Kraton Proline belted mx38 wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1980

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Im thinking of getting a set of proline mx38 belted wheels for my kraton exb, is anyone else using these wheels if so what's the car like for jumping and back flipping as ive read in other places saying the belted tires slow your car down and you cant do backflips. Just wanted to check before choosing between the belted or non belted

I agree with @#ARRMArcfanboy4life. It's a cheaper route. But to answer your question I have had a set of the belted and so has my brother, they are great tires and still could backflip but not as much as non belted tires of course. They are very big tires and heavy but they do perform well. So if you don't feel like wrapping the non belted ones yourself then absolutely go for the belted ones

If the heavier tires make it hard to backflip, then change your pinion, give yourself more ESC punch, or even add a cap pack. The powertrain is more than capable of managing the added weight. Sure, it has an effect- it's rotating mass and unsprung, the worst place to add weight- but it's not a deal breaker.

I had ordered that too 🤘😎 but delivery problems and I then took the 2.8 for my typhon. They are nice and light and no more balloons. when they are back I will also own them for me exb

If the heavier tires make it hard to backflip, then change your pinion, give yourself more ESC punch, or even add a cap pack. The powertrain is more than capable of managing the added weight. Sure, it has an effect- it's rotating mass and unsprung, the worst place to add weight- but it's not a deal breaker.
I don’t believe it’s the extra weight that limits backflips while airborne. It’s from the tires not ballooning. That limits the expansion of the tire in the air under throttle (obviously) thus limiting gyroscopic action, making mid flight positioning and correction slower and more difficult.

Get non belted and belt them yourself. There are a million videos and posts about how to belt wheels.
With all respect, I totally disagree with this. Wrapping sh*t around your tires and “securing” with CA glue is, IMHO, the worst possible approach unless you just got four free premounts and have to make them work. Ask someone who has done this only to later pull wheels and hubs to extract Kevlar line from the hubs and bearings, having wrapped up tighter than you can imagine. Yes, it can work and even be effective, but only for a super short duration. If you decide to take that advice, belt them on the INSIDE instead of outside. Google it, youtube has some good how-to’s. All told, wrapping on the inside is a much better approach, but it’s a time consuming and tedious PITA and requires the tire to be off the rim and turned inside out.. So, if you want to buy separate rims, tire foams, tires, gorilla tape and CA glue and then spend a couple hours of your life doing it, it might be for you. Will it save money? No, not really. I wouldn’t under any circumstances even consider wrapping fishing line (Kevlar, etc.) around the tires ever again. If any of that sounds like not too much fun, spend the extra $13.00 for a pair of belted premounts. Sounds like a no brainer to me, but some folks just feel a need to MacGyver anything possible. It’s necessary sometimes in this hobby, but not when it comes to tires. I tried the “fishing line” fix once, and it lasted for about three packs. The left front and the right rear broke in the same run. The glue on the knots held long enough after the line broke to let the unravelled tag wrap around everything in sight. Nightmare. After that, I did the inside belting method with much better results, but the tires were noticeably heavier and almost impossible to balance. Fine for bashing, mos def NOT for speed runs. LSS: just buy belted tires. Again, no disrespect to those who choose to employ these methods, but I sure as heck won’t ever be doing it again.

Thanks for all the help guys, after lots of research about the badlands it seems the majority say they are too heavy and affect the steering and air control so ive decided to keep with the copperhead2 wheels as ive had no issues with them i was only looking at the badlands to start with as they look like a nice set of wheels, so ive just orderd another set of copperhead2 wheels. I know alot of people don't like them as well but ive had no issues

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back