small holes & do not penetrate too far into the tire with your soldering iron. Even have a water squirter around for extra measure to ensure foam inside is not burned at all.

PS, it never hurts to run an extra bead of glue around each side of your tires, as this also helps prevent tires from coming unglued.

I used monofilament 17lb test. Enough wraps to fill the void in the tread pattern on the trenchers. The difference in ballooning is crazy.
20180321_193521.jpg

Y

I put 60k in the front 200k in center and 10k in rear. I love it this way. I don't mind the balloning but everybody's different.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back