Senton Purchase Advice Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if you can swap bodies out on a typhon? I can not find any aftermarket custom bodies ie; changing the body to a truck or jeep style. Or is a buggy strictly a buggy
If it’s the Typhon 3S then yes you can use the BRCC body with the BRCC body posts. You will have to remove the wing.

You could also modify a Granite body by cutting out the rear tailgate area. This would allow you to keep the wing.

9CB1BE7E-1862-40B6-B9CB-20925BD9C26D.jpeg

What about just getting a Granite?

Personally I was looking at the Senton or Kraton when picking an RC car. I ended up getting the Senton because I liked the looks better, but in terms of long chassis and decent handling the two were similar. BRCC is another option, though I personally really don't like the look.
The typhon 3s for the track and the Senton 3s (LWB chassis) with Granite tires for bashing.
This combo (son-father), from our experiences, is hard to beat for the price + mods/track capacity.
Welcome here Coss
Nice pics - did you have to cut the body at all to fit the Granite wheels/tyres? I have a set of Granite wheels to fit to my Senton 3s, and bought a second body because I thought it would need to be cut, but yours doesn't look like it has been?

If i understand correctly the Typhon is closest to Senton which was my goal to have something a little different than my son's but still similar. I do like to modify and change things over time and really like the look of a truck body.
If it’s the Typhon 3S then yes you can use the BRCC body with the BRCC body posts. You will have to remove the wing.

You could also modify a Granite body by cutting out the rear tailgate area. This would allow you to keep the wing.

View attachment 64274
Could you have mounted Granite body and left Typhon wheels on?
And what wheelie bar is that?

If i understand correctly the Typhon is closest to Senton which was my goal to have something a little different than my son's but still similar. I do like to modify and change things over time and really like the look of a truck body.

Could you have mounted Granite body and left Typhon wheels on?
And what wheelie bar is that?
Yes you can use any wheels you prefer. The wheelie bar is from the Granite and is 100% compatible with the Typhon 3S.

Just an update after (probably more than needed) research i have decided on the a Senton. It gives me the most options for different combos i want to try, yet allows me to still run with my son at 2 tracks we found not to far out of reach from us.
Thank You all for your help will pick it up as soon as local hobby store gets yellow back in stock.

Update, local shop got green Senton in so my son and i decide to make sure we don't get cabin fever over next couple weeks. I may have been a little aggressive 1st time out and broke rear A arm ??‍♂️

Attachments

• 20200313_183029.jpg
    20200313_183029.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 44
Update, local shop got green Senton in so my son and i decide to make sure we don't get cabin fever over next couple weeks. I may have been a little aggressive 1st time out and broke rear A arm ??‍♂️
Nice. Looks like you're both having a good time. Bet those two are good for a lot of laughs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back