Talion PSM high end parts for Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCROD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
GOOD NEWS! PSM in Germany are maybe interested in making some high end parts for the Talion. They make very high quality carbon fiber and 7075 aluminum parts. Their 7075 aluminum parts are milled more and would definitely be lighter than any other aluminum upgrade options available now for the Talion. PSM also showed interest in making some titanium pillowballs (40% lighter), if he can get an Arrma RC there.

This was Stefan's reply to my earlier e-mail:
"Can you provide us a photoscan of the parts you like to see in carbon fiber? I would probably use a Sunday to draw something up and cut them. Posting to a forum with many Arrma enthusiasts would be a real great idea! Not only to determine the interest in these parts but also to find someone who can quickly do the scans.
Working with scans will limit development to flat products only. Like shock towers, radio tray, steering top plate, center diff plate etc. For titanium and aluminum parts we need to have a car here. Let see if somebody can provide scans and how the feedback is?"

Okay guys, this is real positive and our chance to get a great company that makes very high quality parts (carbon fiber, 7075 aluminum, titanium) on board. I also believe their customer service would be as good as their parts, from what I've seen from PSM so far.

As everyone knows, Power vs Weight ratio means everything. Shed some unnecessary weight and the Talion becomes even quicker, handles better, brakes better, jumps better, runs cooler, and even becomes more durable, especially after bad landings and crashes. The new Arrma Talion is a speed truggy and lighter, stronger parts would be a win win for all of us.

Let's have your feedback for interest (keep in mind some of these parts will fit other Arrma vehicles).

PLEASE, CAN ANYONE PROVIDE SOME SCANS AND SEND THESE TO PSM?

They mention making parts out of titanium/etc.

Are there specific parts that people would like made? I'm happy to purchase some parts and have them shipped out, assuming that they will actually produce anything.

I've got quite a few upgraded parts on my Talion so far, but I'm always looking for upgrades.

They mention making parts out of titanium/etc.

Are there specific parts that people would like made? I'm happy to purchase some parts and have them shipped out, assuming that they will actually produce anything.

I've got quite a few upgraded parts on my Talion so far, but I'm always looking for upgrades.

Dingo, good to hear your definitely interested. Many parts were mentioned by PSM to possibly make. Furthermore, PSM parts are available at A Main hobbies, etc, so if enough interest, these parts should be very easy to get. Hopefully there is enough interest here on the forum???

Dingo, good to hear your definitely interested. Many parts were mentioned by PSM to possibly make. Furthermore, PSM parts are available at A Main hobbies, etc, so if enough interest, these parts should be very easy to get. Hopefully there is enough interest here on the forum???

Awesome to hear! I'm willing to bet you could get the Kraton folks interested on parts that are shared between the vehicles. There's quite a few crossover parts for both cars that I've found so far.

Yeah me too on the pivot balls. I have a Kraton so not many parts will transfer now. I tried to find a tooling ball equivalent today but didn't have any luck.

Awesome to hear! I'm willing to bet you could get the Kraton folks interested on parts that are shared between the vehicles. There's quite a few crossover parts for both cars that I've found so far.

Exactly what I was thinking. Many parts from the Talion would also fit the Kraton, Outcast, Typhon, etc (such as, the front red aluminum top brace, upper center spur gear cover, center diff mount, battery tray, ESC tray, servo mount, motor mount, red steering block aluminum pivots, diff cases, gearbox cases, pivot balls, etc). Many of these parts, PSM could possibly make in super light and strong "carbon fiber, highly milled light 7075 aluminum, or titanium (for pivot balls)."

Other upgrade parts specifically for the Talion that PSM could possibly make are; front/rear tower braces (carbon fiber), a stronger & lighter 7075 aluminum chassis, including, highly milled 7075 front/rear chassis braces & suspension mounts. Maybe we could even talk Stefan at PSM into a making a stronger rear wing mount for the Talion (maybe a mix of carbon fiber & 7075 for strength & lightness?)

Although a couple of the above parts mentioned are already made by GPM, Hot Racing & Voltage Hobbies, you cannot compare Chinese 6061 aluminum, or heavier unmilled 7075 aluminum with PSM's highly milled and super light German 7075 aluminum. Furthermore, HR and GPM customer service is non existent. I've been in contact with many RC companies over the years, and Stefan at PSM has impressed me every time with his customer service.

It's great to see some real interest so far. Keep it coming. I don't think we should blow this opportunity to get a great company like PSM on board, as no one else makes all these Arrma RC upgrade parts, especially in 3 high end materials (carbon fiber, highly milled 7075 German aluminum, and titanium).

Spoke with my buddy who also has a Kraton. We've been upgrading our cars pretty much in lock-step, and he's incredibly interested in the possibility of parts that will fit both vehicles. Another +1 to the pile!

Titanium is stainless, too. ;)
Yes, but "Titanium Balls" just sounds so much better LOL.

Since Titanium's strength-to-density ratio is the highest of any metallic element, titanium pillow balls (40% lighter) would definitely be a real nice upgrade. Due to it's corrosion resistance, "titanium" lower suspension hinge pins sounds like a good upgrade also, as the stock pins seem to "rust way too easily" (has anyone else noticed this?) If enough interest, I will also ask Stefan at PSM about this possibility also.

Although I was expecting more interest, especially since many of these possible upgrade parts will fit different Arrma vehicles (Talion, Kraton, Outcast, Typhon, etc), I will advise Stefan that we at least have some interest. Should this thread also be posted elsewhere in the forums? Until PSM can get there hands on a new Talion (which they will need to make any 7075 aluminum parts), they can make carbon fiber parts now (shock towers, servo mount, top plate, etc), if someone can send them some SCANS.

