Outcast Proline MX38 badlands or trenchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlp-rc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
Wanting to throw some proline badlands or trenchers on my outcast. Only concern is that they may cause diff issues. I have a v4 outcast. This shouldn’t hurt the diffs anymore than stock tires right? Thanks!

Attachments

• C6E0F35A-7DF7-42FD-AE10-666102ADBDBE.jpeg
    C6E0F35A-7DF7-42FD-AE10-666102ADBDBE.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 179
Wanting to throw some proline badlands or trenchers on my outcast. Only concern is that they may cause diff issues. I have a v4 outcast. This shouldn’t hurt the diffs anymore than stock tires right? Thanks!
I would definitely go with the badlands. Im pretty sure Theyre a little smaller and lighter then the trenchers.

Trencher 3.8's are 13.4oz
MX38's are 14.6oz
Stock backflips are 12.5oz

Trenchers are a bit wider and taller than the backflips. I don't know how the backflips work for bashing in grass in regards to temps as I never ran them. I put my trenchers on when I got the truck because I liked them so much on 2 other 1/8th MT's I have.

I do know that running at the grass bmx track I run at, I have to run a 13T pinion as the the esc thermals on me at 11-12 minutes with the 14T. I recently put in a max6 and increased to a 14T, but don't have a lot of wheel time on it yet to know if it will still overheat on me. I hope not as that's why I got the max6.

Trencher 3.8's vs backflips:
2018-0726-ProlineTrencher3.8-ArrmaDBoots.jpg

I don't have mx38's to compare.

Love the Badlands MX38 belted on the Outcast. Loads of grip, the vid is on pavement as a test to see if they have centrifugal control for jumping.
I find the Sweep Racing belted wheels are a blast on pavement, likely due to the very low profile.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back