Kraton PSA: Typhon and Kraton Currently on Sale at Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I noticed the Typhon 6s is currently $419 and the Kraton 6s is $439 on Amazon. If you have been thinking about either one, now might be a good time to go for it. Either one makes more sense than the new Kraton 4s.

Edit: The Kraton is currently only $439, not $449.

Last edited:
Only if I hadn’t bought my Typhon 3s….
So your saying that you need to finish your typhon collection right ?! Lol

Just kidding, Welcome to Arrma forum by the way.

I noticed the Typhon 6s is currently $419 and the Kraton 6s is $439 on Amazon. If you have been thinking about either one, now might be a good time to go for it. Either one makes more sense than the new Kraton 4s.

Edit: The Kraton is currently only $439, not $449.
With the flurry of posts about the new Kraton 4s over the last few days, I was surprised this post on the Kraton 6s sale didn't get more attention yesterday. That sale price is over, but the Typhon 6s is still on sale.

With the flurry of posts about the new Kraton 4s over the last few days, I was surprised this post on the Kraton 6s sale didn't get more attention yesterday. That sale price is over, but the Typhon 6s is still on sale.
Exactly. I would just truggify the $419 Typhon and run it on 4S. That is what I plan to do with the one I ordered.

My first rc was the v1 Kraton 4S. I didn’t know that I could have just bought the Typhon and ran it on 4S. A lot of the 4x4 posters probably never check the 6s forum.

I couldn't resist and bought the 6s to go along with my 3s. My 3s is a beast but I'm really excited to get my hands on the v5 of the 6s!

I couldn't resist and bought the 6s to go along with my 3s. My 3s is a beast but I'm really excited to get my hands on the v5 of the 6s!
I can’t resist a good sale. I just bought a limitless a month ago, and I don’t have any local tracks to run the typhon as a buggy. It looks like I might have to risk getting kicked out of the bmx track after I run it on the road for a while.

I’ve been tempted to try the 3s or mega typhon for the light weight, but I know I’ll end up over powering it and breaking everything in the drivetrain.

Exactly. I would just truggify the $419 Typhon and run it on 4S. That is what I plan to do with the one I ordered.

My first rc was the v1 Kraton 4S. I didn’t know that I could have just bought the Typhon and ran it on 4S. A lot of the 4x4 posters probably never check the 6s forum.

I think some of the interest in the 4S is because it's fun to dissect what ARRMA is up to / gossip column. I kind of like that part of it too to be honest. (but my wallet isn't impressed with their 4S line-up at the moment)

Have to admit I don't own any 6S, and am still a huge fan of my Granite and Vorteks. If someone is willing to wait for a sale on a 6S, I'm just not sure I see enough room for a non-premium 4S between 3S and 6S.

I think the idea of a premium 4S ARRMA, or even a premium 3S, that is of a higher end design (really goes the extra mile while still trying to keep the weight down) would actually have a good market despite the higher cost. I kind of like the 1/10 size. But it seems like what comes closest to that from ARRMA is the Typhon 6S ran on 4S like you just said.

I love my Granite because it's just fun. It's kind of crazy to control (I like), it handles grass pretty well, and long suspension travel. I don't bash very hard. If I did I might hate the Granite. I still like the Vorteks a lot too, which we purchased first, but these days I've been reaching for the Granite more often.

I just ran my new Typhon on some hoons, and I am liking it a lot. 4s with the stock pinion tops out as fast as I would want to go in the street in front of my house, and the motor only got up to 130F after a lot of aggressive throttle and braking. I turned the esc timing down to 7.5 before running it since it sounds like the stock timing setting may be why so many 150A escs are going up in smoke. I debated building something from the ground up with limitless shocks and towers, but the typhon shocks give the car just enough clearance to avoiding bottoming out when I go up the small curbs on my street to let cars go by. My limitless bottoms out in dips in the road that you can’t even see.

5D31219E-4E10-4890-9D1F-17038AA165A3.jpeg

Anybody know why so many deals on Arrma now and will it keep going? I've only been at this a little over a year and when I started people said discounts were rare. Now it seems like Arrma is giving huge discounts on a lot of rigs regularly. I hope it lasts because medical bills destroyed my rc fun money for the next few months and feels like I'm going to miss all the fun! :mad::ROFLMAO:

I would have said the $440 sale price for a Typhon was rare a couple of months ago, but then it was $420. Now it’s on sale for $400. Who knows. Amazon must be clearing old inventory. I’d expect the sale to be on horizon hobby if they are making room for a V6.

Does anyone have any tips on getting Amazon to give me the $20 difference without returning the one I bought at $420?

I would have said the $440 sale price for a Typhon was rare a couple of months ago, but then it was $420. Now it’s on sale for $400. Who knows. Amazon must be clearing old inventory. I’d expect the sale to be on horizon hobby if they are making room for a V6.

Does anyone have any tips on getting Amazon to give me the $20 difference without returning the one I bought at $420?

It’s interesting to note that the deal on the Typhon is sold and shipped by Amazon so this is their own inventory and not going through Horizon which still as the regular price.

C75B274A-0F43-4FD2-B48E-787ED1F55A0E.jpeg

As far as getting the difference I would say calling is probably the best way as going through chat is useless. The chat representatives all have their fixed script of how prices fluctuate and they cannot price match after the item has shipped. You might be able to escalate to a manager but even then it’s a crapshoot. Otherwise just order it, and return the new one as the $420 purchase and make Amazon pay for their stupidity…

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back