Proline shockwaves on arrma backflip wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amross125

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Question is can I order proline shockwaves and mount them on my outcast backflip wheels

Which BF wheels are you talking about???? 4S or 6S wheels. They are different molds.
What rig are you using this on??
Why Shock waves??? They suck for traction. But if you like looking at them while on the shelf, they are pretty to you?:unsure:
Directional tires for bashing suck. IMO. Get BF LP's or the 6S BF's. That's real traction. And PL is not all that if you are looking for more durability. Hope others chime in.
Only my opinion.

Have a kraton 6s looking for a good basher tire have the outcast 6s wheels was trying to find a good tire to put on them blew the backflips off of it max6/4092 occasional 8s recommendations ?
Also have wheels from the big Joe's I could use

Which BF wheels are you talking about???? 4S or 6S wheels. They are different molds.
What rig are you using this on??
Why Shock waves??? They suck for traction. But if you like looking at them while on the shelf, they are pretty to you?:unsure:
Directional tires for bashing suck. IMO. Get BF LP's or the 6S BF's. That's real traction. And PL is not all that if you are looking for more durability. Hope others chime in.
Only my opinion.
I believe you are incorrect on this. The only difference between the 4s and 6s Backflips are the tires, regular vs low profile. Wheel is identical. Many of us have started running the LP'S on our 6s trucks for better all around handling and less ballooning. If the Shockwaves are 3.8's, should be able to mount. Not a tire expert, so can't confirm 100% though.

I believe you are incorrect on this. The only difference between the 4s and 6s Backflips are the tires, regular vs low profile. Wheel is identical. Many of us have started running the LP'S on our 6s trucks for better all around handling and less ballooning. If the Shockwaves are 3.8's, should be able to mount. Not a tire expert, so can't confirm 100% though.
So the BF LPs will mount on my 6s 2018 outcast wheels or also my proline tech 5 wheels?

So the BF LPs will mount on my 6s 2018 outcast wheels or also my proline tech 5 wheels?
Yep all 3.8 tires that fit any other Arrma should work together. I prefer the backflip wheels to the minokawa wheels in the 4S line. I’m not going to swap them out, but if they break again, I may go with the other style.

O yea, balloon on 6s so best tape and glue before you do
1581704564515448870956050538354.jpg

They are extremely good bashing tyres.
PSX_20191006_110448.jpg

I thought although the wheels look identical on the outside, that the hex mounting area was different. Much thicker molding at the hex area for the 6s BF. I know both are 17mm. Thanks much for that info. And for correcting me. I have not been able to find the Bf lp. Been on B/O. I only looked at photos for comparison. I am wrong on this one . All BF wheels alone as a part are one part number. Got it. Sorry for the confusion. And this helps me out.

Last edited:
I thought although the wheels look identical on the outside, that the hex mounting area was different. Much thicker molding at the hex area for the 6s BF. I know both are 17mm. Thanks much for that info. And for correcting me. I have not been able to find the Bf lp. Been on B/O. I only looked at photos for comparison. I am wrong on this one . All BF wheels alone as a part are one part number. Got it. Sorry for the confusion. And this helps me out.
Here is a pic on the BLP inner wheel ??

317DB12E-760A-4658-8EC4-8FC1816380A0.jpeg

Photo of my 3 month old premounted BF 6S:
I see a difference. They each came from a different mold. :unsure: I always knew that the lp wheels can fit both Lp or 6s tires. I just questioned the hub. Strength wise. Using a 4S wheel on a 6S rig.
20200214_161749.jpg

Photo of my 3 month old premounted BF 6S:
I see a difference. They each came from a different mold. :unsure: I always knew that the lp wheels can fit both Lp or 6s tires. I just questioned the hub. Strength wise. Using a 4S wheel on a 6S rig.
View attachment 65329
They are the same. @jondilly1974's photo is of an almost new wheel. After bashing hard with a 6s, those holes around the hub get compressed. This was talked about in a different thread. I'll investigate further to see if there are different part numbers for wheels alone

In the parts x ref. I see just one number for the wheel. AR510113. I see a visual diff. So the mold is differnt. Insignificant pehaps. Maybe there was a mold revision. BF lp crosses over a cording to the chart.
20200214_174522.jpg

Btw, there are a few inaccuracies on the x ref. Sheet.

If you resize the 6S image down to match the 4S, the 4S ribbing actually looks thicker... could use a better photo for the 6S... or I could get off my lazy butt and take a photo of the ones I took off out outcast 6S when I got it.
LP Left, Standard Right:
2020-0214-Arrma-LPLeft-StandardRight.jpg

I used to use clay on mine to balance too, but started using lead golf tape and box car weights. Doesn't change over time due to drying out and isn't affected by water getting on it.

Box car weight for bulk:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4N9BBZ

Lead tape to finalize:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CJL2M4

20 years in the hobby and never really had an issue until the past couple of years. Didn't have to care much until I started running 4s/6s electric... lol! And wow! Traxxas premounted tires are awful for balancing!

Last edited:
Well that Arrma parts list has some flaws in it. Here it shows the BLP as the standard tire for the OC6S and optional for the K6S

Untitled.png

That said, I can't find a solo part number for the OC6S wheels. I can only find the tire and wheel combo.

I've been balancing for at least 20 years. Lead tape is better. But clay is more precise to balance. Not critical with 1/8. Imo. DURATRAX x cons are almost perfect balance out the gate by comparison to any monster truck tires. I always break-in the tires for at least one pack before I balance them. The foams need to spread out and settle first.
I have more.pics.of th BF 6s wheel. Seems like the hubs are somewhat different. That's not by accident.
20200214_202916.jpg
20200214_202808.jpg
20200214_202716.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back