Punch Setting blx100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguywnewtoy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I was gonna ask if anyone knew how to set the punch setting on my Senton BLX, but I found the video that explains it, https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/punch-setting.19345/ . My question now is, what's recommended for just bashing or racing? Is the higher setting more prone to doing damage to the drivetain?

Yes if you go punch 5 you risk popping u-joints or burning up the slipper. If you have throttle control, you can also avoid this even on P5. But for new guys that’s a bit hard to fight the impulse to floor it. ???

Yes if you go punch 5 you risk popping u-joints or burning up the slipper. If you have throttle control, you can also avoid this even on P5. But for new guys that’s a bit hard to fight the impulse to floor it. ???
Kinda what I thought, thanks.

I was just about to ask about punch setting for speed runs. Is a lower setting better or will it hurt your top speed. I have it on 4 on my granite and if i stab the throttle too fast it will lift the front end instantly. Lol

I was just about to ask about punch setting for speed runs. Is a lower setting better or will it hurt your top speed. I have it on 4 on my granite and if i stab the throttle too fast it will lift the front end instantly. Lol
Yeah it’s hard to “speed run” any truck. You really have to get it so low to the ground before you can really get much speed. Even at 45mph, my Typhon 3S would wheelie with GRP tires before I got it slammed.

The granite does the same! With the stock pinion on 3s i got 49 mph. I put a 20t to see what it will do for fun but I’ve haven’t been able to get a clean run. 51 mph currently ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back