Proline tires and gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aceinthesky

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hello everyone bought my first Arrma and this is my first post.

I have a couple of questions.

First will the xmaxx proline badlands fit on the kraton, I saw a vid on YouTube with a guy using them.

Also I geared up to 23 tooth, and still feel like It needs more speed. Do you guys think it can handle full timing and punch in short grass racing? Racing against xmaxx’s So it needs more speed, the corners are no contest just straight line.

Thanks

Attachments

• E114C986-1218-4ABF-9711-F50146F596D9.jpeg
    E114C986-1218-4ABF-9711-F50146F596D9.jpeg
    680.9 KB · Views: 76
Welcome. Did you use the app to disable the AVC? What punch level are you on? It has been said going above 15 degrees of timing will damage the motor. @bicketybam or @RC DUDE81 can help more.

Welcome to AF!
Watch your gearing and timing. They have an inverse relationship. You have to drop one or the other to make it work properly or you will fry all. Tall gears and high timing spell disaster.

Welcome and enjoy the KoK? (King of Kratons you sickos).
I can't imagine changing the advance timing will make that much of a difference unless you're racing pretty dang long distances with really good batteries.
Just make the xmaxx drivers do something that isn't so boring. If you're only ever running the k8s on short grass straights you're missing out on like all it's best parts.

We race an oval for 2 laps with a ramp at the end.

I switched out the controller for a futaba 3pv, couldn’t stand the plastic wheel on spectrum, so that should take care of avc.

Well I figured out you can use xmaxx proline wheels, u just need to drill out hole in the wheel a little bigger and will fit right in.

Also I was trying to program the esc throught the set button and tones and I found that I’m only getting 8 options of the 9. Anyone encounter this??? Don’t know if if changing punch of timing since I can’t get 9 beeps.

We race an oval for 2 laps with a ramp at the end.

I switched out the controller for a futaba 3pv, couldn’t stand the plastic wheel on spectrum, so that should take care of avc.

Well I figured out you can use xmaxx proline wheels, u just need to drill out hole in the wheel a little bigger and will fit right in.

Also I was trying to program the esc throught the set button and tones and I found that I’m only getting 8 options of the 9. Anyone encounter this??? Don’t know if if changing punch of timing since I can’t get 9 beeps.

Why you wanna change wheels btw I really like the stock ones.

Which setting are you trying to change? I thought there were only 8 variables not 9. My manual I think had; running mode, motor direction, lvc, bec, brake, reverse, punch, timing.

I swapped back to my futaba rx as well so I could use my 4pv. The AVC definitely works really well I don't wanna rag on it, but it sucks a tad of power and it screws things up in the air pretty badly.

The kraton dominated

Attachments

• ED8D8863-8978-4A52-AE94-4BA08A8316C5.jpeg
    ED8D8863-8978-4A52-AE94-4BA08A8316C5.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 56
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back