Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Proline trencher

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by joe kidd, Aug 19, 2015.

1. joe kidd

joe kidd Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    Ok so i spun out hex on wheel hub and wheel "got aluminum wheel hub on way" but what I'm thinking that i might use a two part apoxy to glue one of the plastic hex in the wheel as a spare in a pinch. Is this good idea or is b there something stronger i could glue it with?

2. Aflan

Aflan Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Mojave
    I am not sure if I would do that..."Glueing" something together always makes them "thicker"...And In this case, I think, you don't want that...:rolleyes:
    On the other hand, if I would glue it together...I would most likely use epoxy...:)
    Or something we call "keertak" (couldn't find an English word for it)...But it is a type of glue which kind of "solders" plastics and similar stuff together...Highly chemical shit...Not to be used in small confined places (oooh, pretty colors all around me o_O)...

Anyway, just my two cents on the subject of glueing things together...And if somebody got an English word for it...Please tell...

Update: No it isn't two components glue...

Erik
    aka Aflan

#2 Aflan, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    joe kidd likes this.
  3. Unusual RC

Unusual RC Moderator
    Staff Member Supporting Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Mojave
    The thing is when you glue in a plastic hex inside the wheel, still the metal pin driving the hex is the strongest point. It will shred the internals of the hex eventually.

I even have seen Louise rims where the wheel spokes just ripped of by the sheer force of brushless 4-pole power!

So, yes you could to be able to still use the wheel. But it is a hassle to get the pin right each time.
    What I did (been there as well) is move this wheel to the front, where it is no issue.

Operator7G, joe kidd and Aflan like this.
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer