Talion PSM high end parts for Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dingo. Yes, center dogbones are just reversed. The new rotated servo design on the Talion works well (servo does not flex in mount). I agree, if upgrading, 7075 is the most important thing. However, I also want the newest and latest chassis design (which is the V3 Talion chassis).

The reason the servo mount doesn't flex as much is because its much beefier than before not the position it sits. And why would you focus on the v3 Talion chassis....it may be the latest but its the only one.......the Kraton V1, V2 and V3 is on the old chassis and is not going to change and there are thousands of V1 and V2 Talions out there where there are hardly any V3's in comparison......makes no business sense.....you would surely sell more of the old chassis!.......or am i missing something?

Last edited:
The reason the servo mount doesn't flex as much is because its much beefier than before not the position it sits. And why would you focus on the v3 Talion chassis....it may be the latest but its the only one.......the Kraton V1, V2 and V3 is on the old chassis and is not going to change and there are thousands of V1 and V2 Talions out there where there are hardly any V3's in comparison......makes no business sense.....you would surely sell more of the old chassis!.......or am i missing something?

The servo mount was indeed improved over older versions, but the rotation/torque of the servo is in a different location. Additionally, this allows weight to be transferred to a more central location on the chassis.

What you're missing is that I wouldn't purchase a Kraton/Talionv1/2 chassis in that it is less balanced, and I already have chassis braces from Voltage Hobbies, as well as chassis protection stickers that match my current chassis design. Replacing them to move to a less balanced design is not something I'm interested in.

I totally understand that this likely means I'd never see an updated chassis since it seems people are trying to push pretty hard to get other designs in place in lieu of the one originally discussed. I've accepted it, and may still purchase other parts if they became available. My Kraton is just there to use when my Talion is down, so I really don't have any intention of dumping money into it.

In regards to why you would use a better balanced chassis, I ask the question of "Why would you choose to use a design that is clearly inferior?"

The servo mount was indeed improved over older versions, but the rotation/torque of the servo is in a different location. Additionally, this allows weight to be transferred to a more central location on the chassis.

What you're missing is that I wouldn't purchase a Kraton/Talionv1/2 chassis in that it is less balanced, and I already have chassis braces from Voltage Hobbies, as well as chassis protection stickers that match my current chassis design. Replacing them to move to a less balanced design is not something I'm interested in.

I totally understand that this likely means I'd never see an updated chassis since it seems people are trying to push pretty hard to get other designs in place in lieu of the one originally discussed. I've accepted it, and may still purchase other parts if they became available. My Kraton is just there to use when my Talion is down, so I really don't have any intention of dumping money into it.

In regards to why you would use a better balanced chassis, I ask the question of "Why would you choose to use a design that is clearly inferior?"

What do you need the perfectly balanced chassis for???? Racing??.....Arrma are all about bashing, my V1 drives and jumps beautifully.....why would i need all the electronics moved back slightly? I thought this was about a company producing and selling quality parts.....and if said part was going to be a chassis and you want to make money, why pick the V3 chassis?

What do you need the perfectly balanced chassis for???? Racing??

I want the best possible piece of gear. Why would I downgrade when I intentionally purchased a better item with my car? You seem to have disregarded the fact that I have my chassis braces, bumpers, skidplates, and chassis protector stickers for the V3.

.....Arrma are all about bashing, my V1 drives and jumps beautifully.....why would i need all the electronics moved back slightly?

I'm glad that you're happy with your V1. I don't care for my Kraton as much as my Talion, so I would prefer the better balanced chassis. This is personal preference, and I can't speak to how you feel about your vehicle. I prefer the way my Talion jumps compared to my Kraton. Again, why would I downgrade to something that I don't care for? That would be a terrible waste of money.

I thought this was about a company producing and selling quality parts.....and if said part was going to be a chassis and you want to make money, why pick the V3 chassis?

They are producing quality parts. This why you would pick the V3 chassis. Even Arrma designed it to be an improvement.

I want the best possible piece of gear. Why would I downgrade when I intentionally purchased a better item with my car? You seem to have disregarded the fact that I have my chassis braces, bumpers, skidplates, and chassis protector stickers for the V3.

