Talion Put an EXB Super Basher front bumper on my Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Received my EXB Super Basher front bumper from Horizon today (finally) and replaced the RPM front bumper on my Talion.

As it comes in the package:
MaGQT4R.jpg

Three pieces ... and no hardware - so you better have some M3 button/flat heads and M4 flat heads in your parts bin available:
l4N2YPj.jpg

First step was to take off the RPM bumper and then replace M4X12 flat head screws that were removed when the RPM bumper was installed. You also have to remove the M3 button head screw that goes into the suspension mount with M3x20 flat head screws:

i1HqqFC.jpg

The shock absorber piece can then be attached (or you can do it after the bumper is installed):

cU72RuN.jpg

Also had to steal 3 of the M4x16 flat head screws from the RPM bumper.

Compared to the RPM bumper (both on Talions):

0TBIAj7.jpg

oBSGf19.jpg

Nice work, looks great...

I have one coming in the mail today... after looking at it though it may not fit over the CRCU blocks.. might have to go on my Kraton XL and the t-bone bumper from it might be going on the car this exb bumper was going on ? we’ll have to see when it comes.

do you still have the last 2 photos by chance? they are not loading.

thanks

Received my EXB Super Basher front bumper from Horizon today (finally) and replaced the RPM front bumper on my Talion.

As it comes in the package:
MaGQT4R.jpg

Three pieces ... and no hardware - so you better have some M3 button/flat heads and M4 flat heads in your parts bin available:
l4N2YPj.jpg

First step was to take off the RPM bumper and then replace M4X12 flat head screws that were removed when the RPM bumper was installed. You also have to remove the M3 button head screw that goes into the suspension mount with M3x20 flat head screws:

i1HqqFC.jpg

The shock absorber piece can then be attached (or you can do it after the bumper is installed):

cU72RuN.jpg

Also had to steal 3 of the M4x16 flat head screws from the RPM bumper.

Compared to the RPM bumper (both on Talions):

0TBIAj7.jpg

oBSGf19.jpg

Hello. Thank you very much for sharing this information. I bougth a Talion a week ago and want to install a bumper. Initially i wanted to install the RPM Bumper but maybe an Arrma Super Basher would be the better choice. I am afraid the Arrma Bumper looks too big on the Talion. So do you have a picture of your whole Talion with the Arrma Bumper? How does it look like? I am quite curious. But only if it doesn't mean too much effort.

Regards

Hello. Thank you very much for sharing this information. I bougth a Talion a week ago and want to install a bumper. Initially i wanted to install the RPM Bumper but maybe an Arrma Super Basher would be the better choice. I am afraid the Arrma Bumper looks too big on the Talion. So do you have a picture of your whole Talion with the Arrma Bumper? How does it look like? I am quite curious. But only if it doesn't mean too much effort.

Regards
It fits perfect and doesn’t look too big 👍🏻
1D96C575-AA00-43E2-92B2-7FA4D2C63511.jpeg

Looks nice & mean!! Just put one on my kraton 🤘 🤘

Hey man, great thread, very helpful.

One question if you don't mind, will I need different hardware other than OEM (unlike yourself having the RPM bumper already) or will the original hardware that the truck comes with be suitable to fix the Super Bumper ??

I'll be fixing the bumper to a V5 Notorious.

Hey man, great thread, very helpful.

One question if you don't mind, will I need different hardware other than OEM (unlike yourself having the RPM bumper already) or will the original hardware that the truck comes with be suitable to fix the Super Bumper ??

I'll be fixing the bumper to a V5 Notorious.

Sorry, I missed your reply but the RPM bumpers come with all needed hardware while the Arrma bumpers do not. Best is for you to look at the interactive exploded view of a vehicle that comes with an EXB bumper and that will show you all the necessary hardware you need. I think you can reuse a screw or two but better just get everything you need based on the exploded view.

Sorry, I missed your reply but the RPM bumpers come with all needed hardware while the Arrma bumpers do not. Best is for you to look at the interactive exploded view of a vehicle that comes with an EXB bumper and that will show you all the necessary hardware you need. I think you can reuse a screw or two but better just get everything you need based on the exploded view.
So even fixing the Super Bumper to a Talion exb requires bits that arent supplied with the bumper itself ?

Looks great. So, it IS compatible with the CRCU blocks then, as I was thinking of getting those at some point soon - Im a big fan of CRCU. Are there any other CRCU bits you reccomend ?
This talion actually has scorched front hinge pin block. The crcu do not work with the exhaust bumpers…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back