Kraton Purchased arrma instead of traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srt82zl1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
so after bashing the heck out of my volcano epx pro with a 1/8 motor I decided I wanted another car but a 1/8 scale. I went to an reputable rc dealer and basically was told everything is trash except traxxas so I ordered an e-revo but did more research and found one of the baddest cars for way less than the revo. I cancelled my order on the revo and ordered the Kraton and man am I happy. My buddy was gonna buy the helion select 4 but he decided on the talion and we were both blown away buy the build and most of all performance stock. We did speed runs today and both vehicles ran 54 mph and were very satisfied. If you guys are rc shopping please take a look at arrma they build some great products!!

I might not make any friends here but Traxxas are the worst in my eyes. There cars are not as durable as people think, they are plastic fantastic, look like toy grade (most of them) and some still use chassis from the 90's with only minor improvements over the years. Then they bring out the X MAXX or the X FARCE as i like to call it, hugely dissapointing and above all that they charge silly money for their vehicles.

Everyone i know who owns a Traxxas is always fixing it......why do people like them so?

ARRMA ALL THE WAY!!!

Traxxas is a huge name in rc.... others are out to become that huge name. Some smart person at Arrma realized that 1/8 scale buggys/truggy are great for bashing. Making a 6S capable monster truggy was smart. I hope they continue to improve on it.

Traxxas is a huge name in rc.... others are out to become that huge name. Some smart person at Arrma realized that 1/8 scale buggys/truggy are great for bashing. Making a 6S capable monster truggy was smart. I hope they continue to improve on it.

They may be a big name, but they are not passionate about producing great RC's, they are passionate about making loads of money!

None of the rc companies blow anything out of the park out of the box, not including racing quality vehicles. . I like many brands for different things. But they all miss something that another brand didn't. Thank god for aftermarket parts for basher RC's.

When it comes to the E-Revo up against anything that's equivalent from Arrma. Arrma blows the E-Revo away. Holds up 1000 times better. Much better design.

Arrma has someone working for them that understands better where bashers like to be. If they listen, and it seems they are.... they may be the huge name soon. I guarantee they want to make money also.... just do it with stronger parts would be cool. Easier said than done. Out of the box, for the money, they are doing pretty good so far. Please just sell some roller Kratons !!!!!

Bring on more aftermarket for Arrma !!!!! RPM, MIP, etc etc. that's who makes these bad boys really shine. That mixed with a decent out of the box platform.

I would love to see an"Ultimate Kraton". This would be a hooked up roller clean out of the box from Arrma. All sorts of upgrades out of the box.... everything we all have tested and changed out. No body, electronics or tires included.

Last edited:
My first was a mini erevo 1 16 and when i went into the lhs i got my eyes pn the kraton last summer....bought it and never looked back at traxxas :)

None of the rc companies blow anything out of the park out of the box, not including racing quality vehicles. . I like many brands for different things. But they all miss something that another brand didn't. Thank god for aftermarket parts for basher RC's.

When it comes to the E-Revo up against anything that's equivalent from Arrma. Arrma blows the E-Revo away. Holds up 1000 times better. Much better design.

Arrma has someone working for them that understands better where bashers like to be. If they listen, and it seems they are.... they may be the huge name soon. I guarantee they want to make money also.... just do it with stronger parts would be cool. Easier said than done. Out of the box, for the money, they are doing pretty good so far. Please just sell some roller Kratons !!!!!

Bring on more aftermarket for Arrma !!!!! RPM, MIP, etc etc. that's who makes these bad boys really shine. That mixed with a decent out of the box platform.

I would love to see an"Ultimate Kraton". This would be a hooked up roller clean out of the box from Arrma. All sorts of upgrades out of the box.... everything we all have tested and changed out. No body, electronics or tires included.

I wanted to like the X MAXX when i first saw pictures.......i thought yeah a new truck, new design, big aswell, could be good. How wrong i was, what a piece of expensive rubbish....soooo many failures all over the truck...i quite like the e revo but have heard about the diffs.

Most 1/8th scale vehicles cant handle 6s for a long period of time but the Arrma cars seem to be able to cope amazingly well without real problems.

I like what you say about a hopped up roller, they could come fitted with Team Durango DEX8T parts......that would be nice ;)

just build a Kraton roller with bulletproof diffs, chassis brace, high end bearings, metal servo bracket, metal center diff mount, metal bell cranks, massive battery straps, and a set of high end shocks. Include body posts to adapt many bodies to it.

just build a Kraton roller with bulletproof diffs, chassis brace, high end bearings, metal servo bracket, metal center diff mount, metal bell cranks, massive battery straps, and a set of high end shocks. Include body posts to adapt many bodies to it.

All this and some ally suspension hangers to hold the pins other than plastic and a 7075 chassis.......that would be king.

I think it comes down to people who race 1/8 scale know that the toughest rc cars are their buggies and truggies. Simple platform, everything mounted low and accessible, aluminum plate at the lowest part, simple clean three diff, direct driven drive train! I don't know why it took so long for someone to do this for a basher? This platform has been used for racing for probably two decades by nitro racers or longer. Arrma just took the durango racers and made a lower budget basher version! About time someone did this! I have always wanted a monster truck but would watch videos of them just constantly rolling over, but once I saw a monster that was based on a truggy I knew I had to have one. I used to race an associated rc8t truggy converted to electric and I would go out and stomp the nitro truggies, So awesome. Anyways I have always been confused by why traxxas has such weird designs? The revo should just be a truggy design, you cannot even run a single battery? The platform is just weird to me and that is how I feel about the Nero, looks like a bat mobile with the body off, who gives a ####. Give me the clean, simple, logical, easy to maintain, low center of gravity truggy/buggy platform any day!

It's why I hang on to the Kraton for now... it handles well. Simple to work on. I've hung on to my Traxxas Slash also. The Slash Ultimate with a set of upgraded drive shafts and a few RPM parts is a solid basher. No complaints ever from that vehicle. My Kraton breaks way more but I expect it to, it's larger. Overall, I prefer a 1/8 scale buggy chassis. It's so easy to work on, Kraton handles 6S and that's where the excitement starts.

It's why I hang on to the Kraton for now... it handles well. Simple to work on. I've hung on to my Traxxas Slash also. The Slash Ultimate with a set of upgraded drive shafts and a few RPM parts is a solid basher. No complaints ever from that vehicle. My Kraton breaks way more but I expect it to, it's larger. Overall, I prefer a 1/8 scale buggy chassis. It's so easy to work on, Kraton handles 6S and that's where the excitement starts.
I own a rustler and a slash 2wd that I have been racing for 10 years and love them both but that is because they are the simple 2wd platform and most the traxxas has been modded out of them. My Kraton mostly just has the pillow balls backing out but it has been solid, then again I really don't get to run it all that much...

Are you guys kidding me
Traxxas was the best
Thats untill arrma came out lol
All of my traxxas now just collecting dust on the corner

Right,
If you compare an E-Revo and an Big Rock out of the Box and if be honest.....you just will have one possibility; the Nero.
I could drive E-Revo, Summit and the Nero at my dealers parking place before buying.
After the test-drive all was clear for me. A Nero! Then I saw the Big Rock and the decision was clear.
Now after 4 month I am still happy with it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back