Outcast Pulled the trigger on an outcast 8s exb!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Really been wanting one of these beautiful beasts and decided it was time! All my parts including the truck are on order so now the wait for delivery begins.

Max 5 / 56113 800kv combo
Hobbystar large scale servo
going to start with 34/39 gearing
Qs8 connectors
4s 9000 mAh 100c batteries
Flysky gt5 remote will be paired with it

Hyped!!

what brand batteries did ya choose?

It will be a rocking rig!
I have always had pretty solid luck with Zee batteries even though I know they arent the best. So I decided for the price, the C rating and the high Mah is pretty solid. Plus I wanted a good run time.
Congrats.
Thank you 😁

I have always had pretty solid luck with Zee batteries even though I know they arent the best. So I decided for the price, the C rating and the high Mah is pretty solid. Plus I wanted a good run time.

Thank you 😁
I have some zee batteries...not the best, I'm sure, but hold their own ..... For the price I won't complain.....

Build thread?

Really been wanting one of these beautiful beasts and decided it was time! All my parts including the truck are on order so now the wait for delivery begins.

Qs8 connectors

Hyped!!
Very cool and looking forward to pics. Just wanted to mention that the 800kv HW is an 8mm shaft and the only pinions I was able to find are 8mm mod 1 on ebay. Have fun with your build.

EDIT: my experience is with the xmaxx spur and pinion so this may not be an issue with your Outcast. My apologies, I didn't think that far ahead.. :)
A better selection may very well be available for the Outcast.

Last edited:

Qs8 connectors

Hyped!!

Don't forget the m2c center brace ends if you plan on jumping it.. the front brace ends fail pretty quick after a couple decent sends..👍

Congrats on the new rig.. enjoy it..✌️

Very cool and looking forward to pics. Just wanted to mention that the 800kv HW is an 8mm shaft and the only pinions I was able to find are 8mm mod 1 on ebay. Have fun with your build.

EDIT: my experience is with the xmaxx spur and pinion so this may not be an issue with your Outcast. My apologies, I didn't think that far ahead.. :)
A better selection may very well be available for the Outcast.
Yessir! Thanks for looking out, but I bought a limitless spool for the pinion which is a 8mm bore mod 1 so I am good to go there.
Don't forget the m2c center brace ends if you plan on jumping it.. the front brace ends fail pretty quick after a couple decent sends..👍

Congrats on the new rig.. enjoy it..✌️
Thanks man! Yeah I was going to hold off and see how fast that might happen but probably better to just go ahead and have it ready or just throw it on prior to running. Going to do that now.
I have some zee batteries...not the best, I'm sure, but hold their own ..... For the price I won't complain.....

Build thread?
Next round will probably be some nicer ones but for now going to just roll with these

Yessir! Thanks for looking out, but I bought a limitless spool for the pinion which is a 8mm bore mod 1 so I am good to go there.

Thanks man! Yeah I was going to hold off and see how fast that might happen but probably better to just go ahead and have it ready or just throw it on prior to running. Going to do that now.

Next round will probably be some nicer ones but for now going to just roll with these
Awesome, I ran into this issue building my Xmaxx and 8mm, mod 1 pinions are a bit hard to find to matchup to the X spur type but then I found a bunch on ebay. It is a whole different spur on the X so I'm glad it's going to work out for you.
The Outcast will be my next build and I am really looking forward to it.

She has arrived! Motor and esc tomorrow. Servo hopefully tomorrow 🙏🏼🙏🏼 but still says Monday delivery sadly. This thing is so beautiful, so evil looking. Can't wait to rip

AF74E010-AB76-4B08-8FF4-6D1291573F60.jpeg

72E78EF9-B180-4CDF-94FA-63C51B0B47A5.jpeg

One nice looking outcast, murdered out in black. Not as big as I thought it would be
Well that is a stretched typhon so a normal one would make it bigger looking. But the pictures don't do it justice really. Thing is huge lol.

How have you been liking the OC8s?

Honest thoughts? Would you purchase again if you could go back?
Just highly depends if you want to lug it around and if you consider yourself someone who lands correctly consistently. She has taken some bad landings though much to my surprise. But I do love it and what's really nice about it is when you run the 6s trucks they obviously do great over various terrains but they still get affected a lot by bumps and dips and what not. The 8s just floats across everything. It laughs at bumps. Driving it across the field I drive in just feels amazing because it just goes. Even in tall grass that's as tall or taller than the truck it just pile drives through. Heck I even drove it straight into a curb that I couldn't see because the grass was covering it and it just bounced up and landed and I kept going. And then jumping is so smooth partly because you don't bottom out so much when hitting a ramp and you can hit jumps differently because of the size. And the fact that you can make it pretty easily go 60+ is so satisfying because of the size. It is a hell of a lot of fun.

But of course you do still have to consider that it's about 30 pounds so landing wrong can be bad. I have only broken a shock rod end and also somehow broke the huge hinge pin that goes through the rear wheel hub. I haven't driven it in awhile because the last time I did it had some clicking going on and then I got a limitless and I have been all in on that lately. But I have a week off for Christmas so I'm going to get the beast healthy again.

It's an animal and it's a ton of fun and it opens up the option to go over stuff and jump stuff that you might not be able to with 6s trucks. I haven't sent it super hard or anything so idk how you would be jumping it or not but like anything else it will break.

I would buy it again

Just highly depends if you want to lug it around and if you consider yourself someone who lands correctly consistently. She has taken some bad landings though much to my surprise. But I do love it and what's really nice about it is when you run the 6s trucks they obviously do great over various terrains but they still get affected a lot by bumps and dips and what not. The 8s just floats across everything. It laughs at bumps. Driving it across the field I drive in just feels amazing because it just goes. Even in tall grass that's as tall or taller than the truck it just pile drives through. Heck I even drove it straight into a curb that I couldn't see because the grass was covering it and it just bounced up and landed and I kept going. And then jumping is so smooth partly because you don't bottom out so much when hitting a ramp and you can hit jumps differently because of the size. And the fact that you can make it pretty easily go 60+ is so satisfying because of the size. It is a hell of a lot of fun.

But of course you do still have to consider that it's about 30 pounds so landing wrong can be bad. I have only broken a shock rod end and also somehow broke the huge hinge pin that goes through the rear wheel hub. I haven't driven it in awhile because the last time I did it had some clicking going on and then I got a limitless and I have been all in on that lately. But I have a week off for Christmas so I'm going to get the beast healthy again.

It's an animal and it's a ton of fun and it opens up the option to go over stuff and jump stuff that you might not be able to with 6s trucks. I haven't sent it super hard or anything so idk how you would be jumping it or not but like anything else it will break.

I would buy it again
I have been thinking about getting a 8s outcast exb just that it looks amazing. I wouldn't even mind it being a shelf queen however I'm worried about the parts as 1/5th scale is more rare. Have you done much modification

I have been thinking about getting a 8s outcast exb just that it looks amazing. I wouldn't even mind it being a shelf queen however I'm worried about the parts as 1/5th scale is more rare. Have you done much modification
Only things I have done are M2C center brace ends and of course motor/esc/servo/receiver. If you want one for being a shelf queen then I would say get it for sure and take it out every now and then because it is truly a different experience than the other trucks. You might end up being surprised at how durable it is. I was nervous to get one because I always hear people complaining about the A arms and I haven't had a problem.

Look into the Zeee premium lipos. The premium ones are really nice. I got a couple of the hardcase 9000+mah 120c for my dbxl+SRR and they have been great. I think they were around $150-$180 for the pair. I've been really happy with both the regular Zeee and these premium packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back