@RCROD I would possibly be on board with the titanium balls and hinge pins, depending on pricing and shipping costs. I'm guessing that the reason that this hasn't gathered that much interest from the aluminum parts perspective, is because there are already a bunch of parts being made from 7075 aluminum from Voltage. I do not know if Voltage ships outside of the US though.

Definitely keep us updated as to what they all decide to make and where to buy them.

Edit: I just realized that Voltage does not have any shock towers for the new 2018 model Talion. I wonder if they are waiting to get their hands on one too or if they aren't planning on making them for the new Talion.

Last edited:
Yes, but "Titanium Balls" just sounds so much better LOL.

Since Titanium's strength-to-density ratio is the highest of any metallic element, titanium pillow balls (40% lighter) would definitely be a real nice upgrade. Due to it's corrosion resistance, "titanium" lower suspension hinge pins sounds like a good upgrade also, as the stock pins seem to "rust way too easily" (has anyone else noticed this?) If enough interest, I will also ask Stefan at PSM about this possibility also.

I'm absolutely into the idea of a titanium set of hinge pins. Looks like according to the Arrma page that they are 4x67.5mm pins, and are consistent between the front/rear.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330381

I've had little luck in the process of finding good suspension towers. I bent one last weekend, as well as the broke wing mount that connects to the front side of the rear diff and screws that hold the wing mount in place on the back side of the suspension tower.

I've picked up some cheap-o CF ones from ebay, but I'm not sold on how they'll hold up to the bashing. I'd love a set of Voltage Hobby towers, but I'd absolutely LOVE titanium towers.

@RCROD I would possibly be on board with the titanium balls and hinge pins, depending on pricing and shipping costs. I'm guessing that the reason that this hasn't gathered that much interest from the aluminum parts perspective, is because there are already a bunch of parts being made from 7075 aluminum from Voltage. I do not know if Voltage ships outside of the US though.

Definitely keep us updated as to what they all decide to make and where to buy them.

Edit: I just realized that Voltage does not have any shock towers for the new 2018 model Talion. I wonder if they are waiting to get their hands on one too or if they aren't planning on making them for the new Talion.

chevys10zr2003. Thanks for your interest. Since A Main hobbies already carries PSM parts, I was hoping that PSM may send the Arrma upgrade parts with one of their larger A Main hobby orders, so shipping costs, hopefully would not be a big concern. From what I've seen browsing, for very high quality parts, they prices are quite reasonable.

Voltage Hobbies had talked about making some shock towers for the new Talion, but like many companies right now, including RPM and others I've talked to, they are also probably hesitant to make any new parts, due to everything going on in the courts with Arrma, etc? I like that Voltage Hobbies uses 7075 aluminum (which is stronger and lighter than 6061), but "all" their parts are hardly CNC milled (almost a big chunk of un-milled aluminum), so their upgrade parts are quite heavy. If your only goal is for strength and durability for those weekly 50ft jumps and you have no concern of weight, Voltage Hobbies is the best choice out there.

PSM 7075 aluminum parts would be stronger & "LIGHTER" than any stock aluminum parts they replaced, which is why I think their parts would be a much better upgrade for the Talion. Personally, I do not want to add a bunch of unnecssary weight, especially to my Talion. Besides producing titanium and carbon fiber parts, since PSM also produces stronger and lighter 7075 aluminum upgrade parts, I thought we should also pursue this?

Dingo. Did you mean you bent your stock Arrma aluminum SHOCK TOWER? The durability and strength of carbon fiber depends a lot on the manufacturing process, and from what I've read, PSM carbon fiber is very well made. If made well, c/f shock towers will be stronger than aluminum towers (& c/f would only be a problem if either tower was exposed, and both are protected by the body and wing). Due to the high cost, I believe there would be no benefit to having titanium shock towers, as aluminum is lighter and carbon fiber is even lighter again. However, I will ask PSM about the possibility of making some titanium pillow balls, hinge pins and front turnbuckles?

I could tear my current project car apart and scan the 2018 Talion shock towers. If only i knew how to do the scan properly, so that PSM can really use it to do their drawings. Should I place some kind of ruler or graph paper next to the parts?

I don't have a Talion but do have acces to a scanner....we call it the "Blue Light" scanner at work. We scan machine columns and machine bases because we don't have accurate models from the manufacturer and then create the model from the cast surfaces and modify to our needs from there.

If needed we could scan a car.

Dingo. Did you mean you bent your stock Arrma aluminum SHOCK TOWER? The durability and strength of carbon fiber depends a lot on the manufacturing process, and from what I've read, PSM carbon fiber is very well made. If made well, c/f shock towers will be stronger than aluminum towers (& c/f would only be a problem if either tower was exposed, and both are protected by the body and wing). Due to the high cost, I believe there would be no benefit to having titanium shock towers, as aluminum is lighter and carbon fiber is even lighter again. However, I will ask PSM about the possibility of making some titanium pillow balls, hinge pins and front turnbuckles?

I managed to bend both that plus my chassis. I was running up a large hill and got a little ambitious with the go-juice. Flipped it over backward, then back down the hill end over end, straight into a boulder.

I've got the pieces in place to repair/rebuild. New chassis and stock towers, but there's going to be a lot of work in moving everything over.

I'm still impressed that those were the biggest problem pieces.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back