I'm glad that you're happy with your V1. I don't care for my Kraton as much as my Talion, so I would prefer the better balanced chassis. This is personal preference, and I can't speak to how you feel about your vehicle. I prefer the way my Talion jumps compared to my Kraton. Again, why would I downgrade to something that I don't care for? That would be a terrible waste of money.

They are producing quality parts. This why you would pick the V3 chassis. Even Arrma designed it to be an improvement.

I understand what you are saying.....i was just looking at it from a business point of view, i wasn't trying rain on your parade. If i had a small business and i could only produce one of them for whatever reason i would pick the one that has five vehicles running that platform instead of the chassis that only has one.

Who knows, maybe they have the means to produce all 3 of the chassis that Arrma 1/8th stuff have been using for the past few years..

Alternatively there is the option of using the Team Durango DEX8T chassis, its 7075 grade but requires a lot of the Durango stuff as well....Might be a bit of a hassle with parts.

Alternatively there is the option of using the Team Durango DEX8T chassis, its 7075 grade but requires a lot of the Durango stuff as well....Might be a bit of a hassle with parts.

I would think it would be way too much work, money, time, and parts required to use a Team Durango chassis on a Kraton, older Talion. Also TD parts are now hard to get. I understand your comments about business sense and Arrma is a basher, but agree with Dingo, why not use the "newer updated and better balanced chassis" if we can even get PSM to make a 7075 chassis. The only thing you would need to get is a new front/rear chassis braces and everything on a V1/V2 or V1-V3 Kraton should just as easily transfer over to the new 7075 Talion chassis. Although the Talion and Kraton both have the new beefier designed servo mounts, the rotated servo design on the Talion definitely makes a difference. The Kraton servo still flexes a bit, but the Talion servo does not flex. I would not want to downgrade this...

Ok guys, I finally sent what we had to PSM & this was Stefan's reply. I've removed most of my message to PSM, as would be too much to read & obviously, I'm not very good at short hand, as most of you know.

Thank you so much Rod, for all the hard work you have put into this.
We also really appreciate your help, getting our name out to the Arrma users!

I have added my comments below :

Summed up quickly:
We really love to make some parts for Arrma cars! But we are also very very busy other projects. This does not mean we don’t want to make parts for you, I just want you not to be disappointed if this project is starting somewhat slowly.
So I would suggest making a kind of poll, where everybody can vote for the products and we can see which one has the biggest interest or we could do very fast.

That's great news! We understand a lot of Arrma users don’t know about us or our products as we are focused on racing parts only. However, I also think if they see with how many passion and quality we design and produce in our products, they will like the parts for sure.

I can understand the excitement and what is more exciting as using aerospace grade materials for rc car option parts? :

We are working with carbon for over 15 years now and we are experienced enough to design the parts for maximum durability.
But we also know that carbon is not unbreakable and we can not guarantee it will work out for everybody, as we never know which stress it is exposed to. (like doing a backflip wrong and impact around the front end area.)
For sure it helps that the shock tower will be covered by the body!

Titanium shock towers is something we won’t do, because it will be way to expensive and we are looking to keeps the costs at a reasonable level for our customers.

7075-T6 Aluminum shock towers are no problem for us, but always require a little higher batch quantity compared to carbon parts due to higher machine setup costs.

From what I see, we could make thick carbon fiber braces for the wing mount, along with some aluminum spacers. That would help a lot and we don’t need make the mount completely out of aluminum.

No problem about the 7075 chassis. Basically, we just need to get a reasonable amount if interest, ideally pre-orders for it.
It can be light, strong and good looking at the same time, so no problem here :

This was Stefan's reply to me asking him what he needs for one of us to scan parts:

That's pretty easy, no coins need to be involved. I just need to know the diameter of a random hole, so we can scale it down. Awesome would be also, to have the dimensions of the scan size settings. (for example, is Germany usually A4 - 210x297mm)

So basically, we need the scan to be as sharp as possible from one side (if it has countersinks, then both sides) with the holes as visible as possible and the part thickness.

No Problem about the titanium pillow balls! We would use our own design for them, including an outside hex instead the inside hex on the ball. This allows you to make full use of our quick-change shims and adjusting the camber, without taking the wheels off!
We need to have a sample or proper engineered drawing to make sure everything works out smooth.

