Puffed lipo while connecting to esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The XT90 plug on the Lipo looks soldered right. Red is on the flat side of the Plug. (There is a mark on it -> +)
I expect that the Lipo cables is soldered right onto the cells. Red = + Black = -....
A loop is a loop, there you can't make something wrong.
On the ESC I can't see the connection, so I can't judge if its right.
Same question like Dustin Mustangs, same ESC like before?
If yes, so I fear the ESC is dead.....

Is this still the same esc that was hooked up backwards initially?
Sorry, forgot to mention it. Yes, it is the same esc. I wanted to check whether the esc is dead or alive.

The XT90 plug on the Lipo looks soldered right. Red is on the flat side of the Plug. (There is a mark on it -> +)
I expect that the Lipo cables is soldered right onto the cells. Red = + Black = -....
A loop is a loop, there you can't make something wrong.
On the ESC I can't see the connection, so I can't judge if its right.
Same question like Dustin Mustangs, same ESC like before?
If yes, so I fear the ESC is dead.....

I also have a brand new 185BLX escape that I am going to install. But now I am afraid if it will fry again. This time, I would like to confirm everything before even connecting the battery.

It's dead! :dead:

Hook the new one up and double check polarity at all connections. You should be good to go.
Got it, thanks! They said the only way to find out was to connect the battery to it.

I will mount the new esc and update you guys soon!

Last edited:
Update: the new esc works flawlessly! Had a blast with my new smc battery, thanks guys

In future,...
If you want to check the ESC for "toasted" situation, take a multimeter, set it on resistance.
If you measure now Plus and Minus of you're ESC, the resistance never had to be near Zero.
If you will have an low resistance mostly the ESC is damaged. But thats up to the mounted power transistors in the ESC.

Good luck with you're new ESC and wish al lot of fun!

View attachment 8820 Thanks everyone for their comments.

I have been busy lately and finally found a time to play with senton yesterday. I bought 6s SMC lipo (with xt90 connector on it!!) and fully charged it.

I plugged in the xt90 loop connector on one side of esc connector and connected the SMC lipo to the other connector.

?????!!!!!!!

The esc smoked again......this is the 2nd esc I fried. What did I do wrong this time.....?? This is very frustrating.

I'm not an expert on the Senton, I'll admit I've never even handled one, so please don't be offended by this question, but it it possible that the ESC on the Senton doesn't support 6s batteries? Or did it need to be programmed differently to handle 6s? It could just be extremely bad luck, but if you plugged it in correctly, I can't think of any reason for the ESC to smoke. Is it possible that the truck supports two 3s in parallel, which is not the same as a 6s (or two 3s in series)?

UPDATE: Not sure why the board didn't show me your other post, but please ignore this one and I'm glad it worked out for you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back