Kraton Punch setting 9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_k6s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hiii im wanting to turn up the punch setting its currently on 4, will turning up the punch setting damage my car in any way? Its a stock v4 6s kraton..

Many thanks

I d
Hiii im wanting to turn up the punch setting its currently on 4, will turning up the punch setting damage my car in any way? Its a stock v4 6s kraton..

Many thanks
don't think it will harm the rig at all just more power. If it breaks it probably OPs doing.got my rigs at max punch

Yeah, I think the answer is: it depends. The setting controls the rate at which the esc delivers current to your motor when you punch the throttle, which means more motor torque. This will put more stress on your drivetrain, that's just physics. The question will it handle it, totally depends on how much you punch the throttle on high traction surfaces, on landings, etc.

I shattered a number of rear diff sun gears and cross pins at punch 9, and dropped it since then. but I've also rebuilt my diffs with better shims so I suspect I wouldn't have that issue, but I haven't gone past punch 6 since.

Trigger finger control and you should be ok. Personally I’d only move up a couple of setting and test and practice. Or nail it and wrench when needed.
This is good advice imo

Many thanks
Increase from 4 to 6 and enjoy...then see how an increase to 7 acts, etc......the physics has been explained quite well by others.....

they are built Arrma tough, but going wide open pedal to the metal maxed out will stress any rig more,and increase the chance of damage to drivetrain, wear and tear, etc...

But it's a BLAST doin it!!

But no, just turning up the punch in and of itself will not damage the rig

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back