Kraton Protecting underside centre diff hole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjthomasuk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys

quite new to the hobby, I have just bought a Kraton 6s

I’m worried about dirt and gravel getting stuck in the centre diff/gear and doing some damage because of the hole in the underside of the chassis.

has anyone used anything to cover the hole or is there a reason it’s there and should be left uncovered???

thanks

Hi guys

quite new to the hobby, I have just bought a Kraton 6s

I’m worried about dirt and gravel getting stuck in the centre diff/gear and doing some damage because of the hole in the underside of the chassis.

has anyone used anything to cover the hole or is there a reason it’s there and should be left uncovered???

thanks
The hole is there for more than one reason. Number one, it let's debris out so there's less likelihood that anything will get jammed up and wreck the spur or pinion. Second, the tolerance is very close between spur and chassis. When the chassis flexes, that hole allows the spur to keep turning without grinding on the chassis. I don't know anyone who ever considered plugging it up.

The hole is there for more than one reason. Number one, it let's debris out so there's less likelihood that anything will get jammed up and wreck the spur or pinion. Second, the tolerance is very close between spur and chassis. When the chassis flexes, that hole allows the spur to keep turning without grinding on the chassis. I don't know anyone who ever considered plugging it up.

thanks for the quick reply, makes a lot of sense. Think it’s probably best to leave it uncovered then!!

??

I run my Mojave primarily in dirt and gravel, and I've never had any issues. One night I actually saw sparks coming from inside the truck, and it occurred to me that the gears were ejecting rocks unlucky enough to try and get stuck.

Don't worry about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back