Well looks very positive to me and we should be able to get PSM on board. They were not interested when I first contacted them, but PSM definitely now seems interested. Let's get on this great opportunity and take a poll as he requested and then hopefully someone can scan some parts that we want made.

Last edited:
If there is going to be a vote for parts, here are my votes......

3 chassis to cover all Talion, Kraton, Typhon, senton and outcast models

Thats all i think we are missing, all the other aftermarket companies have everything else pretty much covered.

If there is going to be a vote for parts, here are my votes......

3 chassis to cover all Talion, Kraton, Typhon, senton and outcast models

Thats all i think we are missing, all the other aftermarket companies have everything else pretty much covered.
What about pivot balls, V3 Talion shock towers, carbon fiber, titanium, milled & lightened 7075 parts, etc, etc. No reputable companies makes any of this? I'm trying to get PSM on board to make Arrma parts, so I was hoping for a bit more enthusiasm than "we only need a chassis, as everything else pretty much covered". PSM makes some really nice aftermarket parts, etc, and they use very high end materials, and have excellent customer service. Considering the Arrma court situation and many other companies reluctance to make Arrma parts rights now, we cannot miss this opportunity.

What about pivot balls, V3 Talion shock towers, carbon fiber, titanium, milled & lightened 7075 parts, etc, etc. No reputable companies makes any of this? I'm trying to get PSM on board to make Arrma parts, so I was hoping for a bit more enthusiasm than "we only need a chassis, as everything else pretty much covered". PSM makes some really nice aftermarket parts, etc, and they use very high end materials, and have excellent customer service. Considering the Arrma court situation and many other companies reluctance to make Arrma parts rights now, we cannot miss this opportunity.
For myself, I would say chassis, titanium pivot balls and hinge pins. I don't have a Talion so the shock towers aren't of interest to me. I don't really care about weight too much so I personally wouldn't have an interest in carbon fiber components. Voltage already makes 7075 fully machined shock towers for my Kraton and Typhon but not for my Senton.

Apologies for missing the thread a few days. Thank you for reaching out and being a conduit for this conversation.

Regarding what I am willing to plunk down, even on a pre-order. I'd be looking at the following.

• Pillow Ball Sets x3
  • CF/Alternate Kraton Shock Tower x2
  • CF/Alternate Talion Shock Tower x2
  • CF Wing Mounts (Low or Regular Profile) x4
  • V3 Talion Chassis x2
  • Kraton Chassis x2
  • Hinge Pin Pairs (8 Pairs Total)
I know we'd discussed more overall, but I only have a few moments to write up this response. Wanted to assure I wasn't ghosting on this possibility.

I'm going to be building a bit of a Talion/Kraton hybrid here in the next month or two, so I'd love to have some quality parts to put on it.

They asked for a vote......i voted for the three chassis's......that's what i would most like to see as there are no 7075 chassis options for the range......i would maybe go for pivot balls also a 7075 bulkhead would be nice but i still think we are pretty well covered for other parts. Voltage and GKA both provide quality aluminium parts and you can source carbon parts in Germany.

I just wanted the opportunity get my hands on something which is currently not available....

you should get them to make extended shock towers to fit more body options and so arrma fans can change to the square body post like the ones on a tmaxx cause they are way stronger. I made a custom aluminum bracket to do this on mine to fit the panel body that I have but I have not taken any pictures cause I don't want people to copy me and sport the same body lol but I guess its better for the arrma community cause itd be sweet to see more custom body fits that don't just fold when you land upside down from 30 feet like I'm sure all us arrma fans do!!!

you should get them to make extended shock towers to fit more body options and so arrma fans can change to the square body post like the ones on a tmaxx cause they are way stronger. I made a custom aluminum bracket to do this on mine to fit the panel body that I have but I have not taken any pictures cause I don't want people to copy me and sport the same body lol but I guess its better for the arrma community cause itd be sweet to see more custom body fits that don't just fold when you land upside down from 30 feet like I'm sure all us arrma fans do!!!
This sounds pretty specific and possibly "only" for a few members. I gather this is just to use a Panel Truck or SUV body on a Outcast/Kraton & do you mean "just a taller rear" shock tower? If yes, this would just add unnecessary weight, as just use longer body posts? I will not even waste PSM's time with something that goes against what they are all about, and there are definitely against adding extra weight, especially for no apparent reason.

