PSA: Keep your Arrma Truck Receipt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
As some of you may know, the ESC in my Notorious went up in smoke (https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/notorious-up-in-smoke.8449/). I purchased the truck from another forum, new in box. When I submitted a warranty claim I was immediately denied because I was not the original purchaser. I ended up emailing a Horizon Rep who called me at home. After my conversation with him, one thing became painfully clear. Without a dated sales receipt from an authorized retailer, you have NO WARRANTY. NONE. ZIP. NADDA. While Horizon can handle each claim on a case by case basis, the bottom line is that do not have to warranty anything if you don't have a receipt. So I highly recommend that you immediately scan or take of picture of your receipt when you buy a new truck. I also asked what happens in the case of a gift and he said they would ask that you contact the person that gave it as the gift and request a receipt. How uncomfortable would that be?

So for those of you buying either new in box, slightly used or used, technically you have no warranty. And given that the most important part of these trucks are electronic, that really sucks.

I really think that what they are saying is crap, a lot of companies do this and it just reminds me every time I here of this that your probably on your own if you have a problem, warranty or not.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Arrma/Horrizon warranty. So far they have replaced the servo from my Typhon, a BLX 185 fan, a set of driveshafts for my Granite 3s BLX and now a complete BLX185. I just felt it was important to let people know that you really need to safeguard your receipt and that if you buy used you could potentially be SOL if something breaks.

When I started back 30 years ago up until recently there was just no sort of warranty on rc’s. Due to the nature of the hobby that was just the way it was. I have made 1x warranty claim and that was last year on my redcat be6s for a wing and mount that broke on first run because i think the plastic was formed wrong at the holes.

Solid info. I've had one claim in my limited RC experience with my MT10E Redcat. Only because I could prove with a receipt for a new product from a Redcat dealer, was i able to get a new esc sent no charge.
I'm actually impressed that they warranty any of this stuff considering every driver is different and no way to prove we don't drive like a dumbass vs the part is weak from the start.
With no local shop to buy Arrma from, I buy everything online. Luckily for me, i can easily show proof with online purchase history from any vendor.
I like to buy from obvious hobby dealers on Ebay etc just so I can feel reasured that i will have available purchase history and receipts. I catagorize my emails in rc purchases and all photos are somewhat organized according to individual vehicles i own. I also prefer to buy new vs used and only buy new lipos from reputable dealers.
This thread is great info to have and very important to keep in mind. Unfortunately we get beat from time to time because as mentioned, "nature of the hobby," but man it's very nice to get any support at all...considering again, "nature of the hobby".

That is why I don't understand people who have something almost new and feel it is worth an almost new price. Used is used and the price drops dramatically as soon as it is sold. This is a very good reason why. I almost made a comment the other day about it but stopped myself out of respect for the seller but you are dreaming if you think your car is worth almost what you paid. Even if you do have $50 worth of upgraded parts. That said BB got a great deal. I would have bought it too if I had the cash.There are good deals out there that make it worth the risk.

I agree. I usually buy new stuff but also need to sell used stuff.
I tell everyone I'm trying to sell on the hobby that it's not something you make any money back on. You gotta buy the fun too.
I want friends to get into it but also gotta be upfront. The return is the experience. Worth every bit to me.

Good info but really this should already been well known. Arrma mentions this in both their manuals and warranty card:

warranty-reciept.png

your probably on your own if you have a problem, warranty or not.
I can assure you Arrma has done a great job honoring their warranty and offers a much better warranty than many other RC companies. Just look through this forum and you can find many instances where users have had parts, even full RC's replaced under warranty.

In fact, Horizon replaced the ESC for @bicketybam even though technically the RC wasn't even under warranty. Now that's customer service!

That is why I don't understand people who have something almost new and feel it is worth an almost new price. Used is used and the price drops dramatically as soon as it is sold.

Exactly this. If you're buying from a third party you should know the "risks" you are taking. Be it that of the actual condition of the RC or in ths case a "new in box" but without receipt and no warranty.

ARMA warranty is good, and I personally haven't had any problems with it before.

ARMA warranty is good, and I personally haven't had any problems with it before.
What does this have to do with keeping your receipt? And why did you have to dig up a 3 year old thread to post that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back