Kraton Proline Badlands wobble horribly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick034197

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I upgraded the wheels and tires on my Kraton 6S V4 to the badlands and they wobble horribly. I have researched and it appears that the mass glueing gets the tire off balance. Do I have any options to correct this or do I need to take them back and try another set?
Thanks in advance!

Run the stock tyres on the front...............This works for me

B838FF84-48A8-4426-A124-BB081946A746.jpeg

So I upgraded the wheels and tires on my Kraton 6S V4 to the badlands and they wobble horribly. I have researched and it appears that the mass glueing gets the tire off balance. Do I have any options to correct this or do I need to take them back and try another set?
Thanks in advance!

Just curious - are these the belted versions you’re referring to and are they the MX38? I have the belted versions and haven’t experienced this wobble.

Sorry for the delay. I am really not sure. They were $60 for each set of 2. I will try and find the original packaging this afternoon when I get home

Sorry for the delay. I am really not sure. They were $60 for each set of 2. I will try and find the original packaging this afternoon when I get home

That might be the belted if it was roughly $65 per set. I haven’t had any issues with mine and I’ve run them pretty hard.

I was thinking, if they were the belted ones maybe the inside got messed up somehow. The only time I get a slight “wobble” is at 60+ mph and the AVC turned up.

But that’s the AVC which is making micro adjustments to keep the car as straight as possible.

I was reading that the foam gets mashed around during shopping and it takes time and running the truck to get the foam to go back to where it should be. I have been running it with speed burst but they still wobble.

Its not up and down wobble it side to side wobble. The rims are straight the rubber is distorted. If I get home early enough (before dark) I will try and get a video.

Its not up and down wobble it side to side wobble. The rims are straight the rubber is distorted. If I get home early enough (before dark) I will try and get a video.
I've had traxxas tires where that was noticeable, but all the mounted proline tires I've had, they needed balanced and had minimal side to side issues. Maybe you can get them replaced?

I just got in and it’s to dark to do anything. I’m taking it by the RC shop tomorrow and let them figure it out. I feel I have done all I can do about the wobble so now it’s there turn lol

I am done with the proline badlands. These are new maybe used 10 minutes tops. Anyone have stock wheels and tires to trade for....

I do not have pre-mounts to trade, but noticed your profile pic and have a pic to trade. :)
Laguna Seca (tunr 5)
I am done with the proline badlands. These are new maybe used 10 minutes tops. Anyone have stock wheels and tires to trade for....

1599495755924.png

Are your tires wobbling or your truck?

Dial down AVC, typical symptom of bad adjustment when changing tires and changing the traction as a result.
If you don't have AVC, balance your tires.

It's one of the two.

It’s the tires because the stocks are still fine on it. I bought wheels and tires new. I went through the process per Proline to “message” the tires to get foam to reset and it did help but I still have 1 that wobbles terribly. I have down multiple speed runs in efforts to get them to balloon out to help out the foam back in it places but it still does it. Balancing would not help as you can visual are the rubber on the tire is distorted. Thanks for the advice though, any other thoughts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back