proline badlands kraton 8s who is using

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishzilla

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Thinking go getting a set of proline badlands , anyone running them on your Kraton 8s?
and if so how do you like them, did you get the bead lock wheels and did you have to drill them to fit?

I have the trenchers, but the wheel is the same.

The badlands only come as beadlock. BTW it’s 40 screws per wheel.

Yes, you will have to drill the center bore out to 18mm to fit the Kraton. It’s also a good idea to shave the plastic wheel nuts stubs off as well so you can fit a 24mm hex socket on the wheel.

The badlands don’t balloon much at all, which is why they are popular.

I’m running them after I burnt though my stockers. I like them and have them on several other big scales.

The do “feel” heavy. I have an upgraded servo so that helped, but I feel like there is a better option out there. They mainly affect the jumping performance, for sure, compared to stock.

Not sure if aluminum screws would help much. The plus side is they don’t ballon, wear like iron and provide amazing levels of traction on just about any surface. They are also extremely durable from a design standpoint.

What’s everyone else running?

We need a wheels/tire sticky for the K8S forum...

The badlands are nice....The trenchers are bada$$.
Here's a side by side of the 2 for comparison.
The pic doesn't do them justice but the trenchers are a good bit larger than the badlands. They (on the left)actually make the wheels look smaller than the ones with the badlands. both wheels are the same. I just rit dyed the rings on the badlands set.
20200305_193924.jpg

Last edited:
The badlands are nice....The trenchers are bada$$.
Here's a side by side of the 2 for comparison.
The pic doesn't do them justice but the trenchers are a good bit larger than the badlands. They (on the left)actually make the wheels look smaller than the ones with the badlands. both wheels are the same. I just rit dyed the rings on the badlands set.
View attachment 68465
Hi mate - I just bought myself a set of badlands...how did you dye the rings and can u still get a 24mm socket on the wheel nut with the existing 6 plastic nuts on the face of the wheel itself?

Thinking go getting a set of proline badlands , anyone running them on your Kraton 8s?
and if so how do you like them, did you get the bead lock wheels and did you have to drill them to fit?
I think personally that the badlands were too stiff for my 26ft plus jumps, so I'm more happy with the 4.3 Trenchers. They balloon, so that help me get the double backflips, and even triple backflips that I try to get when I'm sending my 30lbs monsters in the air. The Duratrax lockups X have been working well for me too, but they do become a unglued easily with all that power from the bigger motors and ESCS (XLX2 and Max 5).

I think personally that the badlands were too stiff for my 26ft plus jumps, so I'm more happy with the 4.3 Trenchers. They balloon, so that help me get the double backflips, and even triple backflips that I try to get when I'm sending my 30lbs monsters in the air. The Duratrax lockups X have been working well for me too, but they do become a unglued easily with all that power from the bigger motors and ESCS (XLX2 and Max 5).
I had Duratrax Lockups which delaminated & tore the tyre in half - that is also after reglueing them & meticulously checking the seams after each run.
I'm also running the XLX2 with 800kv - plenty of power :)
Have u got a pic of how the trenchers look on your rig? I've read that they're a much fatter tyre

I had Duratrax Lockups which delaminated & tore the tyre in half - that is also after reglueing them & meticulously checking the seams after each run.
I'm also running the XLX2 with 800kv - plenty of power :)

Have u got a pic of how the trenchers look on your rig? I've read that they're a much fatter tyre
Yeah I do : on the K8S and O8S. I believe that they are too big for the Xmaxx. I'll have to install them and double check :

20220124_142228.jpg
20211226_121841.jpg
20211001_185331.jpg
20211001_185324.jpg

Man they are faaaat - luv it!!!
They sure are massive. They do break stuff a bit more when landing wrong, but not by much TBH. As long as you land on 4 wheels, you should be fine. They are like giant pillows. They make the K8S and O8S look more aggressive. Very durable tires too. I did have to enlarge the hex holes with a stepper drill bit.

