Public service announcement!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I stomped on it once to merge onto the highway with speeding traffic well over the posted limit, even knowing State PD was behind me. Wouldn't you know it. He stopped me for speeding.:mad:
Let me off the hook with a verbal warning, but stood there and lectured me. A newb. Even though he knew what I did for a living. The same thing!:unsure:

Yeah I stomped on it once to merge onto the highway with speeding traffic well over the posted limit, even knowing State PD was behind me. Wouldn't you know it. He stopped me for speeding.:mad:
Let me off the hook with a verbal warning, but stood there and lectured me. A newb. Even though he knew what I did for a living. The same thing!:unsure:
Was that his justification after finding out lol? Were you supposed to get squashed merging into speeding traffic? Jeezzz... :rolleyes::mad: That kind of stop boils my blood..

I even worked with a few guys like that. Bad apples wherever you go in life. No matter the job.
PO's like that are usually cowards. They wear the badge for the wrong reasons. A verbal warning with Courtesy is one thing, but the lecture wasn't warranted. Made him look even more stupid. He had no body cam, so I don't know what his point was. He was preaching to the wrong Choir.:LOL:

Last edited:
Wait, I though you were supposed to slowly creep down the acceleration lane, then stop at the very end where it merges, then wait for a mile of clear space to merge?

At least, that is what folks do around
Some years back (yes I'm old), I was a class A driver...imagine all of the mentioned happening while behind the wheel of a Peterbilt. :mad:
My cousin who lives in Vegas and is still a class A driver just rolled a tanker after being cut off on the freeway. New underwear moment I'm sure!
I could not imagine be a tractor trailer driver today…I would definitely push someone off the road 😜

I even worked with a few guys like that. Bad apples wherever you go in life. No matter the job.
PO's like that are usually cowards. They wear the badge for the wrong reasons. A verbal warning with Courtesy is one thing, but the lecture wasn't warranted. Made him look even more stupid. He had no body cam, so I don't know what his point was. He was preaching to the wrong Chior.:LOL:

Troopers gonna troop. It isn't just in NY - OSHP will write their mothers given the opportunity.

I could not imagine be a tractor trailer driver today…I would definitely push someone off the road 😜
No doubt! I cant see myself driving today...either by accident or on purpose someone would get swiped!😜 kidding!

Try pulling that 💩 off on a Houston freeway and see what happens!
Never had a problem with anyone driving on I-10, nice, fast and a bit crazy :)
Then you will not want to come to Jacksonville FL. The Asshole factor is high a the blue hairs are thick
+1 they're Nuts down there I agree
These days, I see LOTS of drivers who would actually Deliberately SPEED UP (AND they are already going Faster than the posted speeds) to cutoff/prevent normal drivers from getting in front of them while just trying to Merge onto the highway..
What's that all about!?
Just A$$holes, nothing more

When trying to merge on the highway/freeways in your full size vehicles…please please stomp, yes I said stomp on the loud pedal A.K.A the skinny pedal on the right. Clearly u can NOT safely merge going 40mph when everyone is clearly going at least 75mph. 🤔
Sorry bout the early A.M rant
I can't stomp it - especially in the salt and snow - or my rear will go sideways. Thus this advice only applies for those with fwd, AWD, or less than 400 whp.

I can't stomp it - especially in the salt and snow - or my rear will go sideways. Thus this advice only applies for those with fwd, AWD, or less than 400 whp.
If there is snow, no one is going fast to begin with... You have plenty of time to get up to speed OR faster than current traffic to merge on unless someone going slow is in front of you but nice try! :LOL:

If there is snow, no one is going fast to begin with... You have plenty of time to get up to speed OR faster than current traffic to merge on unless someone going slow is in front of you but nice try! :LOL:
Oh trust me, I get up to speed. A quarter throttle in my car is going to accelerate faster than 95% of cars on the road at WOT (at least in my area).

Got pics and specs?
No pics, my car looks stock. 2015 BMW 335i fbo running e85, around 400 whp. Quarter mile best of 12.1 @ 117. Not the fastest car in the world, but a lot faster than most daily drivers put-putting around here in Cleveland.
No pics, my car looks stock. 2015 BMW 335i fbo running e85, around 400 whp. Quarter mile best of 12.1 @ 117. Not the fastest car in the world, but a lot faster than most daily drivers put-putting around here in Cleveland.
This is a recent pull on a narrow country road with snow tires and 4 cinder blocks in my trunk. Unfortunately did not have my draggy last summer for the 12.1

Screenshot_20220208-230638.png

This is a recent pull on a narrow country road with snow tires and 4 cinder blocks in my trunk. Unfortunately did not have my draggy last summer for the 12.1

View attachment 199620
Nice!

I'm currently waiting on my RS3, many plans for that car! Larger intercooler, down pipe, ECU flash ETC..

Nice!

I'm currently waiting on my RS3, many plans for that car! Larger intercooler, down pipe, ECU flash ETC..
Nice. I would love AWD but modern traction control, snow tires and weight in the trunk make RWD manageable here

I had to do this last night on the way home from dinner. The Mrs looked at me sideways for my lead foot, but I said it’s either I boogie and get out of the way, or slow down and stay in their way. I always appreciate the people that make an effort to get out and go.
I just love people that pull right in front of you then don’t bother to accelerate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back