Public service announcement!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Joe

Problems never solved, just rearranged
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
When trying to merge on the highway/freeways in your full size vehicles…please please stomp, yes I said stomp on the loud pedal A.K.A the skinny pedal on the right. Clearly u can NOT safely merge going 40mph when everyone is clearly going at least 75mph. 🤔
Sorry bout the early A.M rant

When trying to merge on the highway/freeways in your full size vehicles…please please stomp, yes I said stomp on the loud pedal A.K.A the skinny pedal on the right. Clearly u can NOT safely merge going 40mph when everyone is clearly going at least 75mph. 🤔
Glad to hear that you got through it and are able to rant about it.
Sh!t like that can be so dangerous. Bad drivers piss me off!

Glad to hear that you got through it and are able to rant about it.
Sh!t like that can be so dangerous. Bad drivers piss me off!
my road is the main roadway between two big cities and in on top of a hill
my father put up a radar on time durring summer and most people went 75 (in a 60)
the biggest was this guy who own a mold remediation place down the road and he has a lot of nice stuff but he was driving his built c7 corvette...
turns out he makes north of 800hp (ive seen the dyno sheet) and he hit 120 up our hill

I had to do this last night on the way home from dinner. The Mrs looked at me sideways for my lead foot, but I said it’s either I boogie and get out of the way, or slow down and stay in their way. I always appreciate the people that make an effort to get out and go.

Wait, I though you were supposed to slowly creep down the acceleration lane, then stop at the very end where it merges, then wait for a mile of clear space to merge?

At least, that is what folks do around here...
HERE TOO! Hate to talk bad about my peeps but Kauaians do not know what merge means!!! :mad:

Pretty much this:

133F01AB-69FA-490E-A32A-6EB0367FA41E.png

Just wanted to add to this..

It's NOT the responsibility of the people on the highway already to slow down for your slow dumb A$$ merging on!!! Some will be courteous and move over for you, others will NOT so it's up to YOU to either get up to speed or get the HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

Thanks Joe! For getting my blood pressure up before I'm even driving yet.. :LOL:

Just a side note since we are on this subject..

DO NOT go into the left lane on the HWY unless you are passing someone OR going faster than everyone! Otherwise, I will be up your A$$ deeper than a proctologist with no lube!

Thanks,
Nitro.

Some years back (yes I'm old), I was a class A driver...imagine all of the mentioned happening while behind the wheel of a Peterbilt. :mad:
My cousin who lives in Vegas and is still a class A driver just rolled a tanker after being cut off on the freeway. New underwear moment I'm sure!

I hear what you're saying..

However when those "everyone" is going 75+MPH in the right lane -next to the on-ramp AND the said on ramp is only 200ft or so long, there's NO time to accelerate up to 75MPH "to merge safely", Not everyone drives a Porsche, Corvette, Lambo etc etc..

A bit of courtesy by others to allow folks onto the highway doesn't cost them anything.
Coming onto the highway via the on-ramp should Not be taken as someone trying to cut you off.
Just sayin'

Just wanted to add to this..

It's NOT the responsibility of the people on the highway already to slow down for your slow dumb A$$ merging on!!! Some will be courteous and move over for you, others will NOT so it's up to YOU to either get up to speed or get the HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

Thanks Joe! For getting my blood pressure up before I'm even driving yet.. :LOL:

Just a side note since we are on this subject..

DO NOT go into the left lane on the HWY unless you are passing someone OR going faster than everyone! Otherwise, I will be up your A$$ deeper than a proctologist with no lube!

Thanks,
Nitro.

Again, the on-ramp of a highway usually doesn't have a detour by-past lane, it's sends you right into the highway 100% of the time.
Some may have a long stretch of road to give low-power vehicles the chance to accelerate up to merging speeds, but most on-ramps do Not...
Plus, Not everyone drives fast cars.

These days, I see LOTS of drivers who would actually Deliberately SPEED UP (AND they are already going Faster than the posted speeds) to cutoff/prevent normal drivers from getting in front of them while just trying to Merge onto the highway..
What's that all about!?

These days, I see LOTS of drivers who would actually Deliberately SPEED UP (AND they are already going Faster than the posted speeds) to cutoff/prevent normal drivers from getting in front of them while just trying to Merge onto the highway..
What's that all about!?

That right there is what's called an a$$hole.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back