Outcast Protect your Outcast Budy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raji

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I made some cracks and bends in my Outcast body. So, I add some foam and it solid now. I test it and it was fantastic. Check the Pictures.

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-17 at 8.27.29 PM(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-17 at 8.27.29 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-17 at 8.27.27 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-17 at 8.27.28 PM(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-17 at 8.27.28 PM.jpeg

Have Fun

Goodstuff. Every little helps!

I found in the end that regular foam would not sort the rear shock / bulkhead punching through so added some carbon fibre plates (only cos i had some scrap bits) across the ridge of that area which has solved that issue now.

My body is well bashed and had no reinforcement for a long time. I have now also used fibre glass tape (cricket bat tape) over the whole inside of the body which should stop any further cracking.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Foodstuff. Every little helps!

I found in the end that regular foam would not sort the rear shock / bulkhead punching through so added some carbon fibre plates (only cos i had some scrap bits) across the ridge of that area which has solved that issue now.

My body is well bashed and had no reinforcement for a long time. I have now also used fibre glass tape (cricket bat tape) over the whole inside of the body which should stop any further cracking.

Have fun!

I totally forgot to mention that I put a considerable amount of glue gun under the foam. So its work as parier.
I like the tape idea. I think this kind of tape would be better.

71PHKBVUOYL._SL1100_.jpg

I'm a huge fane of the Drywall mesh tape and shoe goo. That thing has taken a beating and I have ZERO cracks or tears. A few new holes from a neighbors dog. I was doing fine, letting him chase me around, until the battery died and he caught up. o_O

On my VW Baja Bug body I'm using drywall tape and rubberized undercoating and the body has taken a beating and has only tore in the rear "trunk" area of the body where I couldn't get tape inside because it is a very small space and I have sausage fingers. If I get another one of these bodies I'm going to try the liquid tape mixed with shredded fiberglass strand mixed in it up in that spot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back