Proline PowerStroke shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
The Proline PowerStroke shocks seem to be a good upgrade option for my Typhon 3 for the type of running I do. Is anyone using these shocks on their 3S? Thoughts? I don’t want to use Typhon 6S shocks, so please don’t tell me to get them.

I don't like plastic shocks - I prefer aluminum on shock bodies and caps. I don't do large jumps, so any shock with a 16mm bore (like the Typhon 6S shocks) would be overkill for me. A bore of 14mm (like on the Prolines) would probably do just fine for my purposes.

I saw those and I'm still considering them. But the bore on the ARRMA alloy shocks is only 11mm vice 14mm for the Prolines, and the caps are still plastic. If I'm going to upgrade I might as well upgrade to something a bit better.

I have a set of the prolines ordered... not sure when I’ll see them, but I figured I’d give it a go..... also bought a couple sets of extra springs kits for em..... already got the springs. Holy smokes are those things big...😳

btw, one benefit of the stock shocks is that they don't really have any caps, the body and the cap is 1 molded piece.
I’ve been looking at these, the Arrma alloys. For a granite. Sounds like they’re a good way to go...?

I understand wanting all aluminum shocks, or at least bodies. They are dimensionally superior, if not stronger. What handling properties are you trying to change by switching to larger bore shocks, though?

I understand wanting all aluminum shocks, or at least bodies. They are dimensionally superior, if not stronger. What handling properties are you trying to change by switching to larger bore shocks, though?
I’m not as interested so much in the increase in bore as I am in the strength and smoothness of aluminum shock bodies. Plus the Prolines have dual rate springs and aluminum caps, something the ARRMA alloy shocks do not have.

Those are very good reasons, especially dual rate springs! I thought you might be going for damper tuning for certain driving or behavior, which is a much deeper subject. Sounds like you are on the right path, at least according to me. 😎

The bigger the shock shaft, the better off you will be on hard or not square landings.... plus the 3s line doesn’t have threaded shock shafts..... so being able to actually remove a broken shock eyelet, and replace it, instead of rebuilding the shocks with a new shaft.....0

I'm certainly impressed by the new Pro-line PowerStroke shocks. The build quality is excellent, and they really improve the looks of my Typhon 3S. I don't do a lot of jumping, so I'm running 45 weight shock oil both front and rear to start off. On a short run in the yard and on the street they worked great, but I'm looking foward to running them harder to see if I need to fine tune them.

Somebody say POWERstroke???
20210428_065100.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back