ProModeler Servo: Big bang for the buck and made in the USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm bout the only one running the damn 150$ Traxxas 400oz of torqe @6.v lol and what something like .15sec

I really want to get one of these servos for my TRX-4. Traxxas wants u to use their BEC with this servo on vehicles under 6s. With the BEC and servo its like $200. Is it worth that much for the killer warranty? Or should I just get a protek 170tbl and a castle BEC for like $40 less. Also I know u had this servo in your e-revo 2.0. Was it better than the dual servo setup? I've had Traxxas warranty electronics that are 2 years old, that's why I have interest in this servo. And the TRX-4 and E-Revo 2.0 are both servo killers.

I really want to get one of these servos for my TRX-4. Traxxas wants u to use their BEC with this servo on vehicles under 6s. With the BEC and servo its like $200. Is it worth that much for the killer warranty? Or should I just get a protek 170tbl and a castle BEC for like $40 less. Also I know u had this servo in your e-revo 2.0. Was it better than the dual servo setup? I've had Traxxas warranty electronics that are 2 years old, that's why I have interest in this servo. And the TRX-4 and E-Revo 2.0 are both servo killers.

I ran it in my Revo 2.0 and currently running it in my arrma with no external bec. I don't know poop bout the trx-4 or why they demand u run it with an external bec, but no this servo is nothing special and you can get others cheaper with better specs. I just got it cuz I wanted to keep all traxxas parts in a traxxas car cuz tsm gets wonky when u start replacing servos with off brands when it comes to traxxas..

I'd make a thread here and ask for an opinion on the better servo to buy and never ever give your money to traxxas again lol

Was it better.. I dunno felt the same to me honestly I saw no difference.

I ran it in my Revo 2.0 and currently running it in my arrma with no external bec. I don't know poop bout the trx-4 or why they demand u run it with an external bec, but no this servo is nothing special and you can get others cheaper with better specs. I just got it cuz I wanted to keep all traxxas parts in a traxxas car cuz tsm gets wonky when u start replacing servos with off brands when it comes to traxxas..

I'd make a thread here and ask for an opinion on the better servo to buy and never ever give your money to traxxas again lol

Was it better.. I dunno felt the same to me honestly I saw no difference.

Thanks man. I know u and a lot of people have bad taste for traxxas stuff, but I have many traxxas rigs and for the most part they hold up well. I have had servo problems and esc problems but they always warranty the part. Anything that doesn't hold up I usually would want to upgrade anyway. With a few mods out the box, my E-Revo 2.0 seems very durable. I have not broke a rod or shock end yet. And I know u and others have horrible experiences with it. Anyway I just wanted some real world feedback on that servo. TRX-4 is a beast of a crawler, and I highly recommend u check it out.

Thanks man. I know u and a lot of people have bad taste for traxxas stuff, but I have many traxxas rigs and for the most part they hold up well. I have had servo problems and esc problems but they always warranty the part. Anything that doesn't hold up I usually would want to upgrade anyway. With a few mods out the box, my E-Revo 2.0 seems very durable. I have not broke a rod or shock end yet. And I know u and others have horrible experiences with it. Anyway I just wanted some real world feedback on that servo. TRX-4 is a beast of a crawler, and I highly recommend u check it out.

My biggest gripe with traxxas is 2 things, There plastic parts are extremely weak when you run heavier tires then stock, It just stresses your whole suspension and the booklets NEVER MAKE MENTION OF THAT! Something a new RC car driver would never realize till you broke 33 axel stubs and finally realize lol..

And 2, There screws are either missing from factory or just fall out, I had one on the sealed diff fall right out and it completely shredded my rear diff.. I had the main driveshaft grub fallout and blew my 1/2 shaft up.

they have poop QC and expect you you to tear the car apart when you first get it to find any manufactors defects.. cmon.. please..

Sure there good at warrenty parts that break but that just says there poop breaks a lot and they know it so there quick to replace it to keep people happy.

I've had my arrmas a week or 2 now, bash them even harder then I did traxxas and nothings broke, the worst that happened I had a turnbuckle pop off.

I will say my slash is near unbreakable but that's only because 9/10 times the body or bumpers take the brute force of most impacts..

If you have good luck with traxxas count your blessings lol

Any updates on your new PowerHD DW-25LV servo?
I know it's a slightly older thread, but I wanted to chime in with some feedback on the PowerHD. I've run their servos in a few rigs and currently have the DW-25LV in my 6s Typhon.
I know it's not a Kraton with huge wheels, but that servo is a beast. I bash my Typhon off road mostly: wet grass, puddles, mud, dirt, gravel, etc. The 25LV is very fast at the stock voltage and has plenty of torque left over for that application. I'm actually getting ready to order another one for the Kraton I'm building. I originally purchased a Savox 2292 that has been waterproofed, but I think that's overkill, so I'll be repurposing it for my Xmaxx.
Every other Power HD servo I have: 23kg and 25kg are all still fully functional in 3s Traxxas rigs and have been beat to hell. Before you say anything, the only reason those rigs are still alive and well is because they've all been built/upgraded from the ground up lol.

Any specific questions you have, feel free to ask. I can strongly recommend the and have yet to be disappointed.

Old thread, I know but was just looking at the user reviews in the OP's link. In the last review someones servo went faulty after 15 hours of driving time (It happens... ) but he was refused a replacement, accused of over working it and told it was for light use only. So not an accurate product description and hardly great customer service... :/

You might pay double for a Savox but at least you know it will be covered under warranty and replaced should it go faulty.

I been beating the daylights out of their DS470 servo over the last 9 months and for $100 there’s nothing on the market that can compete with them.

I highly recommended them. Buy once and be done.

93FE43B0-9E85-4789-9650-614726E95FF1.jpeg

02169DE7-2501-4D74-9A90-EE9D607510E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back