Proline badlands mx38 pics please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Nero
Can anyone post some pics so I can see how these tires look mounted on their Nero. Thanks

I can get around to it this weekend if no one else does.i wouldnt recommend these tyres though

They look cool but don't perform well.

1) Balloon too much
2) you need to drop your pinion down at least a tooth or you will overheat the motor
3) they are heavy and put more strain on your drive train

IMG_5792.JPG
IMG_5450.JPG

I don't know about performance but I have to say they look BADASS on that truck!

Thanks! It's actually a big rock but I like the green body more so I put the blx body mounts and bumpers and tires on it. It runs like a champ but with these tires you have to gear down or the low voltage cuttoff kicks in way too soon. The tires are awesome off road, but on the street they balloon so much it's hard to go straight at full speed.

Yeah people complain so much about ballooning I actually don't mind it. Only thing that concerns me is the extra stress on the driveline and electronics.

I don't mind some ballooning here and there but most of the Proline 3.8's just balloon something silly on 6S.
Taping works wonders but you'll have to get the tires off the rims...

Also, your Nero looks great with the MX3.8's!

Agreed they look awesome - on a shelf queen.

I have to agree with dubbl-a. I thought i could live with it, and I thought i understood ballooning but on 6S we are talking full pizza cutters here. You need to back off the throttle a lot or you will either not be able to control the car, or, will tear a tyre.

There is a video on here somewhere.

Thanks for the pics. If only proline sold just the tires unmounted so I could tape them. But they do look awesome.

I am running proline superswampers but I have them taped so they run great without ballooning.

Agreed, I wish they sold all there tires as unmounted as an option.
My taped set of MX2.8's on my Senton are great with no ballooning.

Agreed, I wish they sold all there tires as unmounted as an option.
My taped set of MX2.8's on my Senton are great with no ballooning.

Got a pic? I have been thinking of getting some MX2.8's on the 17mmF11 for my Typhon. Did you add axle wideners or anything?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back