Typhon Pros and Cons of Truggified Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvulakh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Question: just purchased a second hand Typhon 6s v5 and was considering Truggifing, Kraton hubs bigger wheels etc. By increasing ground clearance and widening the stance, how much maneuverability am I losing? I have a Talion also, will it drive similar to that or will it keep its“shiftiness”? Not trying to launch the car off a ramp 20ft in the air, Talion is for that, thank you for your help.

I truggified my Typhon 3s. The main reason for me doing that was for better stability on fast turns. I didn't lose maneuverability, it actually improved: I can negotiate fast turns more easily without the Typhoon flipping over. The only downside is that the Pro-Line 2.8 HP belted Trenchers I use are a bit heavy, so the motor temps were a bit higher. I replaced the stock motor with a Surpass 3670/2850 motor for more torque, and the temps went down considerably.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Can someone recommend Truggy bodies that would fit onto the chassis? I want to build like a real Truggy out of this if possible. don't know if 8th scale bodies would fit or if i should take 10th scale

Can someone recommend Truggy bodies that would fit onto the chassis? I want to build like a real Truggy out of this if possible. don't know if 8th scale bodies would fit or if i should take 10th scale
What I have heard and read online is 1/10 truck bodies are what people are using.

Question: just purchased a second hand Typhon 6s v5 and was considering Truggifing, Kraton hubs bigger wheels etc. By increasing ground clearance and widening the stance, how much maneuverability am I losing? I have a Talion also, will it drive similar to that or will it keep its“shiftiness”? Not trying to launch the car off a ramp 20ft in the air, Talion is for that, thank you for your help.
Whether you choose to use larger tires or not, widening the stance with the Kraton hubs and hexes helps to improve lateral stability. This might not be a benefit on a narrow track, but it definitely helps if you're ripping around in wider open areas.

It's hard finding bodies that fit a truggified Typhon. Or even the Big Rock Crew Cab for that matter.
1/10 truck bodies are too short.
1/8 truck bodies are too wide.
Some of the Slash bodies will work with a bit of trimming.
The roll cage off the Losi DB Pro will work but you have to make custom mounts to mount it.

I'll provide an alternate view. I truggified my typhon 3S and it got old quickly. The typhon is fun because it's smaller and nimble, but those benefits disappear with big, heavy tires. I learned that I prefer to have a separate buggy and monster truck, rather than trying to make one car do both.

Hello, I would also like to buy a Typhon 6s v5 and make a Truggyfied conversion, but compared to you I still own a completely M2C converted KRATON 6S EXB, so with the Typhon then something lighter and more compact, which can move on the same terrain (mix of offroad and street) but just more nimble and snappier than with the Kraton!
Everything I have seen so far in videos etc. about this conversion is the loss of agility or manoeuvrability is not given on the contrary the stability..., the rideability especially with the mostly used ProLine Badlands 2.8 Belted should probably work more than well!

Cons: it looks stupid.

Unless you think this is cool... 🙂

Porsche-Cayenne-Pickup-8226-default-large.jpeg

here's my truggified Typhon. It started as V5 I bought used and some wheels and a Traxxas Slash Baja Body I had sitting on the shelf for a while. I truly love the car: it is straight line faster than my other Typhon, it really handles well off-road (not as well as my Kraton EXB but more than good enough) and it wheelies and backflips as well as my Outcast. But I get more breakages than with the standard Typhon due to the bigger wheels and hence more force being pushed to the Chassis. Overall it is great fun especially when building it.

Truggified3.jpg

Truggified2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back