Talion PSM high end parts for Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best upgrade would be a 7075 chassis, would love one for my V1 Talion..
RCpete. I definitely agree, I also think a 7075 chassis would be an excellent upgrade. This would stiffen up the chassis without gaining weight. It seems like the stock chassis may have too much flex for big jumps, bad landings? I could also ask PSM this possibility, but will need more interest?

Just noticed you mentioned for a V1. The V3 chassis is now different, so I don't think PSM would be interested in designing a 7075 chassis for the both new V3 Talion, and the older V1/V2's?

Last edited:
blindy. Thanks for your offer. I will ask PSM about this, as I'm not sure what type of scans are needed to ensure that PSM can make the parts properly?

Mongoose. That's great news. Many of the parts on the Kraton are the same, so yes, definitely we would all appreciate if you could scan some Arrma parts. Let me send this to PSM and see what Stefan says about the interest we now have and what he agrees to make for upgrade parts?

It would maybe make more sense to design it for the V1/V2 Talion and all three generations of Kraton as they share the same chassis and cover 5 "variations" as opposed to designing it for 1 specific model and one specific year. Just my opinion though.

Although I believe everything is interchangeable between the V1/V2 Talion chassis and the V3 Talion chassis. Besides turning the servo 90 degrees I don't know what is all different between the two generations.

It would maybe make more sense to design it for the V1/V2 Talion and all three generations of Kraton as they share the same chassis and cover 5 "variations" as opposed to designing it for 1 specific model and one specific year. Just my opinion though.

Although I believe everything is interchangeable between the V1/V2 Talion chassis and the V3 Talion chassis. Besides turning the servo 90 degrees I don't know what is all different between the two generations.
Good point. Besides the V1/V2 Talion & V1-V3 Kraton, isn't the Outcast chassis the same? If yes, I would think there would be a ton of interest for a 7075 chassis? I also have a V3 Kraton, so I would ask PSM this possibility, if we get a lot of interest?

Besides rotating the servo on the V3 Talion chassis, Arrma also changed the front/rear chassis braces and did tweak the electronics (moved around a bit), so the new V3 chassis is different than the V1/V2 chassis.

Good point. Besides the V1/V2 Talion & V1-V3 Kraton, isn't the Outcast chassis the same? If yes, I would think there would be a ton of interest for a 7075 chassis? I also have a V3 Kraton, so I would ask PSM this possibility, if we get a lot of interest?

Besides rotating the servo on the V3 Talion chassis, Arrma also changed the front/rear chassis braces and did tweak the electronics (moved around a bit), so the new V3 chassis is different than the V1/V2 chassis.

The V1/V2 Talion and all three Kratons share one chassis and I believe that both Outcast generations and as well as all three Senton and Typhon generations share one.

If you have a V1/V2 Talion and get a V3 Talion chassis, can you reuse all of your existing components and make it work on the new updated chassis? Or would some stuff not line up/work?

The V1/V2 Talion and all three Kratons share one chassis and I believe that both Outcast generations and as well as all three Senton and Typhon generations share one.

If you have a V1/V2 Talion and get a V3 Talion chassis, can you reuse all of your existing components and make it work on the new updated chassis? Or would some stuff not line up/work?
Yes, forgot the Outcast has a shorter chassis than the Kraton/Talion. Good question, except possibly for the redesigned chassis braces, I would think everything on the V3 Talion should fit a V1/V2 chassis, as it's just a different layout? So yes, I gather could use a PSM 7075 aluminum V1/V2 chassis for a V3 Talion. However, the V3 Talion is very well balanced with it's new chassis layout, but the trade-off is probably worth it, a 7075 chassis (should definitely be stronger & lighter, especially if chassis is thick enough in the high stress areas & milled lighter in other areas.)

