Mojave Pros and cons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcfun2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Was thinking about upgrading my senton 6s with the mojave suspension and checking the price of doing that, and turns out it's not too far off of buying a used mojave. What can you all day about the mojaves pros and cons?

My last 2 Mojave/fireteam builds have been pieced together through Jenny’s/ebay and much cheaper than an RTR, buying a used one locally online is risky without thorough quality inspection. The electronics and body are the costly variables, good luck! 👍🏼

Yes, Definitely buy Pre-Owned LOCALLY that way you can physically inspect & test drive! ,BEFORE handy over your money.

Pro-
Mojaves are basically little tanks. Very well protected all around. Tough to kill.

Con-
Their only negative is the body... They act like a Dyson ,sucks up ALL Debris and use the interior chassis like a vacuum bag.

Last edited:
Get the Mojave and the Scorched inner fenders to keep almost all dirt out.
Con: it drives more realistic than all the wide cars, but rewarding when you just saved it from flipping over.
Pro: build as a tank, super plush and cool suspension and THE best looking car blasting over sand, gravel, grass etc. (I may be a bit biased😉)

Was thinking about upgrading my senton 6s with the mojave suspension and checking the price of doing that, and turns out it's not too far off of buying a used mojave. What can you all day about the mojaves pros and cons?
Pros : super fun to drive. It's big, it goes across a big field in no time (even with just the 16t pinion), it doesn't look and drive like any of the other 6s trucks.
Cons : Not good for high jumps and backflips (but it's not designed for that. Long distance lower jumps over mounds are OK), the body gets damaged the rear with time. The front and rear bumper supports break (fixed with the 3d rc bumper supports). Would I buy another one? Absolutely. But I went with the EXB one for the upgrade that come out of the box 👍

Very partial to short course trucks in there original state. Please leave the Senton as is. Changing it should make it a "Felony" 🤔 :LOL:
Bwhahaha-Good one! 🤣
Pros: Thing is beast and looks awesome!!!

Cons: I don't have one.......yet ;)

But seriously, really need to have the space to run it bc it needs it to enjoy the full throttle experience (y)😁✌️

Bwhahaha-Good one! 🤣
Pros: Thing is beast and looks awesome!!!

Cons: I don't have one.......yet ;)

But seriously, really need to have the space to run it bc it needs it to enjoy the full throttle experience (y)😁✌️
Space isn't an issue we've got 40 acres of our own and other land consisting of over 100 additional acres

Space isn't an issue we've got 40 acres of our own and other land consisting of over 100 additional acres

That's just too much Land/space for such a rig..

What you might want to consider is a Kraton 8S (at a minimum) or something More Beastly ,like a custom 12S or 16S Build from @StephenSchandelmayer ... Just a thought

What you might want to consider is a Kraton 8S (at a minimum) or something More Beastly ,like a custom 12S or 16S Build from @StephenSchandelmayer ... Just a thought
I'm a short course type of guy I love the senton and am very interested in the mojave

Quad motor stretched kraton 8s....... LET'S DO IT

You're going to instantly tear up some nice turf with something that has THAT Much Power!!!!!

A creation like that Could be Dangerous in the wrong hands...

I'm a short course type of guy I love the senton and am very interested in the mojave

I have them both, love them both…..

but give the Mojave any day……it’s just a bigger Senton, more stable at speed….mine has taken a beating……and it begs for more. Since you have the room to run a bigger rig …..
demanding do it GIF

Now that is a build thread I want to see !!!!!!!

Well then sh!t, get 3 Mo's!!! :ROFLMAO: Built a track yet? Man, the track I could build with that much land!!! :unsure::p

The bad of the mojave might be the rtr diffs. It has small tires like the typhon but extra weight. Good enough so the diffs do not explode? Idk. The bumper springs and body mounts break every run almost. Unless u have a 3d printer and can print flexible or buy them 3d printed from someone its something ur going to be changing a lot. And painful to change specially the bumper ones. The body post ones are easy. Car is durable but the body gets destroyed on the rear end specially. Likes to tractiong roll and the wheel hexes can strip if you go too crazy on the stock tires
Stock system is a bit under powered and control in the air does not exist

PROS:
Nothing is cooler than watching the suspension in a Mojave do it's thing when hauling flat out! When driven in the proper terrain it is a freakin' beast. Not really designed for stunts but is a really solid rig. It should almost come with a "you'll love it or your money back" guarantee.

CONS: As stated above, she collects debris like crazy, inner fenders are also a must (Should have been part of the design).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back