Fireteam Proline Street Fighter 3.8 Belted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Sup dudes, I was considering making my fireteam into a street truck, temporarily anyways. I was looking at the proline street fighter 3.8 Belted and just wondering if anyone has any opinions on them? Hardly any videos or forum posts about them.

No experience,but for what they cost ya could go with 1/5 grps that I know are kickass..
yeah I was considering those as well but I did like the idea of the beefy look of the street fighters for the Fireteam. But being able to get 2 sets of the grp for the price of these is obviously very tempting.

Do they make any that don't look hilariously small on an 1/8th?

Yeah the 3.8s are the big ones for the big trucks. Meant for kratons and such
I was referring to the GRPs. I have seen some on Kratons and Talions and they look silly.
1650648555003.png

I was referring to the GRPs. I have seen some on Kratons and Talions and they look silly.
View attachment 213351
They make 1/5th ones. That's what @K-BASH Was talking about but they aren't huge like 1/5th wheels so idk how they would look on a kraton but they are for sure larger than the 1/8th

They are 118mm...here's jd kraton with the 1/5 grps..
They are much bigger than 1/8 an jd ran 132mph with them on mojave..I got a set on a typhon..need mmx8s,xlx,xlx2 ,max5 to run them...nothing else can handle them..
They are much bigger than 1/8 an jd ran 132mph with them on mojave..I got a set on a typhon..need mmx8s,xlx,xlx2 ,max5 to run them...nothing else can handle them..
Only problem is ya need to buy square adapters to make them work.like 50$ fromjustbashit

Attachments

• 20220422_150228.jpg
    20220422_150228.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220422_150256.jpg
    20220422_150256.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220422_150245.jpg
    20220422_150245.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20211009_072550.jpg
    20211009_072550.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210710_115656.jpg
    20210710_115656.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210815_100701.jpg
    20210815_100701.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210606_082438.jpg
    20210606_082438.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
They are 118mm...here's jd kraton with the 1/5 grps..
Only problem is ya need to buy square adapters to make them work.like 50$ fromjustbashit
Oh yeah those are quite a bit larger. Maybe I will snag those. Thank you for those pictures buddy🤘🏼🤘🏼

You could also try the 1/5 GRP F1 tires also. They're actually beefier than the regular 1/5 GRP. The rim is smaller or maybe about the same but they have more rubber. The rears are wider than the fronts but the diameter is the same so you don't have to worry about gearing (unlike the Felony). I have them on a Talion and so far they're pretty good but I haven't really pushed them hard yet. They might still seem a little small on a Fireteam because its so tall...you might want an even larger diameter for that. Something like a Sweeps Crusher might be better. The 1/5 F1 GRP is almost the same diameter as the Sweeps but its lighter and doesn't look as large because of the smaller rim size. They're kinda hard to find right now...I think GRP may be updating them like the new 1/8th that recently came out.

You could give Jetko tires a look too. I've been hearing good things about them as well.

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

Oh yeah those are quite a bit larger. Maybe I will snag those. Thank you for those pictures buddy🤘🏼🤘🏼
If you get them get the softest compound available,I got some p3 ones an they are hard an slide around too much..designed for 20ish lb 1/5.

You could also try the 1/5 GRP F1 tires also. They're actually beefier than the regular 1/5 GRP. The rim is smaller or maybe about the same but they have more rubber. The rears are wider than the fronts but the diameter is the same so you don't have to worry about gearing (unlike the Felony). I have them on a Talion and so far they're pretty good but I haven't really pushed them hard yet. They might still seem a little small on a Fireteam because its so tall...you might want an even larger diameter for that. Something like a Sweeps Crusher might be better. The 1/5 F1 GRP is almost the same diameter as the Sweeps but its lighter and doesn't look as large because of the smaller rim size. They're kinda hard to find right now...I think GRP may be updating them like the new 1/8th that recently came out.

You could give Jetko tires a look too. I've been hearing good things about them as well.

