Granite Proline Road Rage 2.8 on Granite BLX 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
So I ordered a set of the Pro-Line Road Rage 2.8 PRO117218 tires and wheels on eBay to try some street tires on my BLX. They are quite a bit smaller than the stock tires and have way less traction on asphalt. Honestly I’m a bit disappointed in this purchase. The top end speed is gone as well. I do think they look good though. ??‍♂️

In order to mount these 17mm hex wheels I upgraded my hex’s with the Hot Racing ATF117XT02 hubs. These hubs add 10mm of offset, widening the cars stance. This has added a lot of stability when turning, but I’m not sure how much of that is 4 wheel drifting and how much is the wider stance.

I don't really think they look good, not on this truck at least. Maybe on a Rustler 2x4 but not for this beast.

I agree they are too small and not enough grip. Trying to return them. We will see. I have a set of Badlands MX28 on the way. Hope they work out better for me. I’m also toying with buying buggy style wheels and tires for the lower profile tires to reduce ballooning.

I like the road rage tire, ran them on my nitro jatos and t maxx trucks. But they are small and do no look right on the Granite.

Here's a pic of the road rage on one of my old nitro trucks. They really work well for me.
20190523_102143.jpg

I agree they are too small and not enough grip. Trying to return them. We will see. I have a set of Badlands MX28 on the way. Hope they work out better for me. I’m also toying with buying buggy style wheels and tires for the lower profile tires to reduce ballooning.
I use the MX28 Badlands. Great tires. Definitely vent them. And they do balloon.

I use the MX28 Badlands. Great tires. Definitely vent them. And they do balloon.

I just ordered a bunch of o-rings on Amazon and some tire glue. I’m hoping to greatly reduce the ballooning with this method.

So I decided to loosen up the slipper a touch to cut down on wheel spinning and it is much easier to control at high speed on the Road Rages, but it still power slides a lot. Turning under power is useless as it understeers really badly. With the factory tires, the truck would flip in these same circumstances. I want a happy medium.

I received my Pro-Line Bandlands 2.8 set today!!! Had a blast for 2 packs...

Until I did this...

?

They look so much better than the road rage. Guess the extra weight and grip taxed your driveline. Quick fix if you had the parts.

I stole the part from my Mega ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back