Limitless Qs8 or 6.5 or 8mm connections for XLX2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The resistance of connectors is always higher than that of wires. With bullets especially, maximizing contact between the surfaces is best done by getting a large diameter (like 8mm) and by making sure they fit tightly. I’ve heard of bullets smaller than 6.5mm desoldering from high-amp pulls, and in my mind it would be silly to risk bottlenecking an XLX2 with anything smaller than 8mm bullets.
I’ve unsoldered plenty of stock motors doing speed runs. The small 4mm bullets aren’t capable of the high amp draws of 100mph+ speeds.

Thanks for the input bro! Ya I learned the hard way with Ic5 lol definitely no fun having to unsolder and resolder when you think your all done🤦

Thanks for the input! Only reason I'd go 6.5's is I've got an assload of bullets so would cost me nothing, and CNHL have some stupid cheap deals right now on some 6.5 4s and 6s packs. Thinking of going Qs8's as they do seem the best and safest choice just need like 5 sets and will have now packs that will only be able to be used on my speed rig but I've got other lipos for my bashers so not too big a deal.
These are an option to keep your 8mm bullets safe. I whipped these up off the back of a recent thread exchange with @jondilly1974. They are just another option if you want to stay with bullet connectors. www.thingiverse.com/thing:4917227.
524070B6-86BE-495E-8273-670E16664741.jpeg

Is this just a protective over the end cap? I would probably want something that snaps over the bullet and stays there, similar tot the XT150 covers.
Yeah, just caps for storage/transporting. I just printed a few, they work well.

9A5ABDFF-C4BA-47F3-9AB3-D6478F60E782.jpeg

Last edited:
You could use a single QS8 directly out of the ESC to a Y adapter with 8mm bullets to each pack. This would make it a single QS8 connector instead of two and you would still get AS.
I happened to ask Castle about this cause it sounded like a great idea on paper, they advised against it though.

I happened to ask Castle about this cause it sounded like a great idea on paper, they advised against it though.
Depends on who you ask at Castle. They have some less intelligent people there answering phones. We have heard some absurd stories of bad advice people have been given from them.

Depends on who you ask at Castle. They have some less intelligent people there answering phones. We have heard some absurd stories of bad advice people have been given from them.
Thanks man. I'll send you a PM.

I was thinking about it last night and couldn't come up for a reason why - if you use a Y-adapter, current would still be the same across all three connectors. I guess maybe the argument is connectors wear out over time so you'd have to replace more connectors?

I like the idea of having both male on the ESC and both female on the battery. Prevents short circuits and fire. And you don't have to check if the plugs / tube on the male of the battery is tight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back