Mojave Pros and cons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK just out of curiosity what's everyone's take on the mojave running on 4s?
The original motor is ok when you have a clean place to run.
Since i usually run mine on the beach, it collects a lot of sand, which makes the Mojave heavy and raises the chances to blow motors. I solved that with a Dusty Motors shroud. Some prefer the inner fenders from Scorched, but i think their a hassle and add weight. And the Mojave still collects sticky sand in the wheels.
Since i mounted an MMX8S, paired with a Hobbywing 4985 motor, it is strong enough to not overheat, even when the wheels are full of sand. And this setup is stupid fast on 6S, doing almost 60mph. That's just ridiculous in rough terrain, where the Mojave is at it's best. I run it almost exclusively on 4S now, with a 22t pinion.

Buy him one to. Looks like he's into it by your avatar!
He is into it BIG time!!! Watch his videos on YouTube.... My nickname for his son is "backflip"
Last time I bought a new RC, he's like "daddy, why you buy another RC? You have too many already". He said that right in front of my wife. Yeah, it wasn't a good day for me.
Nooooooooo!!!

I know right and I haven't even gotten one
About running on 4s..... I've never tried..... Until I got my K8 all I had was 3S batts.... Am fully used to Mojave on 6S....

Any reason why you would? You wouldn't hurt anything in doing so.... But..... 🤷

About running on 4s..... I've never tried..... Until I got my K8 all I had was 3S batts.... Am fully used to Mojave on 6S....

Any reason why you would? You wouldn't hurt anything in doing so.... But..... 🤷
We are just getting into this and we only have 2s batts

We are just getting into this and we only have 2s batts
Not a problem..... Good reason....

If you want to get 3S in the future.... There are MANY suggestions on this forum .... Can usually get decent batteries for decent price. Avoid the cheapest.... No need to get ultra high $$$$$$ ones either, imo

They will last longer for longer run times...

Not a problem..... Good reason....

If you want to get 3S in the future.... There are MANY suggestions on this forum .... Can usually get decent batteries for decent price. Avoid the cheapest.... No need to get ultra high $$$$$$ ones either, imo

They will last longer for longer run times...
Our 2s are zeee 6100mah 60C I was looking into zeees 3s earlier today

Running a 6s truck on 4s is like using half your pecker to screw with. You might think you won’t need it but you damn sure better take it with you. Buy 6s capable batteries immediately! Just my opinion lol 😂
That seems like the most fun, until you realise that it is the quickest way to ruin your rig. Both mechanically as accidentally. But if your wallet permits, go for it.

Yes, Definitely buy Pre-Owned LOCALLY that way you can physically inspect & test drive! ,BEFORE handy over your money.

Pro-
Mojaves are basically little tanks. Very well protected all around. Tough to kill.

Con-
Their only negative is the body... They act like a Dyson ,sucks up ALL Debris and use the interior chassis like a vacuum bag.
So true lol use mine to pick up leaves in the yard lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back