Typhon PSA for all 3s and 4s difs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
If you haven't already, change the bearings in the difs. If you don't, they will separate and melt your carriers. Also, if you don't change the bearings on the pinion and they start to go too, getting the inner race off the plastic shaft is nearly impossible. I had to shave mine down with a cut off wheel on my dremel. Pinions are cheap, but that doesn't help when you want to bash and don't have the part.
20200118_223458.jpg

Yeah that second bearing can be a bear to get off. I use a flathead to pry it away enough to slip needle nose pliers in there and then wedge them in a little at a time until the inner race clears

Wait for real?

The bearing in the diff does damage?

Man I swapped that in mine but not my son’s. Swapped and filled his diff’s straight out of the box hoping that the one bearing in there swimming in diff fluid would be kosher. Rats.

Wait for real?

The bearing in the diff does damage?

Man I swapped that in mine but not my son’s. Swapped and filled his diff’s straight out of the box hoping that the one bearing in there swimming in diff fluid would be kosher. Rats.
I'm not talking about the little tiny ones in the dif, its the two in the carrier where the driveshaft goes in and the two on the pinion.

If you haven't already, change the bearings in the difs. If you don't, they will separate and melt your carriers. Also, if you don't change the bearings on the pinion and they start to go too, getting the inner race off the plastic shaft is nearly impossible. I had to shave mine down with a cut off wheel on my dremel. Pinions are cheap, but that doesn't help when you want to bash and don't have the part. View attachment 61472
I've gotten diffs straight from JRC where I couldn't get that second bearing off the input gear. I hate dealing with that one ?

Hhhmmmmm I guess I’ve been lucky with my 3s but that’s good advice none the less. It’s been a while since I have been on the forum so didn’t notice you got a 6s Typhon. It’s on my list of future toys

@Lazy Bushman! What’s up brother! Where have you been? Welcome back!

I just bought 2 different 3s models in past couple weeks. Haven't ran them much.... but this got me looking for replacement kits... just looking at them I had no clue there were so many bearings in these lol. I am sure there are less in my kraton 6s?

I just bought 2 different 3s models in past couple weeks. Haven't ran them much.... but this got me looking for replacement kits... just looking at them I had no clue there were so many bearings in these lol. I am sure there are less in my kraton 6s?
It’s about the same. The two inside the diffs aren’t as important as the others.

It’s about the same. The two inside the diffs aren’t as important as the others.
The only time I had one go on the inside what's when I ran the hot racing driveshafts.

@Lazy Bushman! What’s up brother! Where have you been? Welcome back!
I cycle through different hobbies. I busted my kraton pretty good and need to either hammer out my chassis or buy a new one. Hiwever my daughters are getting more into shooting so I have been doing a lot of of that over the past couple of months. How are you going Mongoose?

I cycle through different hobbies. I busted my kraton pretty good and need to either hammer out my chassis or buy a new one. Hiwever my daughters are getting more into shooting so I have been doing a lot of of that over the past couple of months. How are you going Mongoose?
Good to see you back.
That is awesome news of the daughters shooting.
Keep it up for sure

I’ve been meaning to get to the range recently. Haven’t been yet this year. Been too damn busy.

I’ve been meaning to get to the range recently. Haven’t been yet this year. Been too damn busy.
Let's meet and go make piles of brass.
Handgun, rifle, shotgun, longrange or close range I'm in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back