Kraton Proline Trencher HP belted 3.8 on EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan207265_RC

Reaction score
So has anybody try this before and how they handle or if the motor heat up up when running this? There for my Kraton EXB…any suggestions..thanx..🙏🏼

467DAC2E-78E2-4D0E-B6D4-BB1BE09BA88A.png

So has anybody try this before and how they handle or if the motor heat up up when running this? There for my Kraton EXB…any suggestions..thanx..🙏🏼

View attachment 246662
I tried the belted trenchers 2.8 on my Typhon 6s truggified. TBH, traction wasn't the best with them. I know it's a much smaller tire, but the belted part with that thread pattern wasn't the best.

I tried the belted trenchers 2.8 on my Typhon 6s truggified. TBH, traction wasn't the best with them. I know it's a much smaller tire, but the belted part with that thread pattern wasn't the best.
Ditto, I came away pretty unimpressed. I sold the belted trenchers after one bash. Mos def not worth re-gearing, not worth it for the money IMO, but I know a lot of people love them. I’ll take the ProLine Badlands MX43’s all day every day and twice on Sunday.

Ditto, I came away pretty unimpressed. I sold the belted trenchers after one bash. Mos def not worth re-gearing, not worth it for the money IMO, but I know a lot of people love them. I’ll take the ProLine Badlands MX43’s all day every day and twice on Sunday.
Now my giant Pro-Line trenchers 4.3 on my 8s trucks are not belted, and they are the most durable and good tires I've ever had (the most expensive too), so I like those better than the 4.3 badlands for bashing and flipping in the air. But that is another conversation. So yeah, if it was me, I wouldn't get the belted trenchers at any size. OP, I think that the 4s Arrma tires would be a better buy from what I've seen. Way more affordable too. I do have the smaller 3.8 badlands belted on my 4S Maxx, and they are great, but they are expensive (over $50 for a pair), compared to the $40 ish 4s backflips. Just an idea. Ask around. But I know that some people use the 4s backflips on their 6s rigs and they love them 👍

Same. I tried a pair of belted trenchers. Street use they are great. Dirt/grass - traction is not impressive at all. I sold them after a few runs. Depends on how and where you like to drive.

I tried the 2.8" Pro-Line Trencher HP belted tires on my Typhon 3s to make it look more like a truggy. The belted Trenchers were too heavy, which caused high temps on the motor and the ESC. I upgraded both the motor and ESC and re-geared to get lower temps, which helped with the heat issue, but the grip on dirt was not what I expected. After a short period of experimentation with the Trenchers I put on unbelted Duratrax Lockup buggy tires, and I'm happy with the result.

I tried the 2.8" Pro-Line Trencher HP belted tires on my Typhon 3s to make it look more like a truggy. The belted Trenchers were too heavy, which caused high temps on the motor and the ESC. I upgraded both the motor and ESC and re-geared to get lower temps, which helped with the heat issue, but the grip on dirt was not what I expected. After a short period of experimentation with the Trenchers I put on unbelted Duratrax Lockup buggy tires, and I'm happy with the result.
I’ve also used the Duratrax Lockups with good results on 4wd cars. I’ve found they’re horrible on 2wd SCT’s. FWIW…

I ran em on my Redcat BO XTE and they weren't bad. The Redcat is currently busted, so haven't decided who to try the tires on next.

I won't try them, because many others stated Poor Traction in the dirt and grass, (unless you like all that wheel slipping and drifting) are Quite Heavy and real $expensive$. Seems the tread design is far from best. And the Belted design makes them rather stiff, non conforming to off road terrain.
3 strikes and your out. I bet many buy them because they just "Look nice". What works for them at least, initially.
I am a tire monger and try many tires out there. However, I have personally passed on these one's.
These tires would add much load to the drivetrain. :unsure: Heat and more breakage will result as many state.
Probably best for the pavement and speedrunning your MT if anything. Not for any Big air bashing??
Just me. :giggle:

Last edited:
I tried the 2.8 Belted Trenchers on a TLR Typhon and a Talion but had to retire them. Off road was not good at all especially if there was any grass around. Even got the aluminum hex to prevent stripping but all it did was add more weight. They didn't even hook up on asphalt that good and I had to bow out of a race challenge because if it. I wasn't impressed especially considering they're more expensive than other comparable tires. Duratrax makes a similar size (Lockup, Hatchet..both belted) that perfom better but don't last long on any surface. They're difficult to get on and off due the wheel offset and the shallow opening for the wheel hex. I thought about the 3.8s for my Talion but after seeing the weight I said HELL NO...I like to be geared up as much as possible and with tires that heavy its impossible.

As an alternative I'd look at the PowerHobby Raptor/Defender. Both are belted and they weigh less than the ProLine even though they're about the same size in both the 2.8 and 3.8. The rubber is softer and they hook up on EVERYTHING...dirt, grass, mud, paved street/asphalt and concrete. They don't balloon at all. Stop on a dime too. I even put the belted buggy version on my Senton 6S and they've been amazing. Unfortunately they're getting more popular and are now sold out at PowerHobby but you can probably get a set on EBay or Amazon.

https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-raptor-3.8-tires.html
https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-defender-3.8-1/8-scale-tires.html
https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-raptor-buggy-tries-white-wheels.html

I tried the 2.8 Belted Trenchers on a TLR Typhon and a Talion but had to retire them. Off road was not good at all especially if there was any grass around. Even got the aluminum hex to prevent stripping but all it did was add more weight. They didn't even hook up on asphalt that good and I had to bow out of a race challenge because if it. I wasn't impressed especially considering they're more expensive than other comparable tires. Duratrax makes a similar size (Lockup, Hatchet..both belted) that perfom better but don't last long on any surface. They're difficult to get on and off due the wheel offset and the shallow opening for the wheel hex. I thought about the 3.8s for my Talion but after seeing the weight I said HELL NO...I like to be geared up as much as possible and with tires that heavy its impossible.

As an alternative I'd look at the PowerHobby Raptor/Defender. Both are belted and they weigh less than the ProLine even though they're about the same size in both the 2.8 and 3.8. The rubber is softer and they hook up on EVERYTHING...dirt, grass, mud, paved street/asphalt and concrete. They don't balloon at all. Stop on a dime too. I even put the belted buggy version on my Senton 6S and they've been amazing. Unfortunately they're getting more popular and are now sold out at PowerHobby but you can probably get a set on EBay or Amazon.

I have some 2.8 powerhobby tires. Those are better than the 2.8 trenchers indeed. Belted also. And true, the rubber is a bit softer. I forgot about those 👍

I'm going to get a pair of those and try them out. always looking for new shoes! I’m running the proline badlands belted on my sons EXB and I do like them better then the trenchers no where close to as heavy! I’m building a “parts” EXB and I’m going to run the badlands as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back