Public Safety Power Shutoff event THIS SUCKS!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard of this on the local news, I know it sucks to be without power, been there many times. I live in hurricane alley where we can go days, even weeks without power. A generator is a must to stay cool, have lights, and something to eat.

Anyone else affected by this stupid power outage in California? 500,000 plus without power to avoid possible fires. Been out since last night with no estimated restoration time. Been shopping with my phone for generators all night.
Did it prevent you from watching that epic Dodger collapse? ? If so, that's a good thing ?

Arrrgggg!!! PG and E cut out power AGAIN yesterday. Were out of power again for another 48 or so hours because of their new Public Safety Shutoff Events! Thankfully we finally bought a generator because PG and E's own words were "This is the new norm". So in other words get used to it. So I have extension cords running all over the house. But at least I can charge my Lipo's now!! (y) :);)

Arrrgggg!!! PG and E cut out power AGAIN yesterday. Were out of power again for another 48 or so hours because of their new Public Safety Shutoff Events! Thankfully we finally bought a generator because PG and E's own words were "This is the new norm". So in other words get used to it. So I have extension cords running all over the house. But at least I can charge my Lipo's now!! (y) :);)
Kind of defeats the purpose of the "fire safety power outage". lol!

Tons of people with fuel power generators running out in the dry lawns with 27 sketchy extension cords running through the dry grass into their homes.

Tons of people with fuel power generators running out in the dry lawns with 27 sketchy extension cords running through the dry grass into their homes.

Great point. Whats more of a hazard, PG and E's power lines, or the thousands of generators running? On my street alone theres at least one every other house. Mine is sitting on concrete, but with all the extension cords, surge protectors, and pigtails you never know.

Reason number 419 why I will never live in CA
420... everything gives you cancer in California.

heh heh... 420...
ovmBawN.jpg

Anyone else affected by this stupid power outage in California? 500,000 plus without power to avoid possible fires. Been out since last night with no estimated restoration time. Been shopping with my phone for generators all night.
If you can (and their not sold out) check Costco for a Champion 9500watt duel fuel generator. They work great.

Well I was born here, family here, etc. So not much of a choice. One thing that is great is the weather. That is until mother nature decides to blow and PG and E panics and shuts every ones power down. (n):poop::devilish:
If you can (and their not sold out) check Costco for a Champion 9500watt duel fuel generator. They work great.

Thanks. If you read above we already got one. 3500 watt and is working great so far. Almost all day yesterday and half of today and it had only used 2.5 gallons. Surprised me at how long it lasts.

Yup! This place sucks!!! Hopefully moving soon
Well I was born here, family here, etc. So not much of a choice. One thing that is great is the weather. That is until mother nature decides to blow and PG and E panics and shuts every ones power down. (n):poop::devilish:

Thanks. If you read above we already got one. 3500 watt and is working great so far. Almost all day yesterday and half of today and it had only used 2.5 gallons. Surprised me at how long it lasts.
Sorry... Just seen the post?

at least it’s not -30!

Exactly the 1st thing I thought of. In emergency situations like this people run out for generators but use a bunch of extension cords they already have to power all their stuff. Thin and underrated, accident waiting to happen.

Exactly the 1st thing I thought of. In emergency situations like this people run out for generators but use a bunch of extension cords they already have to power all their stuff. Thin and underrated, accident waiting to happen.
But that won’t be hydro providers problem though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back