Proline Badlands - Vent or No?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello Everyone,

I finally got my 17mm inserts for the Badlands tires. Out of the package they are not vented. I run the Granite BLX on 3S. Should I vent them, or not? Just wanted to check as these tires were very pricey. (Late bday present to myself). Thanks in advance for your advice!

personally I wouldnt. Ive managed to blow a foam out of the hole. a 3mm hole

Hello Everyone,

I finally got my 17mm inserts for the Badlands tires. Out of the package they are not vented. I run the Granite BLX on 3S. Should I vent them, or not? Just wanted to check as these tires were very pricey. (Late bday present to myself). Thanks in advance for your advice!
If these are not "belted" Badlands, you might want to. But I would run them once or twice first to see how you like the performance without venting.

I haven’t run the badlands, but every dboots tire I’ve vented has blown out where the vent hole was. I stopped venting them and haven’t had a blow out since. Venting has its place, but sometimes I think it’s turned into a much bigger deal than it really is.

I haven’t run the badlands, but every dboots tire I’ve vented has blown out where the vent hole was. I stopped venting them and haven’t had a blow out since. Venting has its place, but sometimes I think it’s turned into a much bigger deal than it really is.
I agree. I get that it's a good thing to reduce ballooning, but ever since I started plugging the holes in the wheels and no venting, my tires last much longer and it feels like I'm sacrificing nothing. This is with Backflip Lp's mind you. Badlands and standard Backflips might be a whole different story.

I run in wet a lot, so I always vent. On my 50mph+ trucks, I wrap the tires with kevlar cord so they don't balloon much anyway. The holes I make in the tires are purely for letting water get out.

I plugged my holes in the rims and didn't vent and I blew the tires off from jumping big, nowhere for the air to go. I vent everything inuding 2 sets of Badlands now and I have no issues. Idk how the heck you guys are ripping at the vent. My question is what you are you using to vent it for that to happen?

Thanks for for the advice everyone!

On closer inspection it looks like they are vented through the wheels. Is this correct as far as y'all can tell?

IMG_20210617_202921377.jpg

Thanks for for the advice everyone!

On closer inspection it looks like they are vented through the wheels. Is this correct as far as y'all can tell?

View attachment 152658
Most are vented at the wheel. I think some of the later arrma ones are vented at the tire and the wheel is solid. Otherwise, every wheel I've had was vented.

Back