Proline PowerStroke for 3s/4s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonJarga

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
I recently bought some Proline Powerstroke shocks for the 3s/4s line to upgrade my stock shocks on my Outcast 4s. I wanted to share my experience and thoughts.

The preload in the pictures was set to the minimum just to show how ineffective the yellow stock shock springs are at holding the Outcast 4s's weight. The proper ride height can be obtained by setting the preload to about 75% on both sides. However, this effectively takes the softer dual rate springs out of the equation entirely, as they are completely maxed out.
Front Ride Height.jpg
Rear Ride Height.jpg

I was able to find a Proline spring rate chart and compare it to the stock shocks rate. According to rate chart info comparison I made, the red bottoms with the yellow tops should be equal to the stock spring rate, which was a bit weak for my liking (and most people's from various forums.) I think another interesting point to note is the Proline Powerstroke spring lengths are drastically shorter than the stock shocks. Note the Tekno springs and the stock springs will NOT fit on the Powerstroke shocks as they are too wide. Also the shafts are 3.5mm as opposed to the 4mm stock shafts on the 4s line.

Spring Rate Details.JPG

My opinion is in order to meet the demand for the more popular spring choices, Proline will need to develop an even stiffer (or longer?) spring option. I believe the Proline Powerstroke shocks were developed more towards the 3s line.

PowerStroke 6359-00/01 Review
Drop Test

Thats why I wend with the Typhon 6S shocks. Also bigger shaft 4mm. Prolines are 3.5mm.

So Proline was nice enough to send me the stiffer red springs for both front and back. I installed them yesterday and while much better, they still bottom out from landing higher than <2ft. Am I doing something wrong, or are these springs just WAY to soft?
Review

There is a kit from proline that has 3 different spring rates, for the fronts and the rears....

So Proline was nice enough to send me the stiffer red springs for both front and back. I installed them yesterday and while much better, they still bottom out from landing higher than <2ft. Am I doing something wrong, or are these springs just WAY to soft?
Review
in terms of vehicle suspension springs are for suspension rebound - the shock is the dampener

in terms of vehicle suspension springs are for suspension rebound - the shock is the dampener
I am running 60wt in the front and 50wt in the rear. I felt those weights were a bit high for the way the rig is currently handling. Maybe I need to bump up my shock weight to 80 or so?

I am running 60wt in the front and 50wt in the rear. I felt those weights were a bit high for the way the rig is currently handling. Maybe I need to bump up my shock weight to 80 or so?
If you think 50wt or 60wt is a bit high for the way the rig is handling, why would you want to bump it up to 80wt? Doesn't make any sense to me. Unless I'm missing something.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back