Protek trutorque SL drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I bought a 2mm hex from protek and i received it a few days ago first impressions it has some play in the screw head but it does sometimes get stuck slightly inside the screw head i have been inspecting it today and one of the sides is already starting to round off im a bit dissapointed the handle is great tho the only reason i did not went for the mips is that the shaft is short and i cant access the driveshafts screws

Last edited:
I bought a 2mm hex from protek and i received it a few days ago first impressions it has some play in the screw head but it does sometimes get stuck slightly inside the screw head i have been inspecting it today and one of the sides is already starting to round off im a bit dissapointed the handle is great tho the only reason i did not went for the mips is that the shaft is short and i cant access the driveshafts screws
I would get a good set of tools and just find something decent to access the driveshafts.

IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG

I would get a good set of tools and just find something decent to access the driveshafts.
Well i thought they were good quality tools
They said drill bit thing reinforce and quality :/ i think they are no differant than the 15$ set of amazon but we shall see now

I like the way those handles look too and have had some on a wishlist for when I have an excuse to buy some.
My MIPs get stuck in the screws too but I like that they do. Sometimes it can be a pain when we need to pull em out but better they get stuck than not have enough grab imo.
Looks like replacement shaft is about $9 shipped here which is nice that they offer one.
Hope they work well for you but if they don't please let us know. If you aren't happy, I'd contact and see if they can help you out. Looks like they're big enough to have lots of products and hopefully small enough to care about individual customer concerns.
They also have electric drill 1/4" speed tips too which I like.

I like the way those handles look too and have had some on a wishlist for when I have an excuse to buy some.
My MIPs get stuck in the screws too but I like that they do. Sometimes it can be a pain when we need to pull em out but better they get stuck than not have enough grab imo.
Looks like replacement shaft is about $9 shipped here which is nice that they offer one.
Hope they work well for you but if they don't please let us know. If you aren't happy, I'd contact and see if they can help you out. Looks like they're big enough to have lots of products and hopefully small enough to care about individual customer concerns.
When they get stuck i conider that a good thing

My Amazon cheapos had probably the best 1.5mm out of all the other set I have purchased, you can hear it click into the screw heads and removing it takes a bit of omf, then I broke it trying to assemble some EC3 connectors.......

My Amazon cheapos had probably the best 1.5mm out of all the other set I have purchased, you can hear it click into the screw heads and removing it takes a bit of omf, then I broke it trying to assemble some EC3 connectors.......
The 1.5 cheapo stripped a motor screw the first time i ever used it lol
And i snaped the tip when i tried to remove the washer of my slipper because i forgot to put the spring on and it got completly welded inside i had to play with the slipper hub for almost an hour to finally get it off but snaped the 1.5mm

These are my cheapos. Haven't had trouble with tips but I only use em in my travel kit so they don't get much action. I did have to threadlock the grub screws because they were frustrating me with spinning in the handle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CP2GGBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had the same ones exactly the same colors and everything even the stupid grub screws getting loose

For the price, I feel they're pretty nice. Perfect for my on-location box.
I fixed an E-Revo 2 so many times with these before I had an electric driver. lol Also my MT10E. Still going fine and I paid only $12.99 in spring 2018.

For the price, I feel they're pretty nice. Perfect for my on-location box.
I fixed an E-Revo 2 so many times with these before I had an electric driver. lol Also my MT10E. Still going fine and I paid only $12.99 in spring 2018.
2mm is fine the 2mm just is completly worn and round out everything
I had to melt my rear diff yokes because it stripped the screw...

Attachments

• 20191117_175409.jpg
    20191117_175409.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 57
I contacted amain they said i might have a faulty tip and she's shipping a new one BUT i had a yeah racing alluminum fan in my cart for 2 weeks now and thats what is getting shipped to me contacted her back and told me she made a mistake and now the driver is on its way so i bassicly got maybe a 30x30 alluminum tall cooling fan of a value of 22usd

I contacted amain they said i might have a faulty tip and she's shipping a new one BUT i had a yeah racing alluminum fan in my cart for 2 weeks now and thats what is getting shipped to me contacted her back and told me she made a mistake and now the driver is on its way so i bassicly got maybe a 30x30 alluminum tall cooling fan of a value of 22usd
Bonus free stuff is always cool

I don't believe you. I think you really should need one. ? Who doesn't?
XD was looking for the losi tenacity db pro too but the baterry tray might be a deal breaker
My mother refuses me to get another rc because she cant stand what i do with my kraton lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back