Senton Punch and Brake settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I'm asking everybody here about their punch and brake settings to get an idea how people setup their rigs,
Trying to understand mid air control a bit better... I know factory setting is punch 3 and brake 4 62.5%...

Also what spec your running, stock tires or modded etc and what your using, BRCC, Granite, Senton, Typhon..

It would be cool if everybody could post their settings so people can see and try different setups..?

My setup currently is punch max level 5 and my brake is still factory setting level 4..

On my Kraton I run between 50% brake and the lower setting, depending on what I'm doing, I found the lower setting better for in the air, it doesn't slam the nose down. Just don't forget the car won't stop well. I run usually 6s with punch set to 4 and 15T pinion. My car is pretty stock besides some braces and strengthening upgrades, the motor and esc are stock. Tyres are usually Backflip's. Diff's 10,000 f 100,000 c and 10,000 r. Shocks are 80w all round. The car is heavy over stock due to extra bumpers and stuff.

Come on guys and girls, I know you all have these trucks..!!!

This forum is all about learning new things, and I'm not learning anything..??

Where are you all with your words of wisdom..??

I could make something up, but it wouldn't help. You might need to repeat the question, i think that sometimes these posts get lost in the mountains of data.

For my Brcc, Full Punch and 50% Brake with These tires, with 11T Pinion

And my notorious I run 6 Punch and 50% brake w/ Stock tires, 12T Pinion I think...

I'll post as soon as I find out :)
Looking to change them next ride
Got mine used, it's probably stock settings

Punch really depends on your fine motor skills. there is no reason not to set it to highest if you control the accelaration with your finger.

Breaking is more complex and it really depends on the gearing. I like to set it so i get maximum breaking at around 70%-80% of the throttle range. The reason is that way i don't accidentally put it into reverse if i break twice.
So to setup the breaking to be this way is dependent on the gearing or wheel size.

Good post. I've been wondering the same thing. I did my very first back flips with my Nortorious yesterday, on my new plastic ramps. Having different settings will definitely effect how you can control it in the air. Waiting to hear more responses, especially from some of the jump kings!

Punch really depends on your fine motor skills. there is no reason not to set it to highest if you control the accelaration with your finger.

Breaking is more complex and it really depends on the gearing. I like to set it so i get maximum breaking at around 70%-80% of the throttle range. The reason is that way i don't accidentally put it into reverse if i break twice.
So to setup the breaking to be this way is dependent on the gearing or wheel size.

Do you own an Outcast/Notorious? Try that truck on 6s with the punch at max. Good luck ?

I've got a Granite 4x4 converted to brushless with a 4300kv Tekin Pro4HD in it, and I think it is on the 17t pinion. The tires are Trenchers, and it is running on some fairly beefy 2S batteries. At the moment, I have the punch on the ESC turned all the way down (ESC is an RX8 Gen 2) as I'm still testing things. I didn't mess with the braking, so that is set to around 50%, and if I go full brake it will do a front flip. It does bring the nose of the truck right down when it is in the air, but its easy to over do it and end up taking a nose dive. Even with the punch at the lowest setting, I still get some wheel hop going full throttle on concrete from a dead stop, so it isn't exactly weak. However, it does make bringing the nose up while in the air sluggish. I don't think I would bother pushing the punch all the way up to the top as the truck is traction limited already, but I do plan to raise it some to make aerial control better. I'll probably bring the braking down a notch or two as well since the extra power isn't helping me right now.

One thing I've noticed is that my granite is cogging quite alot, I've seen and read posts on here that say its pretty standard for the stock esc/motor combo..

Would changing the punch setting affect that..??

I'm running stock esc/motor with 18T and 2.8" Badlands...??

@bicketybam what pinion do you run in your BRCC as I see your running the same wheels as me..??

One thing I've noticed is that my granite is cogging quite alot, I've seen and read posts on here that say its pretty standard for the stock esc/motor combo..

Would changing the punch setting affect that..??

I'm running stock esc/motor with 18T and 2.8" Badlands...??

@bicketybam what pinion do you run in your BRCC as I see your running the same wheels as me..??

I was running an18T and the stock setup cogged badly. The Max10 SCT that I'm running now cogs almost as badly. I went back to a 15t.

I was just wondering this exact same thing this weekend while I was working on my mid-air control. I am not sure what my setting are, but I think I have one truck set for to much brake. It seems to drop the nose when I get off the throttle. I will have to check my settings and report back.

I was just wondering this exact same thing this weekend while I was working on my mid-air control. I am not sure what my setting are, but I think I have one truck set for to much brake. It seems to drop the nose when I get off the throttle. I will have to check my settings and report back.
Will the brake setting effect the neutral?

no. only a drag break setting can do that, but this is one of the settings that the Arrma branded ESC's don't have compared to the hobby wing. So it can only be related if he changed the ESC from stock.

no. only a drag break setting can do that, but this is one of the settings that the Arrma branded ESC's don't have compared to the hobby wing. So it can only be related if he changed the ESC from stock.
So this is a throttle control issue (to hattrick300 comment)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back