Kraton Proline Badlands Belted = Crappy Steering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Vorteks
So I just got a set of belted badlands for my Kraton and the steering radius took a significant decline. Other folks have also informed me that they prefer to not run the belted badlands due to the same reason. Is this common? I love the tires and want to run them but can’t deal with the crappy steering. What tips are there for increasing the steering with belted tires or am I doing something wrong??

I have the belted 3.8 badlands on my dual motor rig with 0 issues. Granted, it's also a dual servo steering setup for that reason. I will have to side with others who say the belted 3.8 badlands are heavy for even the kraton6s. Use it (3.8 belted) on the 8s rigs or not at all.

So I just got a set of belted badlands for my Kraton and the steering radius took a significant decline. Other folks have also informed me that they prefer to not run the belted badlands due to the same reason. Is this common? I love the tires and want to run them but can’t deal with the crappy steering. What tips are there for increasing the steering with belted tires or am I doing something wrong??
Are you running the stock servo or an upgrade?
I have belted 3.8 (Louise Mcross) which are only slightly lighter than the Badlands, but haven’t ran them yet. Hopefully they run OK because I really like the look of them. Have installed a stronger servo though.

@fpvmiller
With two servos I assume you run them with a y-splitter in channel 1?

Are these tires larger in diameter and/or width than stock? How much more do they weigh? What servo are you running?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back