They sure are massive. They do break stuff a bit more when landing wrong, but not by much TBH. As long as you land on 4 wheels, you should be fine. They are like giant pillows. They make the K8S and O8S look more aggressive. Very durable tires too. I did have to enlarge the hex holes with a stepper drill bit.
I need to drill my badlands as well, 18mm from memory?
Did u grind or cut down the plastic stubs on the face of the wheel to clear the wheel nut?

How is no one talking about the proline masher x. Great tires, haven't come unglued on me yet and they're lighter than the stock tires. Tire wear is great too and I've taken them to 70+ mph on the street and no drilling necessary.

How is no one talking about the proline masher x. Great tires, haven't come unglued on me yet and they're lighter than the stock tires. Tire wear is great too and I've taken them to 70+ mph on the street and no drilling necessary.

I’ve heard elsewhere that they didn’t have much traction in wet grass. Living in Western Washington rain and wet grass is always at play. So they have been off my watchlist. I’m on backflips but getting tired of having to reglue the tires after every battery pack.

I’ve heard elsewhere that they didn’t have much traction in wet grass. Living in Western Washington rain and wet grass is always at play. So they have been off my watchlist. I’m on backflips but getting tired of having to reglue the tires after every battery pack.
I actually read those complaints right after I ordered them and it kind of had me worried I had made a mistake but when I actually tried them I didn't understand the complaint at all. Maybe I just don't know whats good? I dunno but my k8s had no problem flying across a field of wet grass. Even the older lady who was walking by was amazed at how fast the big girl was moving across the field. Personally I have zero complaints so far and I'd go as far to say I'd spend the 200 on them again if I had to do it all over again. The fact that they're so light is just major icing on the cake.

I feel you on the glue though, I have to reglue tires for my k6s and talion so often I hate it. Makes having strong electronics almost feel not worth it unless you just run belted tires all the time.

I actually read those complaints right after I ordered them and it kind of had me worried I had made a mistake but when I actually tried them I didn't understand the complaint at all. Maybe I just don't know whats good? I dunno but my k8s had no problem flying across a field of wet grass. Even the older lady who was walking by was amazed at how fast the big girl was moving across the field. Personally I have zero complaints so far and I'd go as far to say I'd spend the 200 on them again if I had to do it all over again. The fact that they're so light is just major icing on the cake.

I feel you on the glue though, I have to reglue tires for my k6s and talion so often I hate it. Makes having strong electronics almost feel not worth it unless you just run belted tires all the time.
This was less than 5 minutes into a session before work and. I had checked and pulled on them the night before and seemed secure. Didn’t realize until I got back to work at lunch that the inner beads had come off too. Pulled all 4 wheels at lunch and glued them up. I’m probably going to go beadlocks but I’m torn between the badlands and trenchers. Badlands seem to be the most popular with our local run group so that is what I’ll likely end up doing.

122542D8-5512-49AD-A6DB-1F761A85307C.jpeg

CA6BAFC9-718D-489E-8E48-ECDEC8BF604B.jpeg

How much do the mashers weigh?
A lot of ppl say that badlands are heavy but they’re only 45 grams heavier than my Louise / Duratrax wheels…later today I’ll weigh my stock K8S wheels as a benchmark

03C54706-E57E-4B40-9FAF-92048B2F8D60.jpeg

D16BB14C-AA32-4C7D-912B-C02803287FEC.jpeg

Here you go. Compared to stock backflips. I love the mashers but there is something about them backflips that amaze me. I have broken more on the backflips on drivetrain due to traction in certain areas.

View attachment 206877

View attachment 206878
I was tripping for a minute when I saw the backflips weight but then I remembered the k8s stock tires are bigger and heavier than the backflips haha.

I was tripping for a minute when I saw the backflips weight but then I remembered the k8s stock tires are bigger and heavier than the backflips haha.
You talking about the sb copperheads or the big block exb copperheads? Don’t have a set of those to weigh

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back