I'm trying to get a great company like PSM on board to make some real nice aftermarket parts for Arrma, using high end materials such as 7075-T6 aluminum, carbon fiber (they have 15 years experience on this), and even titanium. Arrma does not have an aftermarket company like PSM making high end parts yet, so we are going to need to show more support for some of the "same parts". Besides some V3 Talion specific parts (carbon fiber or 7075 shock towers), the interchangeable parts (that will fit Kraton, Outcast, etc) hopefully will include titanium pivot balls, hardened lower hinge pins w/corrosion protection, a 7075 chassis, etc. We need to clearly vote for some of the same parts that quite a few Arrma members want, so PSM knows they will have "enough support" to actually start making some Arrma upgrade parts. I WILL GO BACK TO PSM AND ASK THEM TO MAKE SOME OF THESE PARTS, BUT ONLY WHEN I KNOW WE HAVE ENOUGH SUPPORT ON THIS FORUM TO ACTUALLY MAKE IT WORTH THEIR WHILE. PLEASE CLEARLY SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR SOME OF THE PARTS ALREADY MENTIONED, OR WE MAY MISS THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY. ENOUGH SAID!

Last edited:
You should name this thread what i want made for my talion because every time someone mentions a part tgats not for a talion you basically throw it out the window. On a side note i have a talion 2 kratons and an outcast that all sport gka or voltage hobbies upgrades wich are strong with vert good machine work done. Weight isnt really a concern for most people on this forum because we are bashers. Tgats what arrmas are for. It sounds like you just want people to want what you want which isnt at all realistic.

You should name this thread what i want made for my talion because every time someone mentions a part tgats not for a talion you basically throw it out the window. On a side note i have a talion 2 kratons and an outcast that all sport gka or voltage hobbies upgrades wich are strong with vert good machine work done. Weight isnt really a concern for most people on this forum because we are bashers. Tgats what arrmas are for. It sounds like you just want people to want what you want which isnt at all realistic.

Yeah if its not for the v3 Talion he seems to think its a bad idea, i would champion all 3 current chassis's that cover all Kratons, Talions and the swb cars.... but because 2 of the chassis's are older he thinks its a bad idea.........where if you owned PSM surely you would want to make all three......PSM would sell more that way and make more money. Why would we want or PSM want to make just the Talion V3 chassis?

Thanks Rtappy for your great comments. Seriously, what did I throw out the window besides not willing to waste my time or PSM 's time on asking them to make "longer" shock towers ? And this is just for one person so they can use shorter body posts? Really? The only other thing I and other members debated about was whether to use the V3 Talion for a new 7075 chassis, or not. This is not just due to being Arrma's newest and latest design chassis, and a better balanced chassis, but mainly because it has a much better servo layout. I never questioned that GKA or Voltage Hobbies parts are not strong. I also know Arrma's are bashers, but some members realize, that you can add stronger parts and more durability without adding a bunch of unnecessary weight. Yes, weight does matter, as a heavier vehicle will break more parts, be harder on the motor, drivetrain, etc. Also weight can affect jumping, handling, power, etc. So yes, some knowledgeable members do care about weight, as it clearly does make a difference in many ways. I'll put my 8lb Talion against a 13-14lb overbuilt Kraton or MT anytime. FYG, I have a Kraton also, and this is not all about the Talion and what I want. How are better hinge pins and titanium pillowballs about wanting people to want what I want? These parts will fit every Arrma made, and I gathered this was something members would want and I just asked for a vote, nothing more.

This thread was only about trying to get a good company like PSM on board to make some really nice upgrade parts for Arrma. If you did not want another company making RC parts for Arrma, than why try and blow it for all the rest of us. A good motto to live by, is, if you don't have anything nice or knowledgeable to say, don't bother. Although I should not let your comments affect the good thing we have tried to start here, I will not waste anymore of mine or PSM's time, if this is what I receive back. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back