View attachment 213383

View attachment 213384

View attachment 213385
Those look awesome! where did you buy them? have a link? Do they use same adapter as the other tires? I assume so lol. Damn I wonder how heavy they are You got me excited saying they're lighter than road crushers. I assume the price is similar to the regular 1/5 grps.
If you get them get the softest compound available,I got some p3 ones an they are hard an slide around too much..designed for 20ish lb 1/5.
Bro you aint never lied, I really wish I would have got some softer 1/5 grps. The ones on my mojave feel like I'm ice skating, it's kind of fun though but yea I had to add those 12v fans to keep up with the motor temps after adding them. They're actually hilarious, when I hit the throttle from a dead stop it takes a couple seconds before I even go anywhere because the tires spinning so much :eek::ROFLMAO:

Those look awesome! where did you buy them? have a link? Do they use same adapter as the other tires? I assume so lol. Damn I wonder how heavy they are You got me excited saying they're lighter than road crushers. I assume the price is similar to the regular 1/5 grps.

Bro you aint never lied, I really wish I would have got some softer 1/5 grps. The ones on my mojave feel like I'm ice skating, it's kind of fun though but yea I had to add those 12v fans to keep up with the motor temps after adding them. They're actually hilarious, when I hit the throttle from a dead stop it takes a couple seconds before I even go anywhere because the tires spinning so much :eek::ROFLMAO:

https://nitrohobbies.com/ is the site. They have an EBay listing for them too. Do a search on Ebay for 1/5th GRP F1. I got the Rains cause they're soft but they come in SLICKS too. And they use the same adapters as the regular 1/5 GRP. The hole is small and I had to drill it out to make it larger otherwise they are tough to pull off after you tighten them down.

View attachment 213383

View attachment 213384

View attachment 213385
That is quite the beast you have there dude! That thing is awesome.

https://nitrohobbies.com/ is the site. They have an EBay listing for them too. Do a search on Ebay for 1/5th GRP F1. I got the Rains cause they're soft but they come in SLICKS too. And they use the same adapters as the regular 1/5 GRP. The hole is small and I had to drill it out to make it larger otherwise they are tough to pull off after you tighten them down.
Do you think the rains are good even for regular street use? btw, thank you!

Just ordered the street fighters! Couldn't stop thinking about them and how they will probably look amazing on Fireteam. I have an 8s system in it but currently setup for 6s. We will see if I want the 8s power or not...... Probably will

Do you think the rains are good even for regular street use? btw, thank you!
I'm liking them. I like the tread pattern. Had it out this morning doing some test hits and they hooked up good (no rain). Might try the extra soft compound in these too but those have little to no tread (basically a slick). They do take a little longer to warm up though I guess cause of the extra rubber. My suspension was a little off in the front so any slipping I did was because of that. You have to have your suspension dialed in pretty good cause any imbalance or bias to one side or another is going to effect how they handle. I was good in the rear and I could tell the difference cause I wasn't tail spinning (the rears are a little wider than the fronts..might wanna consider using the rears on all 4s if you buy them). My turning was excellent. I could change directions and do 180s with slight wheel turns and throttle taps. Got it up to 66 in a very small area with not even half throttle. Need more room to stretch it out and really push them.

Last edited:
Sup dudes, I was considering making my fireteam into a street truck, temporarily anyways. I was looking at the proline street fighter 3.8 Belted and just wondering if anyone has any opinions on them? Hardly any videos or forum posts about them.
Here are my Street Fighters, very happy with them. Very stable at high speed, and no balooning.

Screenshot_20220424-062523_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220424-062711_Gallery.jpg

That is quite the beast you have there dude! That thing is awesome.
Thanks...its a work in progress. I kinda use it to test out things I may use on other cars like a speed runner or drag car. Right now I'm experimenting with a high KV long can TP (4070CM 2400KV) to see how hot it gets on 6S after some light bashing. I'm also playing around with suspension setups and of course tires. The build is a little heavy with the metal arms up front but that's another aspect I wanted to try out. So far so good...next I might swap in a Cordova motor to see how they work cause I hear good things about them. The TP has been good so far with 2 fans on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back