Yes, forgot the Outcast has a shorter chassis than the Kraton/Talion. Good question, except possibly for the redesigned chassis braces, I would think everything on the V3 Talion should fit a V1/V2 chassis, as it's just a different layout? So yes, I gather could use a PSM 7075 aluminum V1/V2 chassis for a V3 Talion. However, the V3 Talion is very well balanced with it's new chassis layout, but the trade-off is probably worth it, a 7075 chassis (should definitely be stronger & lighter, especially if chassis is thick enough in the high stress areas & milled lighter in other areas.)
I still wonder what the reasoning was for rotating the servo 90 degrees on the new Talion.

I still wonder what the reasoning was for rotating the servo 90 degrees on the new Talion.

After moving the electronics around for an even better balanced chassis on the V3, maybe Arrma just had room to rotate the servo? However, since my servo in my V3 Talion hardly moves at all (only movement is due to the unwanted flex in the servo mounting rubber grommets, which I plan to replace with carbon fiber spacers), the servo in my V3 Kraton definitely has more flex/movement. I even did this test with my front tires off the ground for both vehicles, so tire size was not the "only" difference. Besides improving their V3 composite servo mount (thicker), I believe rotating the servo in the V3 Talion has helped solidify the servo from flexing in the mount. After I noticed this, it does makes sense, as the servo can flex much easier sideways in the mount than it can length wise (lengthwise, the servo would almost have to lift out of the mount to flex/move). Due to this, the V3 Talion does "not" need an aluminum upgraded servo mount.

Last edited:

Another point to consider is, since the new V3 Talion has a better balanced chassis with the electronics being moved around, and the new servo mounting is much more stable, it may make more sense for a 7075 V3 Talion chassis? V1/V2 Talion and Kraton owners could also use the new stronger 7075 updated & more balanced V3 Talion chassis? The Talion chassis also might be longer by 1mm, as the new Talion wheelbase is 378mm & the Kraton wheelbase is 377mm.

Anyways, I was hoping for much more interest than we have now, especially before I pass this onto PSM. Come on everyone...

I've confirmed I have one friend interested in every piece that would be compatible with his Kraton as well. Trying to get the rest of my friends to pick up an Arrma as well, but no real luck so far.

I've confirmed I have one friend interested in every piece that would be compatible with his Kraton as well. Trying to get the rest of my friends to pick up an Arrma as well, but no real luck so far.
Thanks Dingo for your support. I wonder if the limited feedback/interest is maybe due to putting this thread in the Talion section only? Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks Dingo for your support. I wonder if the limited feedback/interest is maybe due to putting this thread in the Talion section only? Let me know what you guys think?

Pretty sure it's the section. The Kraton forum has heaps of traffic in comparison. I'm willing to bet you'll get a bit more traction there for sure.

I'm all for more great quality parts.

Another note on the 7075 chassis.....you could not use the v3 Talion chassis for the V1 or V2 or the kratons....not everything is a direct bolt on....the braces are different and wouldn't fit and also not sure about the battery tray......

I think they should make a chassis for the V1, V2 Talions and all three Kratons as they all share the same platform......same goes for the Typhon,Outcast and Senton as they too share the same platform......whether they would go to the trouble of doing a third for the Talion V3 i don't know. What i am quite sure of is that people would buy a 7075 chassis, it would be the ultimate upgrade IMO and seeing as most of Arrma's 1/8th stuff runs on just two chassis it makes sense to make these two.

I think, they also moved the center diff further back, which would require different drive shafts. Not too sure though.

Well wouldn't you know. The parts are simply reversed according to the 2018 manual. Below are the part numbers between the different vehicles.

Talion: AR310460 (Front) / AR310472 (Rear)
Kraton: AR310472 (Front) / AR310460 (Rear)

Looks like you may be able to migrate pieces from the Kraton over to the Talion chassis. I may be making a Frankencar here pretty soon with all the spares my buddy and I have lying around. At least get a roller going. We'll do some testing and report back.

My primary concern is the rotation of the servo, though the servo arms are the same part numbers between the two cars, but 90 degrees offset.

Edit: I'd be out if it was only the other two chassis. I'm not terribly interested in reverting to a less balanced chassis. I've already got all of my upgraded braces and everything.

