proline badlands kraton 8s who is using

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had Duratrax Lockups which delaminated & tore the tyre in half - that is also after reglueing them & meticulously checking the seams after each run.
I'm also running the XLX2 with 800kv - plenty of power :)

Have u got a pic of how the trenchers look on your rig? I've read that they're a much fatter tyre
More pictures comparing the Proline Trenchers 4.3. First picture is comparing them to EXB K8S tires and powerhobby XL belted tires. I like trenchers better. They have been more durable than both of those tires, including the Duratrax lockups. The other pictures are where my Outcast 8s has the trenchers and the Xmaxx and K8S have the Duratrax lockups :

20220317_141640.jpg
20220317_141702.jpg
20220317_142001.jpg
20220317_142012.jpg
20220317_142031.jpg
20220317_142125.jpg
20220317_142007.jpg

You talking about the sb copperheads or the big block exb copperheads? Don’t have a set of those to weigh
Yea the exb big blocks, when I made the comment that mashers weigh less than stock I was talking about stock exb tires :LOL:

746g for the stock Kraton 8s wheels is heavier than I thought, wow!

So my badlands are effectively 70g heavier than the stockers…I can live with that :)

I would stay away from the Duratrax tires. The rims just don't hold up to extreme bashing. This is like my 3rd cracked rim in the week. They are not new though. They did take the abuse, but after after a few months, the rims explode :

20220323_100927.jpg
20220320_122712.jpg

I am really looking into the badlands. The mashers are awesome besides on wet grass then you need something to balloon. Since I believe the badlands are not belted. Just a non ballooning compound they might ballon a little which has my interest. Tire wear on the prolines period is awesome.

I am really looking into the badlands. The mashers are awesome besides on wet grass then you need something to balloon. Since I believe the badlands are not belted. Just a non ballooning compound they might ballon a little which has my interest. Tire wear on the prolines period is awesome.
Are you talking about the 4.3 badlands? Those don't balloon on 8s. The ones that balloon a lot are the 4.3 Trenchers, which I have and love.

I’m taking 8s rigs.
Yeah sorry I know you are. I just found out that proline has some big tires for the K8S that are badlands thanks to you . Yeah I hate regluing tires, so I'm keeping my Trenches. Yeah they weigh a lot, but they have been very durable so far. And it's pretty easy to just replace the wheel if they wear out 👍

They sure are massive. They do break stuff a bit more when landing wrong, but not by much TBH. As long as you land on 4 wheels, you should be fine. They are like giant pillows. They make the K8S and O8S look more aggressive. Very durable tires too. I did have to enlarge the hex holes with a stepper drill bit.
Hey bro, did you use an 18mm stepper drill? I went out today and both my rear stock tires exploded in spectacular fashion. I was mid backflip and tire just went everywhere, almost looked like a missile struck the truck in the air. :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Thinking about buying these trenchers but I don't want to mess them up making the wrong sized hole.

Hey bro, did you use an 18mm stepper drill? I went out today and both my rear stock tires exploded in spectacular fashion. I was mid backflip and tire just went everywhere, almost looked like a missile struck the truck in the air. :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Thinking about buying these trenchers but I don't want to mess them up making the wrong sized hole.
I used one of these slowly.

Neiko 10194A Titanium Step Drill Bit, High Speed Steel | 1/4 to 1-3/8 | Total 10 Step Sizes … https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FZ2UOY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_XBAJE6316H0N5V7HNFZS

Actually this is exactly the one I bought. A few bucks cheaper :
amoolo Titanium Step Drill Bit (10 Step), 1/4" to 1-3/8", High Speed Steel (HSS) 1/4" Hex Shank Unibit for Soft Metal Sheet, Wood, Plastic, Multiple Hole Drilling Cone Drill Bit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08358PV3Z/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_KY94FCRF4D44AGGERCJ7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I finally bought the new badlands for my outcast 8s. Not the beadlock ones and they are great!! They don't balloon too much but I think it's perfect because it still gives some ballooning for correcting and such but not super balloon like the stock tires. And they grip and rip, I love them

D385C68B-CC6B-4888-94A8-CDD8412A5DCD.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back