Typhon Punch setting 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Has anyone did the setting for punch 9 yet curious how that turned out. Is it worth doing for bashing Or only speed runs and does motor temps go up.

All stock gearing, all hot racing diffs are shimmed

I didn't mess with the punch setting on my Kraton, it's too quick for the stock tires anyway.

Punch doesn't affect top speed and lower punch makes for smoother acceleration so for speed runs lower may be better.

thats all it does, I thought it made for quicker smoother acceleration
Yeah, it just smoothens your throttle input. Level 1 is completely smoothened out and level 9 is just raw input, exactly like your transmitter input. Doesn't affect speed or acceleration. I believe it slows down tire wear since it will accelerate more smoothly.

It limits how much initial power is supplied when you apply the throttle.

On my outcast, I had to set it pretty high as it seemed to "hesitate" more than limit the power. I didn't care for the feel of it. I didn't notice it as much when running 4S and had it set to 5 then. When I started running 6S, it would hesitate when I didn't want hesitation, like on the face of a jump. I think I have it at 8 now. I expected it to be a gradual limitation. Either it's too gradual with the blx185 or I just don't like how it works. lol!

Its basically an amp limiter. I turned it down to just one at first and I felt that it really helped drivability on the loose.

The BLX185 is a bit limited in power delivery by how the amp limiter ramps down being fixed... and unfortunately cannot be altered.
With some other escs you can set rpm points that the amp limiter ramps down to and set 'overboost' rpm points for totally adjustable power delivery characteristics.

Unnecessary for bashing but would be really cool to play with these settings if trying to better a personal best track time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back