Protecting a new paint job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe kidd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Is this gonna be good or does it need something else?

Attachments

• IMG_20150604_153027_481.jpg
    IMG_20150604_153027_481.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 112
this is the outside so i guess wondering if thethree coats of silver will work as protective coating

Attachments

• IMG_20150604_095120_678.jpg
    IMG_20150604_095120_678.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 96
Cool paint job..Ive used gorilla tape before...like the hole under side. Worked pretty good and made it alot stronger. I was also thinking of trying some spray can bedliner, or plasti dip.

Nice job with the paint,what I use to protect the paint job is glue on spray like 3m and then some primer your paint job cold chip and it will stay in place,you have to give it a couple of coats of glue and primer.

I use rattle can truck bedliner. Stiffens the body up a bit too.

THinking of spraying my Typhon with bedliner spray this weekend. Any advise? How many coats? Others done it? Works?
I did drywall tape then coated it with truck bed liner, I had to do 4 coats so the drywall tape was covered a little bit. The stuff I bought took about a week to fully cure, but it works awesome so far, my body is just super scratched up and has two spots on the front where the nuts on the ends of the shock mount are hitting body.
Wash the inside of your body before you do anything do it, with some dish soap and water, then dry it out really good. I would start with 2 coats and see how it feels, it really depends on what bed liner you are using some will take more coats than others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back