Protek vs vanquish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look closely, the MIP tips have little wear compared to a fairly new 3 month old Vanquish tip.
I used the 2.mm for reference. I beat the crap out of my MIP's. Not that I abuse them at all. I don't. Just that they are well used. :cool:
I got about 11 years out of my first MIP's , still have them, (used in my RC field box in the trunk of my car) I snapped the old 1.5mm however. But all 1.5mm tips no matter what brand will snap at some point.

Last edited:
If you look closely, the MIP tips have little wear compared to a fairly new 3 month old Vanquish tip.
I used the 2.mm for reference. I beat the crap out of my MIP's. Not that I abuse them at all. I don't. Just that they are well used. :cool:
Yeah I see that but they look great overall. My mip I'm the same I treat them well but same time they get used. Had mine for couple weeks? I'm thinking going to go with the proteks being completely honest. After seeing the comparison of them all an hearing what Hurricane said visually they look little bigger than mip for good grip. I still forsee myself buying some vanquish down the road smh haha 😄. It's so bad lol I just wish the vanquish was a smidge bigger for the handle. Hell I might get the vanquish I love all 3 xD prolly going to sleep on it in the very least
I got about 11 years out of my first MIP's , still have them, (used in my RC field box in the trunk of my car) I snapped the old 1.5mm however. But all 1.5mm tips no matter what brand will snap at some point.
Turn around buy the Proteks and when they wear down buy the vanquish replacement tips an fit them in protek x)

Yes, I understand. Just after using the mip I became addicted to how they feel with screws. Like to have the same feeling with my hand set if I can. Good tools serve well

The vanquish handles you stated they were kind of small, they aren't terribly small are they? For a person that has larger hands won't be to bad I assume?
The Vanq. have slightly smaller diameter. Just that the endcaps of the Vanq. are not rounded out as smooth. That's where much of the grip is better with an MIP handle. Skinny handles can be a bear to work with. With tools, Quality tips as well as the handle is what matters. RC fasteners are small but reach higher torque much of the time. I see many small size hex tips with smaller handles for working on other types of projects. Some handles are so small that they appear to be for working on Watches and other very small items. RC Fasteners can be a bear with those. 🤷‍♂️

I have had very good luck with these. Other than the writing wearing off the hold up very well. Over 10 years old only replace 1 and the handle spun on the driver. Cover under warranty. I was using vice grips on it to break something loos.

20210302_193736.jpg

Ok, I made a post recently. Can't decide. If you had a choice between protek trutorque sl metric hand drivers and vanquish which one would you buy? Everything I've seen about vanquish says that they are very high quality second to none basically just longer mip drivers that cost little more. I've also heard that the new protek trutorque sl drivers are great lightweight and the new hss steel makes them very good drivers. My curiosity is just how snug do the protek fit? Does anyone happen to have a set or able to shine little more light to the subject?

These are the links to said drivers

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-rc-trutorque-sl-metric-hex-driver-set-4-ptk-8416/p863873

https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanqui...river-tool-set-w-bearing-cap-vps08400/p675153

Thank you
I own the Vanquish hex drivers and love them! I almost bought the Protek set, but they weren't in stock when I made my purchase

I have the new ProTek drivers (PTK-8416) and they feel like really nice. I am impressed with then but don't have any MIP to compare with. I happen to have just put some MIP drivers and speed bits in my shopping cart before opening this thread, just to know...

Good Luck!
Hurricane
If you will please update what you think on the protek/ mip when you receive your mip

If you will please update what you think on the protek/ mip when you receive your mip
Sure... I’ll probably try to use them both for a little bit to get a feel for the differences. They get here Friday. Getting the speed tips Thursday.

Hurricane

As an update I ordered the Vanquish hex drivers, the handles are smooth little small for large hands but can still find a great grip with the cut outs on them,an the bearing on the back is very smooth feels very nice overall. They fit pretty snug almost as snug as mip, also the color coordination matches mip. For anyone looking to buy a nice set of tools mip is #1 just they are on the shorter length aspect. Very happy with having the speed bits from mip and hand drivers from vanquish. I feel they both will last many years.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1615406810981_6775507248924887198.jpeg

Last edited:
Seems like the Protek Torque SL have the longer tip length of the Vanquish and the handle size of the beloved MIPs (well somewhat since the mip tools have shorter tips and smaller diameter handles on their small hex drivers such as the 1.5mm.
Seems to be the best of both worlds with Protek Torque SL.

Last edited:
Seems like the Protek Torque SL have the longer tip length of the Vanquish and the handle size of the beloved MIPs (well somewhat since the mip tools have shorter tips and smaller diameter handles on their small hex drivers such as the 1.5mm.
Do you have protek and vanquish? I ended up settling on the vanquish an have mip for my speed bits. They are great, the swivel thing on back side is very very smooth they are almost as snug as the mip. Great material an very solid feeling in the hand smooth yet can grip very well cause the groves
And when you say longer tip length your talking about the total length from the end of handle to the very tip?

FWIW I have run both the mips and the new proteks. Both are really good drivers. The proteks are slightly tighter and slightly longer, but not quite as comfortable. I broke off my 1.5mm tip and AMain had a new end (the ends can be removed from the handle) in the mail within an hour. The mips are definitely more comfortable, and feel more rugged. You can't go wrong with either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back