Proline shockwaves on arrma backflip wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a number on my Backflip LPs tonight and split a sidewall some. Bummed me out big time because I know they're not around mounted and I am not looking forward to mounting my own. Never done it and don't like messing with ca glue.
Otherwise, the first tires I saw from ProLine were the Shockwave and while I never picked any up, they really do look cool as hell. For bashing, I'm into aesthetics and plain fun. If the traction isn't as good as it could be I can work around it as long as I look cool doing it. I don't race or compete so I find it hard to split hairs. Go fast, jump some, break stuff, look cool, laugh a lot, ??.

If you like PL's, I would only recommend the standard 3.8 Badlands. Serve me well as a MT tire.
@crimsonfancy, few if any race these Arrmas. They cannot be raced successfully. And none of us compete. This does not negate the fact that having the best traction is important. If I don't have the traction I need, then I start hitting everything. Like driving on bald tires in the rain.
Maybe Shockwaves look great on the shelf. When bashing who are we showing our tires off to? I want the best traction, optimal rotating weight and mass for 6S power. Directional treads don't cut it for me. Each his own. Many like the looks of direct. tires. When you start spending $500. and more on a tire collection, comparisons become more apparent. If you don't like using or touching CA in general, you wont be able to maintain your tires. That's why they are exploding sooner than they should. The best tires and wheels are the ones that I glue myself. All the premounted and glued wheels/tires cant hold a candle to personally mounted and glued ones.

IMG_20200301_121655.jpg

They are real nice looking. For sure.
Brilliant for bashing as well, had them out up the wood's on Sunday not as much grip as backflips but enough to get round and have fun.

Today I picked up a set of SRC Belted Terrain Crushers direct from the US distributor close by me. They have a sale right now. $49./pair. 1/2" offset. The owner I spoke with turned out to be the Owner of a track I started racing at many years ago. Talk about coincidence. We spoke for so long. Nice guy. We didn't recognize each other. Too many years passed to recall the face. We were kids back then.
The tires are very nice. Softer than I thought. Grippy. Going to check the balance on them. Maybe go for a midnight rip on the street.
20200305_235558.jpg
20200305_235039.jpg
20200305_235250.jpg
20200305_235210.jpg

They show as B/O with the low sale price and will take orders as the make them and ship. But they were making them in their facility as we spoke They are built/glued here in the US for what its worth. The cheapest belted tire I've seen around. I don't see them as a dedicated dirt tire. More all around street and rough stuff. He said they were busy. Mostly with No Prep drag wheels in demand right now. GT8 Class wheels for my Limitless were sweet too. The owner is big into No prep drag right now. Beast Mode of Long Island.
https://www.sweepracingusa.com/Mons...reglued-on-WHD-Black-wheel-2pc-set_p_797.html

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back