Last edited:
Re, Using Titanium. I've got quite a lot of experience in using / bashing with titanium parts. Haven't been active on here for a long time but just started getting my Kraton back out again. I have Titanium hinge pins, specifically as I run in the wet / mud a lot (UK based). I made these as I didn't like the surface rust on the stock steel hinge pins. Whilst titanium has a higher strength to weight ratio, you're using a much lighter weight of titanium so they're not as strong as the stock steel ones. You won't break them but they do bend in a bad crash, I've bent a few. But keep using them as most of the time the ti hinge pin will bend before you break a hanger or arm. You can find off cuts of 4mm titanium rod on ebay at fairly reasonable prices (at least in the UK anyway) it's fairly tough to cut but if you take your time you can cut it with a dremel and a good cutting disk. I was actually thinking of producing then at one point as there was a lot of interest on the 1/8 Arrma mod FB page when I first posted them about 2 years ago. I think the time that goes into them means that I think it would be too expensive to be worth making / selling. I also sourced and changed every screw for a grade 7 titanium one (stronger than grade 5) cost a fortune and have bent several. Basically titanium is easy to bend.

Interested. Haven't read all the posts, but if shipping through AMain they ship to Canada I believe?

Pickles. Thanks for also advising the stock lower hinge pins rust, as I've been waiting for someone else to also notice this. The stock lower pins "rust way too easily". I'm not sure what Arrma used for steel, as I've never seen hinge pins rust like this before in any of other RC's. This is why new lower hinge pins would be a great upgrade. Titanium has great corrosion resistance, plus would parts would be 40% lighter. The two most useful properties of the metal are corrosion resistance and strength-to-density ratio, the highest of any metallic element.
I'm surprised at your comments, as titanium has the highest strength to density ratio of any metallic element and is as strong as some steels. Was it "GRADE 4" titanium material that you used? Titanium has always been recognized for its high strength-to-weight ratio. It is is 60% denser than aluminium, but more than twice as strong as the most commonly used 6061 -T6 aluminum. However, titanium is not as hard as some grades of "heat-treated" steel. Here' an interesting fact I found, as certain titanium alloys can achieve tensile strengths of over 1,400 MPa (20,0000 psi). I believe there are 31 grades of titanium, so gather the strength of titanium can depend on the materials used and the manufacturing process. Another option is possibly "titanium coated" hinge pins?

Regarding a 7075 chassis. I agree this would be a killer upgrade. Yes, the battery tray is the same and the center dogbones have just been reversed due to the center diff being moved back. The only thing you would need to use a V3 Talion chassis on the V1-V3 Kraton & V1/V2 Talion, are the new V3 Talion front and rear chassis braces, I believe. Everything else should just transfer over. I still think a new V3 Talion 7075 chassis would be best, as it is Arrma's newest design, having better balance and a much stronger servo mount layout. Anyways, we have to get PSM on board 1st, before what is the best 7075 chassis to make for Arrma...

Well wouldn't you know. The parts are simply reversed according to the 2018 manual. Below are the part numbers between the different vehicles.

Talion: AR310460 (Front) / AR310472 (Rear)
Kraton: AR310472 (Front) / AR310460 (Rear)

Looks like you may be able to migrate pieces from the Kraton over to the Talion chassis. I may be making a Frankencar here pretty soon with all the spares my buddy and I have lying around. At least get a roller going. We'll do some testing and report back.

My primary concern is the rotation of the servo, though the servo arms are the same part numbers between the two cars, but 90 degrees offset.

Edit: I'd be out if it was only the other two chassis. I'm not terribly interested in reverting to a less balanced chassis. I've already got all of my upgraded braces and everything.
Dingo. Yes, center dogbones are just reversed. The new rotated servo design on the Talion works well (servo does not flex in mount). I agree, if upgrading, 7075 is the most important thing. However, I also want the newest and latest chassis design (which is the V3 Talion chassis).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back