ProModeler Servo: Big bang for the buck and made in the USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have been eyeballing this servo, it will be my next servo purchase. Their 6s batteries have my attention also.

The stock servo in my Notorious gave up the ghost quick after purchase, I installed a Savox 1210, Hot Racing mount & arm that has worked well. Although, with the Savox I hit LVC sooner than I did with the stock servo. Arrma was off the charts returning and sending me a new one, incredibly awesome customer service. The replacement didn't last long in my Wraith either, thought it would but it didn't.

I noticed that parts for their servos are available. I'm going to order one or two just to have them available when the stock servo goes bad.....

ahh the good old external bec needed trick! lol
Since I still run nitro with 6V packs, I try to have a spare servo or two on hand that work for all my trucks. So, something with 250oz or more, .15 sec or less, waterproof and 6V. Also, buying a "cheap" good servo, then spending time, money, effort on making it perform better ends up not being so cheap. So, $50 for the servo, then $15+ for a BEC, then figuring out how to make it waterproof, wireing it in and dealing with the extra wiring... just easier to get something that works well on 6V.

Cool, let us know how it works.

I looked at that one, it has decent torque but it's slower than stock on 6.0v. I'm wondering if that makes any real difference . . . I don't have any experience outside of the stock servo yet.

Just to compare (waterproof) servo performance and cost at the stock Arrma 6.0v output:

Stock Arrma ADS-15M (cost about $17 from JRC)
Torque: 195oz-in
Speed: 0.16 sec

Savox SW-1210SG (cost $82)
Torque: 277oz-in
Speed: 0.15 sec

ProModeler DS305CLHV (cost $70)
Torque: 235oz-in
Speed: 0.104 sec

ProModeler DS345BLHV (cost $100)
Torque: 275oz-in
Speed: 0.073 sec

ProModeler DS360DLHV (cost $50)
Torque: 290oz-in
Speed: 0.18 sec

ProModeler DS470BLHV (cost $100)
Torque: 355oz-in
Speed: 0.143 sec

You could be the only one.
Traxxas has a horrible reputation for almost all of their products quality and durability, plus there are a lot better options out there at the $150 price point that don't still use cheap plastic cases.

You could be the only one.
Traxxas has a horrible reputation for almost all of their products quality and durability, plus there are a lot better options out there at the $150 price point that don't still use cheap plastic cases.

Oh I know all too well how horrible there bullshit quality there crap is, There 6s ESC cooked my motor and esc in 1 go... ditched that pos and came over to the better side :D

Sadly I had bought the Servo to put in my revo but well that pos is long gone and now I had an extra servo to use lol

Great feedback guys....so how fast of a servo is really needed for bashing or club racing? I look for durability in a servo first, then materials and of course the specs. How many times have you had a overseas servo crap out on you?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back