• Badlands MX38

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Blockade 3.8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathVirus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4C8D9836-1827-4FC2-BF0F-5AA399A22195_zpsyjv51vm0.png

Trying to decide on a tire? Take a look at what you want to run in

You are potentially being too kind with yellow for the trenchers in snow. My stock dboots do better imo. Took me a bit by surprise.

Speaking of snow, you forgot the sand paw!

I've tried them in a number of conditions, including both of those. Just not enough traction to make it worth driving imo unless the snow is shallow enough or light enough that I am making good contact with the ground underneath.

This is with a Granite, 1/8 scale and/or 4wd might get a different result. Oh, and I run stability control (avc) too so I am even cheating a little bit. Shhhh!

Yea I only have 4wd so you might have a different experience. I thought the Granite was a 1/10th scale

I've tried them in a number of conditions, including both of those. Just not enough traction to make it worth driving imo unless the snow is shallow enough or light enough that I am making good contact with the ground underneath.

This is with a Granite, 1/8 scale and/or 4wd might get a different result. Oh, and I run stability control (avc) too so I am even cheating a little bit. Shhhh!
I used to run AVC bc it was the only receiver that could fit in the tiny Typhon receiver box (traxxas TSM receiver was way too big) but the range on those spectrum radios seems rather paltry

I don't want to derail the thread, but Spektrum surface radios have way better range than they used to. Of course that is given you set them up properly. My granite is still under control as a speck on the horizon and my antenna doesn't even come out of my body. Their air radios are even better.

I now own the arrma big rock kraton talion and added the out cast have a e revo a summit a slash a xmax stampede im trying different tires for all looking for the best tires for all that don't balloon much having little luck any ideas or good steel belted ideas out there

I now own the arrma big rock kraton talion and added the out cast have a e revo a summit a slash a xmax stampede im trying different tires for all looking for the best tires for all that don't balloon much having little luck any ideas or good steel belted ideas out there
This is mostly for offroad running:
I love Mashers on my Kraton. They're the perfect tire for the Kraton IMO. Blockades in either MT or Truggy form for Talion. Big Joe 2 or Rock Rage for Big Rock depending on terrain. Shockwaves on E-Revo (they're amazing on the Revo platforms bc they barely balloon). Super Swampers 3.8 on the Summit. I love Badlands MX28 on Stampede 4x4 but you really have to widen it out and stiffen the suspension if running on 3s or you'll traction roll bad If you can't widen it. You'd also need the stiff sway bars.

Which version of the slash are you running? Also, I don't really know much about the Xmaxx since I've never encountered one outside the box

Last edited:

For the Slash, I can recommend the HPI Maxxis tires that I posted about in another thread. They are belted and have provided way more traction than my stock Senton tires.

Be attention.

wheel offset arrma like traxxas +1sm.

My standard wheels proline offset 0
rubbing arm.

Attachments

• IMG-9148e9e7ccff5c558c583b78bc6d9c0f-V.jpg
    IMG-9148e9e7ccff5c558c583b78bc6d9c0f-V.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 57
Back